Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete bunch of losers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    this is literally Arteta finding new ways of blaming everyone except himself - "oh we're losing all the time, it's obvs the culture of the club that's at fault, nothing to do with me guv, I just pick the team and tactics etc..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's embarrassing. Think of what it actually means.

Hi, we're Arsenal but we don't have a clue so we're asking a bunch or corporate shirts for help. Hand out the surveys, 5 year contract to the lucky survey winner.

It's embarrassing.

They've answered their own question. They are the problem. If they can't figure out how to build a serious club with all the resources inherited from real football men then GTFO and find somebody who doesn't need to ring around to get a clue.
    Oh I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    this is literally Arteta finding new ways of blaming everyone except himself - "oh we're losing all the time, it's obvs the culture of the club that's at fault, nothing to do with me guv, I just pick the team and tactics etc..."
    I was thinking exactly the same! How he is even allowed to review the issue when he's a major part of it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I wouldn't put it past this lot, they have collapsed like a pack of cards against some of the worst teams on current form right now in the League, it's mindblowing stuff.
    It's been pretty pathetic but have we ever lost 8 games in a row? Like...ever?
    I was struggling to find the answer to that but it seems pretty unlikely. Suspect Chelsea with duff us up but I reckon we'll get a point vs Utd, might even beat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's been pretty pathetic but have we ever lost 8 games in a row? Like...ever?
    I was struggling to find the answer to that but it seems pretty unlikely. Suspect Chelsea with duff us up but I reckon we'll get a point vs Utd, might even beat them.
    Watching united v Liverpool definitely got a chance against united. They are awful and just rely on individuals whereas we don't have the individuals but at least look like a team

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It seems rumours of our progress have been greatly exaggerated
    tbf - I am sure you started those rumours.......

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Watching united v Liverpool definitely got a chance against united. They are awful and just rely on individuals whereas we don't have the individuals but at least look like a team
    Utd can't defend - we can't score.

It's going to be like watching a bunch of retards try to fuck a door knob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    tbf - I am sure you started those rumours.......

Fair.

I mean, I was just comparing this season with the same stage last year. That's always a bit dangerous but there was a 12 point improvement which seemed pretty significant.
    I admittedly didn't anticipate us collapsing quite so pathetically. NQ would say that's because I have a short memory. It's not that, I just saw the way we were playing and there seemed to be a bit more about this lot.
    Apparently not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a personal perspective (that I suspect is shared by a number of Arsenal fans outside the online community), the last 3 games feel disillusioning because they have highlighted what I feel are clear shortcomings with the manager. I said on another thread that even when we were winning games, in the main a number of our victories felt somewhat lacking in conviction - but it also felt that there was a team cohesion and a game plan that represented progress.

What is clear now is that with a fully fit first team we are a marginal top four side, but we do not have a squad that can cope with any adversity. We also have a manager that is conservative to the point of handbreaking his own team, who seems unable to deviate from a rigid game plan - albeit that that game plan has been effective with all key players in place.

What we are seeing in this regard is nothing new. We saw it in spades last season before the new influx of players in the Summer - players seemingly unable to innovate/switch up when the game state required it - and Arteta's record of failure to come back after conceding the first goal is testimony to this inflexibility.

The other really worrying trend is Arteta's management of fringe players. He has time and time again refused to give back up players time on the pitch - and worse failed to nurture their confidence - meaning an 'eggs in one basket' approach that in hindsight has affected us badly now key players are injured. We have now seen how failure to manage his squad properly spells disaster even when we only have one game a week - which frankly bodes badly if we do manage to secure European football next season.

Funnily enough it is the above trends that I find myself resenting Arteta for - not the Aubameyang situation. One thing that the manager has clearly fostered is squad (or at least first team) unity - and if it were only the obvious risk of leaving us short in the striker department that was an issue I remain behind the principle of not signing a striker for the sake of it.

On the other hand, and trying to be positive amongst all the hand wringing, there are obvious mitigating factors here. Inconsistency is to be expected amongst what we need to remember is the youngest squad in the EPL. The manager has taken risks that appear to have blown up in his face, but this is not necessairly a reason to throw out the whole project. Top 3 aside - there is a complete lack of consistency in the chasing pack, and this speaks to a far more level playing field in the league, where there are almost no 'gimmes'. I am convinced that the realistic aim for the club at the beginning of the season was top 6, and if we get there then we will have achieved this expectation and i am prepared to see what we can do with another Summer of recruitment and a proper striker. I have written off top 4 - now lets see if we can stop the rot.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter