User Tag List

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Lying
    Seeing through your lie

"I want Wenger gone... But, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and built the whole club with his bare hands... nom, nom, nom!"
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Nicely summarised, Allegri should be our first choice and we should move heaven and earth to get him here. The rumours are he is keen and I have heard Ivan G rates him very highly and wants him here.

Jardim or Enrique would be nice too...I would actually prefer Jardim ahead of Enrique.

I am personally not convinced of any of the 2nd tier Managers...whilst Low has done some great work with the German National Team his record at Club management isn't anything to write home about. Despite this he is a winner...so that is a big plus.
    Yeah, I think I'd prefer Jardim over Luis Enrique too. I place Enrique over Jardim because of the accomplishments but when it comes to that Barca machine... hard to give all that credit to the manager.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    "I want Wenger gone... But, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and built the whole club with his bare hands... nom, nom, nom!"
    Ah, doubling down on the lie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Ah, doubling down on the lie

Hard to call it a lie when you have countless posts on here demonstrating my claim. But you are going to give it a try anyway I see.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why argue, we all want Wenger out don't we.

My first choice would be Conte if Chelsea get rid of him, failing that then it has to be Ancelotti.

I cannot see Allegri leaving Juventus to come here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We know we aren't hiring Allardyce or anyone from that bunch - although they would do a much better job than Wenger, btw.
    no they wouldn't - much as i want him to go, i would rather stick with Wenger than swap him for Allardyce, Rodgers or any other moron like that - to finally get rid of Wenger and then hire someone as s**t as them would be the final joke on us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post

My first choice would be Conte if Chelsea get rid of him, failing that then it has to be Ancelotti.

I cannot see Allegri leaving Juventus to come here.
    Conte is a good manager but his recruitment at Chelsea has been very sketchy. Barkley and Drinkwater are very questionable buys, in Drinkwater's case that was a lot of money spent on an average player IMO. If either player would have been bought by Arsenal this place would have been in meltdown!

I also question how much Conte has developed players in his time at Chelsea.

His track record is very good though and he seems pretty good at extracting high quality performances out of his teams at times...his record this season at Chelsea though is very questionable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Yeah, I think I'd prefer Jardim over Luis Enrique too. I place Enrique over Jardim because of the accomplishments but when it comes to that Barca machine... hard to give all that credit to the manager.
    Yep, I think Jardim is good at building teams which is kind of what we need. Enrique had all the tools he needed at Barca. I think he did well there considering but I don't view him as an Elite manager. Jardim is close to Elite IMO, that team he built at Monaco last season was world class, he developed a lot of those players too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to call it a lie when you have countless posts on here demonstrating my claim. But you are going to give it a try anyway I see.
    I used to think you were a clever person pretending to be a stupid person. Maybe I got that the wrong way round...

But, for the hard of thinking, I'll have a go at explaining one more time.

"I want Wenger gone...
    OK, you got that bit right. That actually is what I think. So far, so good.

But, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread
    No, that's the lie bit and you know it is. He was (note the past tense) revolutionary back in the day and did amazing things for us.
    Football has moved on and he hasn't and he has now been left behind.
    I outlined my thoughts about this at some length in a post some time back and you agreed so why the boring straw man now?

and built the whole club with his bare hands
    And another lie. Wenger is a fairly significant part of our current status as a global club and responsible for our current expectation levels - where the FA Cup and 5th place is seen as a failure.
    No-one achieves success alone though.

You can't point to a single post where I've said anything as extreme as you claim and you know it, so give it a rest with the boring WUMming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    We do, but now just to create an argument that is no longer enough.
    Now you have to hate him, think he's the worst manager around and bonus points if you can claim he was never any good in the first place.
    #FourYorkshiremen...
    All a bit silly really.