User Tag List

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Champions League 22/23

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They leave me completely cold. I don't get annoyed if they win things, and I'm never really in awe of them. I just don't really care they are there.

Though I have just remembered I'm working in Manchester tomorrow, right where the fucking parade is happening. Will be making a hasty 4pm exit I think to avoid that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    They leave me completely cold. I don't get annoyed if they win things, and I'm never really in awe of them. I just don't really care they are there.

Though I have just remembered I'm working in Manchester tomorrow, right where the fucking parade is happening. Will be making a hasty 4pm exit I think to avoid that
    I think everyone feels the same really.

I consider myself an objective guy and have no problem talking about rivals in a positive sense if I feel it’s warranted. They’re obviously an incredibly strong team but you put it perfectly…they just leave you cold. Can’t respect anything about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I am

It’s impossible to tell, he’s only managed clubs that can spend ridiculous amounts

Taken him six years to get the European cup with Man City. I’m not saying he’s not good, I’m saying a) it’s impossible to tell and b) as long as your board doesn’t do a Chelsea or man United and absolutely bomb in the transfer market it’s not the pinnacle of achievements.

Unless the manager is a complete imbecile, it doesn’t matter who manages the club. Arteta didn’t get us to second by being a brilliant coach, he did it because the good signings he made were able to outweigh the bad ones.
    I think everyone would like to see him at a club where the deck isn’t stacked in his favour. This dominance with City was inevitable from the moment he walked through the door.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think everyone feels the same really.

I consider myself an objective guy and have no problem talking about rivals in a positive sense if I feel it’s warranted. They’re obviously an incredibly strong team but you put it perfectly…they just leave you cold. Can’t respect anything about them.
    This.

Utd really battled for their treble, and they rode their luck at times. Notably the FA Cup semi with that late penalty and then the CL final where they got battered and were fortunate to still be in it at the end when they came back and won it. But credit where it’s due, they cleaned up in an era when football was far more competitive.

City have cruised to the treble, they’re a level above everyone else. People can go on about us bottling it if they like and there is something in that, but City were going to mow us down in the end. They’re just a relentless machine. They barely got out of 2nd gear to dispatch Utd last year.

And we all know how they got to this level. It baffles me that they’re not called out on it. I have zero respect for any of their “achievements” and the lack of self awareness of some City fans is dizzying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m not disputing Guardiola is a good manager.
    But there’s no comparison with Fergie who in the early days built that dominant Utd team without a sugar-daddy and prior to that achieved success at Aberdeen, briefly breaking the Celtic/Rangers duopoly.
    But he had the FA and all refs around his little finger - no pel awarded against them at Old Shiteford for over two-and-a-half seasons, as much extra time as they needed to get a winner, Keane almost literally getting away with murder on the pitch etc etc

they didn't win what they won fair and square

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really agree. I mean, I do think Fergie had more influence than he should have and intimidated referees. But don't all clubs and managers seek to influence things? I don't think the fact that he was better at it than others makes him a cheat. He's the GOAT, for me. Hated him at the time but now the dust has settled I have a lot of grudging respect for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't really agree. I mean, I do think Fergie had more influence than he should have and intimidated referees. But don't all clubs and managers seek to influence things? I don't think the fact that he was better at it than others makes him a cheat. He's the GOAT, for me. Hated him at the time but now the dust has settled I have a lot of grudging respect for him.
    can't stand him tbh although it's always amusing to see how pissed off he is when Moan U are losing

there's a reason why it was widely said at the time that his gerrymandering/bullying of the FA and refs was worth ten points a season

As for Aberdeen, i remember they were supposed to go down one season but Ferguson fiddled it so they stayed up - for that reason i hate Aberdeen and always hope they lose

I don't admire anything Moan U or Fergufuck did

take that Giggs 'wondergoal' against us in the FAC - the only 'wonder' about it was how Keown and all the others did such a good job of giving him a free run at goal - in terms of any skill Giggs used, it was the equivalent of a tap-in
    Last edited by Mac76; 12-06-2023 at 11:56 AM.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair they are the best team I've seen play live football on TV.

If your complaining about the parade then your point is invalid. Your wouldn't mind your own team having a parade after they have won. So let them have there fun.
    Last edited by FootieJohn909; 22-09-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    can't stand him tbh although it's always amusing to see how pissed off he is when Moan U are losing

there's a reason why it was widely said at the time that his gerrymandering/bullying of the FA and refs was worth ten points a season

As for Aberdeen, i remember they were supposed to go down one season but Ferguson fiddled it so they stayed up - for that reason i hate Aberdeen and always hope they lose

I don't admire anything Moan U or Fergufuck did

take that Giggs 'wondergoal' against us in the FAC - the only 'wonder' about it was how Keown and all the others did such a good job of giving him a free run at goal - in terms of any skill Giggs used, it was the equivalent of a tap-in

That goal upset me profoundly but I think you’re misremembering it, you’re talking about as if he had a free run on goal, but Vieira tries an interception, Dixon tries an interception and to outmuscle him and Keown tries to dispossess him just inside the box and almost succeeds.

The goal was scored in the second half of extra time, so the worst you can say that is that some of the attempts were a bit tired. But I think as much as hate to admit it, it was an absolutely class goal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think it's played and replayed too much, but it was a brilliant goal.
    I remember walking out of the room in a strop and refusing to watch the rest