Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 4497

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Elections today. No idea what to do.
    I don't have strong feelings about Khan either way. Probably time for a change but to who?
    Talking to a mate this morning. He went Binface. Thinking I'll do the same. It's probably the best way to show my distain for the more serious candidates. And he wants to ban speakerphones on trains which is a brilliant idea.
    I think something like London Mayor should be term limited

Not living in London I don’t have a say. Sadiq Kahn deserves a lot of criticism, unfortunately he’s able to hide behind the fact that people attack him for being Muslim Pakistani (who gives a fuck, it’s not like he’s Lutfur Rahman in Tower Hamlets who basically corals the Bengali vote) rather than the fact that he’s weak, woke etc

If the Tories genuinely thought they had a chance of taking the mayoralty they wouldn’t have run a nitwit like Susan Hall

Banning speakerphones on Trains is something that should sure garner cross party support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Why?
    Because Kahn isn’t a very good Mayor

It’s a shame like I say that it’s not term limited so that Labour couldn’t put someone a bit better forward (although who would be the question)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Why?
    I don't know

Other than a general feeling that things haven't really got better under him. Not sure they've got worse either. And I'm not convinced anyone else would particularly do better. Hence my confusion and lack of enthusiasm for voting - although I feel I should.

This is why there should be a test. Then idiots like me would fail it and wouldn't need to worry about the decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don’t vote then?. You don’t need a paternalistic state telling you what you are and are not qualified to do

If you don’t feel you can make the decision, don’t make it

I don’t vote because I have universal contempt for the main parties in this country

Tories? - Given up responsibly running the country half way through their 14 years. But given Labour saddled us with Corbyn they’ve remained in

Labour - Any party that made Corbyn its leader should not be given the responsibility of high office ever again…although in fairness that cuts both ways with the Tories and Liz Truss.

Lib Dem - Does anyone even know what they stand for?

Reform - Cut taxes and spending but more money for policing, NHS and immigration . Don’t piss up my back and tell me it’s raining

Green - The left wing equivalent of Reform. Impossible promises, made by cunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Banning speakerphones on Trains is something that should sure garner cross party support
    Why stop at trains, also gardens, pubs anywhere where it's going to be inflicted on others

also ban leafblowers, truly an invention of Satan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...but in the absence of anyone pursuing those policies I'll definitely vote for Kahn, he's a pretty sound guy who doesn't pursue ideological hobbyhorses, the alternative is a right wing nutter, i.e. no alternative at all. I think he's done pretty well given he's had to deal with a dreadful Tory government, COVID, economic downturn, leaving the EU etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t vote because I have universal contempt for the main parties in this country
    A fairly reasonable stance.

I believe one has a responsibility to vote (and to do so responsibly), but I am also sympathetic to the view that none of them are worth voting for.

Although given that someone is going to get in, overall I feel you probably should make a choice. This is where I have some issue with NQ's stance of not voting because he doesn't believe in government - that's like not getting off the rails because you don't believe the train heading towards you is real. Doesn't matter what you believe, you're gonna get hit. And it doesn't matter whether you believe in government, someone is going to get in so why not have your say?

Binface is a bit of a contradiction to that because he has no credible chance of getting in, so it's a sort of wasted vote. But it means I've used my right to vote, which I think people should, and it registers my apathy for all the major candidates.
    I don't actually think Khan has been that bad, or that good, but voting for him is a bit of a nothing thing to so. I don't feel strongly enough about him to vote for him, but I don't want any of the others to get in either.

I reckon Binface, but I haven't voted yet. And I think there's a London Assembly thing vote too, literally no idea who any of those people are so I might not vote in that one. Or just vaguely vote for a party I feel the least contempt for, which is a bit weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Kahn isn’t a very good Mayor

It’s a shame like I say that it’s not term limited so that Labour couldn’t put someone a bit better forward (although who would be the question)
    I know you think that, I was asking Letters.

My vote up in Manchester is a waste of time really, Burnham's getting in with a huge majority regardless, and my council ward is pretty much the same.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    ...but in the absence of anyone pursuing those policies I'll definitely vote for Kahn, he's a pretty sound guy who doesn't pursue ideological hobbyhorses, the alternative is a right wing nutter, i.e. no alternative at all. I think he's done pretty well given he's had to deal with a dreadful Tory government, COVID, economic downturn, leaving the EU etc
    This sounds exactly like the defence the SNP use for the absolute botch job they’ve done in Scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    A fairly reasonable stance.

I believe one has a responsibility to vote (and to do so responsibly), but I am also sympathetic to the view that none of them are worth voting for.

Although given that someone is going to get in, overall I feel you probably should make a choice. This is where I have some issue with NQ's stance of not voting because he doesn't believe in government - that's like not getting off the rails because you don't believe the train heading towards you is real. Doesn't matter what you believe, you're gonna get hit. And it doesn't matter whether you believe in government, someone is going to get in so why not have your say?

Binface is a bit of a contradiction to that because he has no credible chance of getting in, so it's a sort of wasted vote. But it means I've used my right to vote, which I think people should, and it registers my apathy for all the major candidates.
    I don't actually think Khan has been that bad, or that good, but voting for him is a bit of a nothing thing to so. I don't feel strongly enough about him to vote for him, but I don't want any of the others to get in either.

I reckon Binface, but I haven't voted yet. And I think there's a London Assembly thing vote too, literally no idea who any of those people are so I might not vote in that one. Or just vaguely vote for a party I feel the least contempt for, which is a bit weak.
    See I don’t see how you square responsibility to vote with your belief in intelligence tests

Either way it feels very authoritarian/paternalistic

I absolutely don’t want to live in whatever nightmarish dystopian society that would make NQ happy.

But your analogy makes no sense, if you don’t believe in government why on earth would you give your endorsement to that. Equally if I have nothing but contempt for the current political class why should I endorse them.

My issue is that politicians have all the wrong incentives. That’s why we have so much bowing to NIMBYs, as well as other special interests such as Stonewall and the Muslim Council of Britain.

I want a party that’s pragmatic and employs common sense on social issues, understands that this country needs investment in economic terms and is prepared to be internationalist/hawkish even when both the Americans and the Europeans lack a spine on foreign policy (like stop dragging our feet in support of the only functional democracy in the Middle East in its battle against nihilistic jihadism. If people don’t like that stance then leave)

To lead by example and not make decisions with short term benefit