Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I haven’t had a drink in 6 years. This pandemic drives me closer every day
    6 years ago, you werent old enough to drink. Thats what I heard anyway (Letters said it)
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I say that? I’ve lost track.
    Pretty sure Ollie is older than WMUG, and WMUG is mid 20s now

Also, churches can stay open (God ),
    But I heard golf courses have to shut

Consistency

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    6 years ago, you werent old enough to drink. Thats what I heard anyway (Letters said it)

I’m going to be 30 this year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, churches can stay open (God ),
    But I heard golf courses have to shut

Consistency
    That annoys me but purely from a selfish point of view.

Although last they shut everything I November it just meant all people could do was walk or run so all the paths/parks were rammed. By allowing some golf or outdoor sport with one other person, it at least reduces the amount of people all going for a walk.

Listening to Gove this morning, he says the 15th feb review date is only for vaccination progress not to ease restrictions. We are in this until at least Easter then. There will not be a country to come back to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government don't help themselves when the rules feel so inconsistent and "making it up as they go along".
    I'm not a golfer but it's a sport which lends itself to social distancing.
    Last lockdown they shut the tennis courts in parks. If you're not social distancing while playing tennis then you're doing it wrong.
    Literally yesterday Boris was insisting schools were safe...last night he shuts them all

I actually think shutting them is the right thing to do, it's obviously where this will spread fastest. But would a bit of consistency kill him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But would a bit of consistency kill him?
    let's hope so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government don't help themselves when the rules feel so inconsistent and "making it up as they go along".
    I'm not a golfer but it's a sport which lends itself to social distancing.
    Last lockdown they shut the tennis courts in parks. If you're not social distancing while playing tennis then you're doing it wrong.
    Literally yesterday Boris was insisting schools were safe...last night he shuts them all

I actually think shutting them is the right thing to do, it's obviously where this will spread fastest. But would a bit of consistency kill him?
    Yeah, I seem to remember Williamson threatening schools with legal action a couple of weeks ago, if they didn't stay open. Cock.

As a parent, the thing that's probably causing me the most anxiety is that no one has acknowledged any kind of worst-case scenario for education yet.

I get the feeling no one really wants to voice the concern, because teachers have all worked so incredibly hard to adapt (with almost no guidance), and it seems like a bit of a slap in the face to them, but what if remote learning isn't enough? What happens if we get to the end of the year and significant numbers of older students are failing their exams (or whatever metrics we're using if exams are cancelled) and significant numbers of younger children are failing to hit key developmental milestones? We can't just bulldoze them through to the next academic year if they're not going to be ready for the more advanced content. At the moment if feels like we've bet the farm on this one solution, and no one even wants to consider what we might be facing if it's ineffective.

If we all have to stay home to keep each other safe and protect the NHS, then so be it - that's just the situation and there's nothing for it but to get on with it. I'd just like someone in the government or DoE to acknowledge the very real possibility that we might be facing a major crisis in education when we come out of this, and not just keep dismissing us with "it's OK - we've got remote learning and some online lesson plans." Again, what is the worst-case scenario here and what is the plan to deal with it?

Even if there isn't a plan yet, can we at least start to consider that we might need one? If someone can give us that, then you'd probably find most parents would unify behind school closures.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 05-01-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the only way out of this is through the vaccine.

In order to return to normal life, would you support the government making this a mandatory vaccination to ensure everyone gets it?

Normally i would be against making things like that mandatory but i think in this case, as it is the only way to get back to normal, it might be a price worth paying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never support that. That's a very dangerous road to go down IMO.