Page 483 of 707 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It takes 3 weeks for the vaccine to work? Do you realise how bonkers that sounds? Anyway, I guess that sort of thing passes as science in the land of the millennials.

Okay, it takes 3 weeks, all the people genuinely susceptible to this virus have been vaccinated - over 450 years old, 1277 medical conditions, dying of old age in the first place, etc, etc - facetious, but you know exactly what I mean - and we can open up in May? Surely that's a WTF moment for you? And if it isn't then, I don't know what tbh.

Is this a vaccine or just some shit being pumped into people? If it's a vaccine it's supposed to PREVENT the disease it's designed to counter - PREVENT. That's what is meant by efficacy. And so, I'll reiterate, if the grand opening of the UK occurs in May then the efficacy of the vaccine is ZERO, because we've spent 4 months waiting for a product to do its shit, for some weird reason. And you could say, well there's still some people (like 4) outside the high risk group who could die. So let's shut it all down until we can guarantee nobody will ever die again. Like we did with the flu - though, actually, we did no such thing.

Dude, in the end, logically, they are selling you a vaccine that doesn't have a single practical effect on the life you are living right now. Is that true or false? And, if true, what is the efficacy of the vaccine? Fucking common sense and elementary maths.
    Why is it bonkers? The flu vaccine usually takes 2 weeks after the jab to protect that person. I’m not sure of any vaccines that provide instant protection the moment of the jab. It’s why when you travel abroad & need a tetanus jab etc they recommend you do a few weeks before travelling so that it has time to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Why is it bonkers? The flu vaccine usually takes 2 weeks after the jab to protect that person. I’m not sure of any vaccines that provide instant protection the moment of the jab. It’s why when you travel abroad & need a tetanus jab etc they recommend you do a few weeks before travelling so that it has time to work.
    There it is. If the fantasy isn't playing then create an extreme. Where did I say the vaccine should work the moment it is administered? That's really very dishonest Ollie. You shouldn't do that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u ok, hun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There it is. If the fantasy isn't playing then create an extreme. Where did I say the vaccine should work the moment it is administered? That's really very dishonest Ollie. You shouldn't do that.
    You were saying it was bonkers to say the vaccine would take 3 weeks to work & saying that passes as science for millennials.

What else were you implying by that if not that the vaccine wasn’t great as it didnt work sooner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    You were saying it was bonkers to say the vaccine would take 3 weeks to work & saying that passes as science for millennials.

What else were you implying by that if not that the vaccine wasn’t great as it didnt work sooner
    Well don't change the subject. Or are you now accepting I didn't say the vaccine should work instantly? If so, why did you say it in the first place?

Vaccines take your immunity down. That's why it takes time for them to "work". Not because the vaccine suddenly gains potency, because all it does is introduce DNA or RNA traces into the system that allows natural immunity (not the vaccine, never the vaccine) to deal with new and unrecognised infection. 3 weeks is absurd. If it really requires 3 weeks before the vaccine "works" then I would classify that as highly dangerous. In fact we'll soon be seeing a story about just this issue, in relation to the Pfizer vaccine.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well don't change the subject. Or are you now accepting I didn't say the vaccine should work instantly? If so, why did you say it in the first place?

Vaccines take your immunity down. That's why it takes time for them to "work". Not because the vaccine suddenly gains potency, because all it does is introduce DNA or RNA traces into the system that allows natural immunity (not the vaccine, never the vaccine) to deal with new and unrecognised infection. 3 weeks is absurd. If it really requires 3 weeks before the vaccine "works" then I would classify that as highly dangerous. In fact we'll soon be seeing a story about just this issue, in relation to the Pfizer vaccine.
    You don't half talk a lot of bollocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    You don't half talk a lot of bollocks.
    I just used the official, idiot's description of what the vaccine does. So, off you go. Tell me why the official line on these vaccines is bollocks. Don't worry if you need to get a bit technical. And it's nice to have an ally for a change.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    u ok, hun?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh*

I do find this post truth world we live in dispiriting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reporting on the vaccines in general during this pandemic has been quite appalling in my opinion.

Take this weekend, there was an article in the Financial Times stating that Oxford vaccine did not prevent mild or moderate illness if infected by the South African variant of Covid. That was the headline yet in the article (behind a paywall which doesnt help) the study said of the 2000 people monitored, not a single one went to hospital or died. Exactly what we are trying to reduce with the vaccine.

Then you take some of the comments from France, Germany & other EU nations where they state the Oxford vaccine is not safe for over 60’s despite no evidence. So far, the uptake of the vaccine in the UK has been impressive with most groups having 90% take up but in places like France where the anti vax crowd are very persuasive, these articles or statements are not going to help and ultimately delay return to normality.