Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I get my vaccine on Monday.

Looking forward to Bill Gates tracking my every move.
    He already does mate
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Love footy meets when there’s no football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I get my vaccine on Monday.

Looking forward to Bill Gates tracking my every move.
    I wonder can you find a single post on here that states Bill Gates will track you via a vaccine?

Okay, so I haven't read every post. Maybe somebody did say that. But it's a pointless point because he doesn't need a vaccine to track every single move you make on this planet. Him and a thousand others. There's a pratt on here who thinks it's a personal thing. Who on earth would want to know what he's up to? True enough. Nobody. But who on earth would want to know what he's up to as part of a group and in a statistical sense? Let me count that queue, if I have the time.

You all laugh but you seem to have zero idea what's coming. I don't think any of you know what AI is. I don't think any of you know how accurate predictive modelling can be - given enough data. You all think it's about advertising. Well that's a tiny part of it, the part that monetises the effort as it develops. But the end goal isn't money, it's control. Total control in every aspect of every life.

You really ought to read up on the exciting developments in China. Must be so much fun to live there. Then again, normality is defined by the passage of time. Eventually the very worst abuses are just normal.

And you are a fool to be taking that vaccine. Your choice, of course. But you are going to inject yourself based on the assurances of some of the most vile and corrupted individuals on this planet? That's a big leap of faith. And your trust buys these animals the leverage to enforce it on the rest of us, either by strapping us down or by excluding us from life. It's not your finest hour.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everything posted here is about you or in response to you.

It was just a moderate attempt at humour. A stand-alone post that I’m getting the vaccination on Monday.

I do not believe you think Bill Gates will be tracking my every move. Nor do I believe it.

Clearly it’s Mark Zuckerberg.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Love footy meets when there’s no football
    We did meet up here and there back in the day just to meet up, when those mad northern lasses came down whose names I've long since forgotten.
    Ah, I can remember one of their names actually but won't post it on here.
    It's not like any of us go to the games any more anyway!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    But who on earth would want to know what he's up to as part of a group and in a statistical sense? Let me count that queue, if I have the time.
    Of course. I posted about that before - I think it was on here. Of course this sort of statistical data is useful.
    Your mistake is to think that this is being done for some malicious purpose. It's wrapped up in your paranoia that "they" are out to get you. They aren't.
    And no, that doesn't mean that they are bending over to try and help you either, those aren't the only 2 options. You seem unable to think in anything but extremes. You are the one who has been claiming that "they" are trying to keep everyone in their homes or stop people chatting in pubs. You're the one implying this is all personal. It isn't.

At worst it's being done to try and extract more money out of us but no-one is marching you to a cashpoint. It's up to you what you buy, they're just using data to target ads at you for things they think you'll be interested in. Not very well right now, but I guess it'll get better. Right now it's as blunt as "Ooh, I see you bought some shoes, here's some adverts for shoes. You like shoes, right?". How many feet do you think I have, algorithm? I just bought some shoes, I'm not immediately going to buy more shoes. Might work on Imelda Marcos, otherwise your algorithm sucks.

But at best this data actively helps us. Mapping apps can use data points to tell us where there are traffic jams so it can avoid them, data around how people shop and travel can help businesses make people's experience better. Even if you think that ultimately this all comes down to us parting with more of our money, it still helps our experience too. Not everything has a sinister ulterior motive behind it.

You all laugh but you seem to have zero idea what's coming.
    Nor do you.
    You are the one who was confidently predicting the army on the streets, curfews and checkpoints.
    Now, none of us know the future of course so it's not fair to dig at you for getting that wrong, but it's fair game in the context of your continued rock solid confidence in your ability as a wise seer. For my part, the big thing I got wrong was the second wave. Till end of October the death rate was a little above average but not enough that I thought there was any big second wave. But then it all exploded. I was wrong. I can't sensibly use data to back up one opinion and then deny the same data when it shows me to be wrong.

But the end goal isn't money, it's control. Total control in every aspect of every life.
    No it isn't.
    Comparisons with China are spurious, completely different regime.
    And, actually, it's not too bad there. I mean, I'm not defending the regime and there are certainly human rights abuses. But I work with people from there, have visited a couple of times. Day to day people live a pretty much ordinary life.
    I wouldn't want to live in such a regime but it's not the Orwellian dystopia some would have you believe.

And you are a fool to be taking that vaccine. Your choice, of course. But you are going to inject yourself based on the assurances of some of the most vile and corrupted individuals on this planet?
    Are you grouping the people who carried out the vaccine trials there? These are just ordinary people.
    Nurses and doctors are administering these vaccines - are they doing so knowing it isn't safe, or may not be? All the medical professionals I know have had the vaccine.

Your biggest issue is your paranoia. Even if you think they people at the top are evil and corrupt - which I think is a silly caricature - the people doing Covid tests and administering vaccines are just ordinary people. They're not out to get you.

But I don't think the vaccine should be mandatory and I'm against the "vaccine passports" or "no jab, no job" ideas floating around. Those things should be resisted, although exactly how to do that...you're the wannabe revolutionary, you tell me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course. I posted about that before - I think it was on here. Of course this sort of statistical data is useful.
    Your mistake is to think that this is being done for some malicious purpose. It's wrapped up in your paranoia that "they" are out to get you. They aren't.
    And no, that doesn't mean that they are bending over to try and help you either, those aren't the only 2 options. You seem unable to think in anything but extremes. You are the one who has been claiming that "they" are trying to keep everyone in their homes or stop people chatting in pubs. You're the one implying this is all personal. It isn't.

At worst it's being done to try and extract more money out of us but no-one is marching you to a cashpoint. It's up to you what you buy, they're just using data to target ads at you for things they think you'll be interested in. Not very well right now, but I guess it'll get better. Right now it's as blunt as "Ooh, I see you bought some shoes, here's some adverts for shoes. You like shoes, right?". How many feet do you think I have, algorithm? I just bought some shoes, I'm not immediately going to buy more shoes. Might work on Imelda Marcos, otherwise your algorithm sucks.

But at best this data actively helps us. Mapping apps can use data points to tell us where there are traffic jams so it can avoid them, data around how people shop and travel can help businesses make people's experience better. Even if you think that ultimately this all comes down to us parting with more of our money, it still helps our experience too. Not everything has a sinister ulterior motive behind it.

Nor do you.
    You are the one who was confidently predicting the army on the streets, curfews and checkpoints.
    Now, none of us know the future of course so it's not fair to dig at you for getting that wrong, but it's fair game in the context of your continued rock solid confidence in your ability as a wise seer. For my part, the big thing I got wrong was the second wave. Till end of October the death rate was a little above average but not enough that I thought there was any big second wave. But then it all exploded. I was wrong. I can't sensibly use data to back up one opinion and then deny the same data when it shows me to be wrong.

No it isn't.
    Comparisons with China are spurious, completely different regime.
    And, actually, it's not too bad there. I mean, I'm not defending the regime and there are certainly human rights abuses. But I work with people from there, have visited a couple of times. Day to day people live a pretty much ordinary life.
    I wouldn't want to live in such a regime but it's not the Orwellian dystopia some would have you believe.

Are you grouping the people who carried out the vaccine trials there? These are just ordinary people.
    Nurses and doctors are administering these vaccines - are they doing so knowing it isn't safe, or may not be? All the medical professionals I know have had the vaccine.

Your biggest issue is your paranoia. Even if you think they people at the top are evil and corrupt - which I think is a silly caricature - the people doing Covid tests and administering vaccines are just ordinary people. They're not out to get you.

But I don't think the vaccine should be mandatory and I'm against the "vaccine passports" or "no jab, no job" ideas floating around. Those things should be resisted, although exactly how to do that...you're the wannabe revolutionary, you tell me.
    Quality post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Quality post.
    Not really.

Algorithms which poorly identify whether or not he will buy cheese tomorrow.

From technology 20 years ago that you had to log on if you were lucky to get a connection, and then stand on a hill saying “here I am” with flags and shit

If people keep accepting that its just normal, then maybe one should use ones fucking brain to understand why and where it goes next.
    Last edited by LDG; 19-02-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you think it goes next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you think it goes next?
    Clearly there is nowhere in the world where people are opressed or their views suppressed. There is no history in our human existence that says, people will fuck the small guy and take what he can.

I mean Hitler was a fucking pussy compared to what we’re faced with.

Don’t think because your basic experience of wake up work eat sleep watch happy is ok because its “roll eyes” everyone has that.

Right now on this planet, there are things going on, to kids, to people, that should never be inflicted on a person.

Switch on pal.