User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool have overtaken us now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinho Is Boss View Post
    Us, no idea. It'll be done in stages which should lessen any initial impact. I'd be surprised if sponsorship didn't play some part though. Also, I think it will be as part of a wider regeneration of the area so probably some sort of grant as well.

City. I'm sure they'll find a few hundred million down the back of a sofa. Having a quick read of Bluemoon it seems Etihad is buying up half of Manchester anyway.
    I guess if the arabs play it right they'll be able to rejuvenate the whole of Manchester and price mancs out of the area - just as they are doing in London. So many advantages to letting these bastards and their money into the country.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every single thread on here has descended into a wenger in/out, pro/anti and associated fuckery

is anyone still modding on here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    No, Liverpool's success is down to having a manager who is tactically very sound, a strikeforce that is the best in the league by a country mile and a very well balanced first XI.

Of course Liverpool have spent a bit to assemble their current squad, but the fact that their wage bill is lower than ours says it all I am afraid. Rodgers is a very pragmatic manager, one of the best progressive managers around IMHO.

Also this stuff about Liverpool looking horrible when Saurez was out is totally incorrect. They were top of the table at the start of the season without him and were scoring for fun. Admittedly Saurez is their best player by a mile and probably the best player in the League but Liverpool have more to their team than just Suarez.

Of course they have won nothing yet but they have had a great season and if they keep a core of their squad together which I am sure they will I can only see them getting better. They geninuely have a very young team with a few veterans like Gerrard thrown in.
    Even if were only...

How you keep a local, talismanic talent like Gerard for so long?

How you keep a world class want away striker even though there's no guaranteed CL football?

How do you keep a threadbare squad fit enough to sustain a challenge?

- Liverpool have raised genuine questions about how we have operated in the face of the billionaires that we like to use as an excuse.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Even if were only...

How you keep a local, talismanic talent like Gerard for so long?

How you keep a world class want away striker even though there's no guaranteed CL football?

How do you keep a threadbare squad fit enough to sustain a challenge?

- Liverpool have raised genuine questions about how we have operated in the face of the billionaires that we like to use as an excuse.
    - Gerrard still stayed there when they were shit

- You pay him money, and offer him a deal to leave next year if they don't get ECL

- You don't have ECL to contend with, and have far less games than everyone else
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    - Gerrard still stayed there when they were shit

- You pay him money, and offer him a deal to leave next year if they don't get ECL

- You don't have ECL to contend with, and have far less games than everyone else
    We burn shirts and send death threats, you guys write strongly worded chants on youtube.

Gerrard, oh Gerrard the bench warmer for them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ollie
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nasri oh nasri, why would you want to be a benchwarmer for them
    Nasri oh nasri, why would you want to be a benchwarmer for them
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerrard stayed for the same reason Le Tissier did, IMO.
    Local boy done good, didn't want to go elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinho Is Boss View Post
    We burn shirts and send death threats, you guys write strongly worded chants on youtube.

Gerrard, oh Gerrard the bench warmer for them...
    This guy cracks me up!