User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lacazette has come home (official).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    His record is insane really, he scores goals for fun.

However, cant help but feel we are going for 2nd rate French talent compared to the likes of Lemar, Mbappe, Dembele, Griezmann etc.

Cant understand how he hasn't scored that many for France as well, Giroud has a much better scoring rate (and way more appaearances).
    He hardly starts games for France from the looks of it. 11 appearances but only looks like he's every started 3 or 4 games. Has only played the full 90 once and looks to have been played on the RW or LW. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

He has a consistent record and that's what makes me more comfortable with this signing. The others may look more flashy but with only one standout season under their belts and young, we'd be taking a serious gamble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've played the percentages. Signing a Lemar or Mbappe would have dragged on all summer and cost twice as much as someone with a consistent and prolific record in Lacazette.

Smart move as far as I'm concerned. Plus lets face it, we were never going to bloody sign the most sought after player in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only fear is that he is a Sanchez replacement. As other posters have mentioned, I'd rather we lose Sanchez and Ozil for free than sell them this season.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    My only fear is that he is a Sanchez replacement. As other posters have mentioned, I'd rather we lose Sanchez and Ozil for free than sell them this season.
    With Wenger in charge we wont win the title even if we keep them for one more year. Might as well get some funds in to buy their replacements, as long as we're not selling to one of the English clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the point of the extra funds if we can't win the title with Wenger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one sounds worse?

1. Extra funds which can be used to buy replacements. Not winning the title.

2. Forcing them to stay for another year. Not winning the title, not having the extra cash for replacements and watching them walk to Man City or Chelsea for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Which one sounds worse?

1. Extra funds which can be used to buy replacements. Not winning the title.

2. Forcing them to stay for another year. Not winning the title, not having the extra cash for replacements and watching them walk to Man City or Chelsea for free.
    I would prefer the club to put football and trying to win the title above all else. I don't care what the good business move is. We've gone along with that for far too long. I want the best team out on the pitch. Similar to what happened with RVP, you never know what could have happened if we kept him for his last year but with Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla brought in as new additions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's having his medical today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're usually fine when they arrive.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty much official based on Arsenal.com's latest tweet.