User Tag List

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham away (PL) Match Reaction Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a world class centre back in the summer to play alongside Koscielny.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Which suggests the keeper was at fault for not making the call and taking decisive action. Ospina is a good shot stopper but he doesn't command his area like Cech. Wonder why the loon kept our best player this season on the bench?
    Plenty of blame to go around, I'd argue that he's not even that good a shot stopper. He's fine if the shots at the right height. But his positioning is awful, he flaps at things and his distribution is poor.
    Koscielny has always been poor dealing with aerial balls, Gabriel I think he needs refresher training on basic defending.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Monreal looked like a chump yesterday and really the whole thing was a tactical blunder as defence played too deep.

We made Andy Carroll look decent when he really isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Monreal looked like a chump yesterday and really the whole thing was a tactical blunder as defence played too deep.

We made Andy Carroll look decent when he really isn't.
    He's not the first and won't be the last oaf to look like a world beater against us. Our soft centre is common knowledge and regularly exploited. Throw in our inability to shake out of it when put on the ropes and you have a recipe for disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frustrating thing is, it looked really comfortable at 0-2.

Then they get a goal out of nothing and we just shit the bed.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does Bould actually do? Anyone know?

Because when you see our fullbacks and defensive midfield leave such huge gaps on the flanks, all but inviting the opponent to measure up the cross, and then you see the generosity repeated from the lads in the box you just know it's some sort of fucked up defensive tactic in play. We know the players aren't poor or, as they often appear in key situations, inept.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bould.

He's there to hold the clipboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wonder how often we will have to see ospina standing behind his line before it is coached out of him.

Carroll was always going to outjump everyone on the field so the tactic should have been to stop the crosses.

And I know I say it all the time but Payet is brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never understood the idea that it can't possibly get any worse with a different manager......

Of course it bloody can.... did anybody not see mourinho do his best to get Chelsea relegated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could get worse but one thing is for certain, it isn't going to get better with him in charge.