User Tag List

Page 5 of 235 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Fellaini might be available as well. You know. Crazed bid?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Crazed being the operative word

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This would be quite something, losing a 42 million player for free, then spending 9.6 million more than we got for a player we sold years ago.

That would effectively mean that filling positon in the team would have cost 51.6 million. Wenger
    And you say he never likes spending money...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that some of the so called experts like Petit, Merson, Wright, Dixon etc all wanted Wenger to stay in the summer and now all of them seemingly want him out.

There are people on here and people not on here that have wanted Wenger out for many years and cannot believe he is still in the job.

I don't care about the Arsenal matches any more although I really do believe that lots of heavy defeats would get Wenger out next summer, but that won't happen.

We can rant and rave as much as we like, some more than others, but Wenger will be here for many years yet and not just another 18 months of his contract.

He loves the Arsenal job he has and the board love him enormously, and they don't care what the fans think.

How is all of this going to change, seriously ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    It seems to me that some of the so called experts like Petit, Merson, Wright, Dixon etc all wanted Wenger to stay in the summer and now all of them seemingly want him out.

There are people on here and people not on here that have wanted Wenger out for many years and cannot believe he is still in the job.

I don't care about the Arsenal matches any more although I really do believe that lots of heavy defeats would get Wenger out next summer, but that won't happen.

We can rant and rave as much as we like, some more than others, but Wenger will be here for many years yet and not just another 18 months of his contract.

He loves the Arsenal job he has and the board love him enormously, and they don't care what the fans think.

This is how they'll finally break the fans. They'll just outlast them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way now is to hit them commercially, so boycott games + merchandise. They only operate via money so that's how you have to get to them to make them understand.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They still won't give a shit. Worth a try though I guess.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Wright never backed him to stay and neither did Merson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    They still won't give a shit. Worth a try though I guess.
    If profits fall you can be sure they'll take notice, money is the only think they care about. Fans need to boycott games, stop buying merchandise ideally, realistically the boycotting will never happen, so then I guess mass demonstrations at games to make the atmosphere unbearable, it won't affedct Kroenke but Wenger might call it a day (don't hold your breath though, the guy gives an entirely new meaning to the word stubborn).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Wright never backed him to stay and neither did Merson
    Not sure if Petit or Dixon did either to be honest, Petit had been quite critical from memory. Keown is the one really staunch Wenger supporter, the guy deflects all the blame away from Wenger and seems to aim it all at Ozil.