User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that has been bugging me...

Jam Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nana Mousskari is my favorite greek. she was a Mrs not a Myth. If she didn't wear glasses they could make a cool statue of her, but sculptors can't do glasses out of marble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    All you have done is produce a conditioned response. And you've then added mockery which looks big and clever from a group thought perspective but ironic (I'm being kind) in all other cases. All politics is conspiracy, this is the worst kept secret in the world (my emphasis) and yet the conditioning to ignore it is as strong as ever. I'll remind you that my beliefs are centred on human nature and a centuries old track record, your mockery is based on believing a man in a cave brought the US to its knees and served the purpose of the victim far more than it did the alleged aggressor. Sherlock Holmes is hardly required. This is why I take your mockery with the pinch of salt it so deserves.
    I awaited with baited breath your evidence of this "secret". Or would you prefer to read Among the Truthers: A Journey Through America’s Growing Conspiracist Underground by Jonathan Kay. If you ask nicely, I might even get it autographed as Jonathan is a member of my tennis/squash club.

Actually 19 terrorists brought the U.S. to its kness (along with a large chunk of the rest of the world). Also, bin Laden was not living in a cave at the time of 9/11: he was safely ensconced in Afghanistan, under the protection of the Taliban government.
    Last edited by Toronto Gooner; 31-05-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "All politics is conspiracy, this is the worst kept secret in the world", your emphasis removed and the full sentence restored, in the interests of honesty. It would be interesting to know on what grounds you state your alleged facts with such authority. I thought so. Why not go one better, put your friend Jonathan directly in touch with me an I will happily dismantle any case he cares to present. It's not very difficult to do. Did he mention that the majority of these good "truthers" draw a wage? Did he tell you who the paymaster is? Another round of squash required I think.

Regardless, this thread is about baiting those with religious beliefs (of course I didn't miss the point). 911 is very reminiscent of a religion. Blind faith coupled with absolute intolerance of the evidence and an outright rejection of human nature and historical precedence. You see, some of you are a lot more religious than you ever imagined.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the US gain from 9/11? An excuse to invade Afghanistan, they could have chosen a much less disastrous attack and blamed it on Al-Qaeda if this was what they wanted but what else did they gain?

Sure governments keep secrets and are involved in covert operations but 9/11 was not one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    What did the US gain from 9/11? An excuse to invade Afghanistan, they could have chosen a much less disastrous attack and blamed it on Al-Qaeda if this was what they wanted but what else did they gain?

Sure governments keep secrets and are involved in covert operations but 9/11 was not one of them.
    The US as a nation gained nothing at all. The usual list of private corporations who know no borders and have no allegiances except to themselves profited greatly, as they do from all the wars they manufacture. But, now you have declared the matter closed it is best we go back to watching soap operas of a more mundane variety. I understand why people need to believe the things they believe, I don't admire people for it but people are entitled to believe whatever government tells them if they want to. Just as people are entitled to have religious beliefs. What does annoy me a bit is when a person who holds unsustainable beliefs based on faith alone attacks another person of blind faith. That seems unfair. In fact it seems far more reasonable to accept Jesus Christ ascended into heaven than accept something as ludicrous as representative democracy, and yet people accept the latter without question whilst noisily condemning church goers. It makes no sense. Makes me think of planks wedged in eye sockets.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was quite a decent post, mandela.
    But, as usual, you spoilt it, with your usual nonsense at the end so I just deleted the whole thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RELIGIOUS DEBATE!
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's my username gone? View Post
    You seriously believe that, don't you? *sigh*
    Even if it were true, you think Christianity has the answers? It's one of the religions that has caused women to be seen as second class citizens, the remnants of which still exist today. It's one of the religions that forbids people marrying the man they love simply because they also have a Y chromosome. And if you want to follow the Christian moral code, you'd better take off that multi-fabric shirt you're wearing. Ever eaten a prawn? Repent now! And Christians are told to try to live a godly life, yes? Your God spends his entire life eternally torturing those who don't agree with him. Fuck that shit.

And my atheism does not depend on religion in any way. If religion didn't exist I'd be an atheist, but no one would call it that, it would just be 'reason'.
    Dammit I was proud of this post and no one's responding
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned you lot at Mrs L's church a few weeks back.
    We split into groups and we were discussing...stuff and talking about how to share our beliefs.
    I said I talk to people on t'internet and that you have to work out whether people are asking questions because they're actually interested in the answers or whether they're just looking for an argument/taking the proverbial.
    Most people on here are the latter which is why I don't engage any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    I mentioned you lot at Mrs L's church a few weeks back.
    We split into groups and we were discussing...stuff and talking about how to share our beliefs.
    I said I talk to people on t'internet and that you have to work out whether people are asking questions because they're actually interested in the answers or whether they're just looking for an argument/taking the proverbial.
    Most people on here are the latter which is why I don't engage any more.
    Who, me?
    I'm always interested in debate, I just got a bit passionate and frankly somewhat offended there because of the ridiculous statement that "society can't have morals without religion".
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting