Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Carl Jenksinon signed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    Thank you Oracle

Any other precognitions you'd like to share today?
    Funny i have, ur a prick......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Arsenal signing Carl Jenkinson has conducted his first interview since joining the club from Charlton Athletic and shed light on his long-standing love for the Gunners.

Speaking to ArsenalPlayer, the 19-year-old right-back, who looks likely to provide back-up at right-back for Bacary Sagna, revealed his happiness at signing for the club he and his family have always supported:

“It’s amazing really, words can’t describe how it feels if I’m totally honest with you. Being an Arsenal fan as well it’s an amazing thing for me and something I’m really excited about and over the moon about.

“My dad has been a season ticket holder for 40 years and going regularly since he was a kid. He brought me up as an Arsenal fan an I’ve been going since I was young, I’ve even been going to matches this season. The whole family are massive Arsenal fans. It’s all a bit surreal, but it’s a brilliant feeling to be here and very exciting for me.

“Being a fan is the massive pull, Arsenal is the club I’ve always wanted to play for. The club speaks for itself, it’s a huge club and I’m proud to now be a part of it.

“Arsene Wenger gives young players a chance and that was a main reason why I wanted to come to the club. Obviously it’s up to me to do well and prove myself, but I know that if I do that I’m going to be given a chance. Hopefully I can go on and stake my claim.

Asked to name his favourite Gunner of all time, Jenkinson disclosed his admiration for one of the club’s most loved players:

“I was always a big fan of Tony Adams; I’m reading his book at the moment. He was always someone I looked at as a great player and a great leader. He’s probably my favourite.

Reflecting on the prospect of following in the footsteps of his hero Adams, as well as other members of Arsenal’s famed back four including Martin Keown, Lee Dixon and Nigel Winterburn, the Finnish under-19 captain continued:

“Those players are legends aren’t they. It’s a big challenge for me and one I’m looking forward to. Obviously they are great players and they are players I can learn a lot from. I’m looking to follow in their footsteps.”

While Jenkinson has predominantly made a name for himself playing on the right side of defence, the player admits that he has the versatility to play across the backline.

“I’ve played a lot, during my youth team days, at centre-back, but slowly right-back has become my main position. I’ve always felt I had more to give. I like to get forward and help attacking-wise. I think I played six games for Charlton last season at left-back as well, so I’ve played all across the backline and before that even in midfield.

“I’m quite versatile, although sometimes that doesn’t work to your advantage as you want to be in your main position. It’s good for a manager I guess when one of his players can play in many positions.”
    http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2...e-for-arsenal/

Good stuff

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m quite versatile, although sometimes that doesn’t work to your advantage as you want to be in your main position.
    oh dear he's fucked
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    oh dear he's fucked
    That's our feking 3rd choice GK IMO
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah he'll be converted into a winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's half finnish, please have some hyypiä-like skills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hymppi View Post
    he's half finnish, please have some hyypiä-like skills
    Nah - he'll just have a Nokia phone up his arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by japan shaking all over View Post
    nah he'll be converted into a whiner
    efa
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."