User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United v The Arsenal, 14:00 BST, SS Main Event (10/08)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith Rowe's probably the most likely to go on loan. It seems Leipzig really want him back, seeing as injury disrupted his last spell there. He also has Mkhitaryan/Ozil/Ceballos ahead of him, even if two of them are unwanted husks.

I'd probably be most disappointed to see Saka go. He always produces something in the final third and looks the most complete and confident of the academy players despite being the youngest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of his injury I keep forgetting him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Smith Rowe's probably the most likely to go on loan. It seems Leipzig really want him back, seeing as injury disrupted his last spell there. He also has Mkhitaryan/Ozil/Ceballos ahead of him, even if two of them are unwanted husks.

I'd probably be most disappointed to see Saka go. He always produces something in the final third and looks the most complete and confident of the academy players despite being the youngest.
    Totallly agree, i'd love to see Emery give Saka a decent run of some kind to really test him out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I'm happy to see Mhki get a mini run wide whilst we are integrating late arrivals into the team and or/ determining go to formations but I'm probably in a minority.

I think Saka could have done with a loan but our wide options could easily be;

Aubu
    Pepe
    Martinelli
    Nelson

and I'd be fine with that.

Saka may still yet go out on loan though I suppose as may others.
    After years of being utterly predictable, I’m hoping the above will give opponents a little more to think about - different options, different types of threat, different shapes and systems to play with.

I think I’m leaning towards wanting to keep Saka around this year? Play the numbers game with him and Nelson and Martinelli and see who wants it the most. Get a bit of friendly competition going between them. That way we don’t need any one of them to hit consistent, senior-level form straightaway - we just need one of them to be fired up when there’s a vacancy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be happy to see ESR go out in loan this year - not sure what’s going to happen with Ceballos at the end of the season, so it makes sense to get him some first team experience at a high level so we have someone ready to step in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a feeling today might be a little frustrating - I think we’ll win, but I’m not sure how much we’ll get to see in the way of progression from last year’s side yet? Maybe a change of shape, but it might look slightly off balance depending on the players we start. Could be some interesting options on the bench though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All 5'8 of Tierney broke the standing jump record injured. Can we not just start him in this game?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky's programme starts at 1pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Souness, Mourinho and Neville in the studio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcodes: Dubravka, Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Hayden, Longstaff, Shelvey, Almiron, Joelinton.
    Subs: Darlow, Clark, Fernandez, Krafth, Willems, Saint-Maximin, Muto.

Arsenal: Leno, Matiland-Niles, Chambers, Sokratis, Monreal, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Willock, Nelson, Aubameyang.
    Subs: Martinez, David Luiz, Torreira, Ceballos, Pepe, Martinelli, Lacazette.

Great for Willock and Nelson.