User Tag List

Page 50 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Players Views

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    the "he's not a winger" argument has nothing to do with it. controlling, passing or making a decision is not based on where you play but who you are as a player. i was a big fan of the boy but have lost faith in him due to his inability to do the footballing basics on a consistent basis.
    It is mate and you can look at Vermaelen as a good example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Because walcott is shite no matter where you put him end off, just not good enough.
    i wouldn't call him shite and he may prosper more in a duo in the middle but that still doesn't excuse the continual silly mistakes he makes most weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldn't call him shite and he may prosper more in a duo in the middle but that still doesn't excuse the continual silly mistakes he makes most weeks.
    Fine shit then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It is mate and you can look at Vermaelen as a good example.
    vermaelen's poor decision making is evident either at lb or cb - his position doesn't change his make up as a player.

and i'm not sure comparing someone who plays sporadically in a different position with someone who has spent 4/5 years there with marginal improvement is a fair assessment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    What has missing a pass or failing to beat his man having to do with him being a winger ? he was booed because he was poor in the 1st half same as anyother player would be if they were frustating as him.

This him not being a winger talk is getting tedious now.
    Your posting is shit. Sort it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vermaelen's poor decision making is evident either at lb or cb - his position doesn't change his make up as a player.

and i'm not sure comparing someone who plays sporadically in a different position with someone who has spent 4/5 years there with marginal improvement is a fair assessment.
    Erosion of confidence. Play Verm there too long and he will suffer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Your posting is shit. Sort it out.
    Just remember who you're replying to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If failing to beat players and an inability to cross (both of which are true) were his only problems, then fair enough...the 'not a winger' stuff holds up. But as TT says, not having the balls to carry on towards goal and put a shot away - if you fancy yourself as a striker, you need to at least show some initiative.

I'm not in favour of changing the system for Walcott. Maybe he will play better in a 4-4-2 -ish type formation. He probably will. Maybe we need to change our system anyway. But until he shows better goalscoring instincts and some better basic control and decision-making, there were other players that would benefit from playing in a 4-4-1-1 formation more that I'd give a go first. Arshavin, Rosicky, Benayoun. Maybe even Chamakh.

It sounds harsh but he only netted the first goal due to a miscontrol. It made his mind up for him to go for the chip because he'd over-run it. His initial touch (before being dragged on) was minimal...as it so often is the case with Walcott, he couldn't carry the ball with him. You have no chance as a striker if you can't do simple stuff like that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His first touch for the 2nd goal looked good to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a pub teamer FFS, but that's not to say pub teamers can't be effective. This is it for Walnut, you've either got that natural poise and nous of a footballer or you haven't, he's been on display long enough now for us to know his limits.

Some games he'll spend in the pocket of his marker, other games he'll find space to punt and run towards goal. It's a lottery with him.