User Tag List

Page 50 of 458 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Suarez` agent is the one who should know the minutiae of his players contract. I dont think we heard a peep from him throughout. maybe Pool paid him a bung tyo keep quiet, maybe Suarez wasnt that arsed about coming to us, either way, we would have probably played him at DM anyways, or more realistically he would have forced a move to Barca after 1 season.
    Anyways lets get Morata in and there is still the issue of a new LB. Gibbs can do one.Poor, poor player
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Gordon Taylor said it wasn't a concrete release clause; just a good faith agreement that we would sit down and negotiate. That's the part we ignored, we basically just told you to do one.

Unless we drew up a fake contract and no one noticed.
    But yes, even if we did act illegally, it would have been down to the player to take action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez was never gonna kick up a fuss to join us and I remember Gerrard saying he asked him for one more season and then he could go to Barca or Real and that's what happened.

With Suarez up front we would have walked the league the season we missed up on him and this season for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez is where he wants to be. We would have been a stepping stone and nothing more.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    Even Gordon Taylor said it wasn't a concrete release clause; just a good faith agreement that we would sit down and negotiate. That's the part we ignored, we basically just told you to do one.

Unless we drew up a fake contract and no one noticed.
    But yes, even if we did act illegally, it would have been down to the player to take action.
    John W Henry later admitted that there was a clause, so I don't think it's really in question...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-suarez-clause

As I said, I don't blame Liverpool at all for refusing to honour it - I actually applaud the stance in a lot of ways. These players are happy enough to sign the things and take the money, but, as Henry rightly says, they then seem to think it's completely OK to only honouring them when they feel like it, so why shouldn't the clubs do the same? So f--k Suarez, and whether it was illegal or not!

The only thing I didn't like was the media assault against us that followed - the whole "What are they smoking at the Emirates" bit, that was picked up by the media and the fans, and turned into a massive piss-take, that is still going on today. I don't suppose your owner meant it as anything more than a throwaway quip, but it's become a stick that everyone, our own fans included, use to hit us with...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 21-05-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Surely Suarez` agent is the one who should know the minutiae of his players contract. I dont think we heard a peep from him throughout. maybe Pool paid him a bung tyo keep quiet, maybe Suarez wasnt that arsed about coming to us, either way, we would have probably played him at DM anyways, or more realistically he would have forced a move to Barca after 1 season.
    Anyways lets get Morata in and there is still the issue of a new LB. Gibbs can do one.Poor, poor player
    Probably, but you're making the assumption there that these agents are professional businessmen, and not an oily bunch of leeches who do very little, if anything for their money. They seem like a bunch of chancers to me, and I can well imagine that a lot of them would cave instantly (or at least be riddled with self-doubt), if a multi-billionaire, and obviously incredibly smart man like John W Henry stood up to them, even if it was a total bluff! I think a lot of them would just assume that this a guy who knows his shit, and that they must have missed something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A stepping stone for sure, nobody is under any illusions here. If the prettiest girl at school thinks you're an idiot but gets with you because you're cute, hey you might get something out of it even if it isn't going to be happily ever after.

Personally I'm glad the racist little shite face didn't end up here but we would have had a world class player for a few years and sold him for a kings ransom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    John W Henry later admitted that there was a clause, so I don't think it's really in question...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-suarez-clause

As I said, I don't blame Liverpool at all for refusing to honour it - I actually applaud the stance in a lot of ways. These players are happy enough to sign the things and take the money, but, as Henry rightly says, they then seem to think it's completely OK to only honouring them when they feel like it, so why shouldn't the clubs do the same? So f--k Suarez, and whether it was illegal or not!

The only thing I didn't like was the media assault against us that followed - the whole "What are they smoking at the Emirates" bit, that was picked up by the media and the fans, and turned into a massive piss-take, that is still going on today. I don't suppose your owner meant it as anything more than a throwaway quip, but it's become a stick that everyone, our own fans included, use to hit us with...
    I think bidding one pound over the 'clause' has stuck around far longer than Henry's comment. That was the most ridiculous aspect about the entire saga and summed up Wenger's approach to the market in many ways. Go in at 40.5, 41 even - it really wasn't a surprise that bidding a miserly100p over the limit became so ridiculed and wasn't taken seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Have you watched the games?

Are you saying we should sell him?
    I've watched 95 percent of his matches here. He doesn't have an on pitch relationship with anyone except Theo at CF.

Don't want him sold unless we can get someone if similar quality but more in tune with the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor has it that Jack will be going to City after we tie up the Xhaka deal.