Page 500 of 542 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5419

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Anyway after a short round of negotiations, it’s been agreed that I will be standing in for Gary L tomorrow night

The agreement is I don’t get paid, I front the cost of my own transport but in return I can liberally use the word cunt during the program, and I have the bonus option of referring to one of the pundits as a chinless nonce

I’ll be watching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame Lineker referred to that particular example because it's such a minefield but in general he's right they are using inflammatory language.

My hope - and guess - is he'll return once they reach some kind of understanding, but one thing is without doubt, the BBC is now a Tory mouthpiece and little more

The irony is that those on the right will continue to call it "left-wing" until Dominic Raab is presenting every news bulletin

This sad little country's getting nastier by the week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It's a shame Lineker referred to that particular example because it's such a minefield but in general he's right they are using inflammatory language.

My hope - and guess - is he'll return once they reach some kind of understanding, but one thing is without doubt, the BBC is now a Tory mouthpiece and little more

The irony is that those on the right will continue to call it "left-wing" until Dominic Raab is presenting every news bulletin

This sad little country's getting nastier by the week

If Lineker had said that irresponsible government rhetoric was inflaming passions and it was arguably partly responsible for instances like Knowsley or the Dover Migrant centre last year…he’d have made a point that was accurate. But because he’s not very intelligent, he goes full Hitler (you should never go full Hitler)

The Government is not interested in changing the BBC editorial output, it’s more interested in being able to show that the organisation is an example of an elitist institution that is out of touch with the British people. It’s the same shit they do when they harp on about lefty lawyers confounding them over Rwanda (never mind that the agreement with Rwanda allows for sending over 1,000 people in a five year period which isn’t really doing anything to address the migrant situation)

It’s the rhetoric that populist right wing governments use by creating a division between the out of touch liberal lefties and the ordinary salt of the earth people. It’s so transparent it’s actually amusing…(it’s why they made that gobshite Lee Anderson deputy chairman). It’s an admission that they can’t win an election on their record of governing so they’ve got to indulge in full on culture war.

The problem is, it’s often successful because the liberal lefty lot are often so stupid, self important and righteously indignant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern have sacked Nagelsmann apparently.

Tuchel to take over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has happened.

Hope Citeh hammer them tbf for their hubris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spuds going for Nagelsmann seems a reasonable shout.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rodgers sacked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Rodgers sacked
    only just seen this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potter has been sacked.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.