Page 505 of 956 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Simple fact is, not ALL of this is down to Wenger. The board are just as culpable, and I have a feeling our new owner is even more so.

You can blame Wenger for buying trash like Squillacci and Chamakh, but don't forget he also bought Vermaelen and Nasri and Cesc etc etc. He makes some errors, and the fact that he didn't sure up CB when TV5 was out, and Squid was stinking the place out is unforgivable....as was the Almunia situation.

His tactics have left a lot to be desired. Putting faith in youth in big games, and naively / stubbornly / unprofessionally sticking to his guns when it's clear to all what needs to be done in certain situations.

It was his fault for the loss of mental strength within the side, and his fault for not demanding / seeking much needed back up at the crunch time last season.

All that said. There are CLEARLY financial issues here. I firmly believe that SOME of what Wenger is doing, is to serve the club long term, and sacrificing some of his integrity for the sake of the clubs future.

I garuntee that the next manager will be a good one, and that they'll have funds, and that they will have NONE of the pressure AW has had throughout the current period of debt and financial prudence. And I think the debt will be gone when the new manager takes over.

Some corners of the fanbase will point and say "see, Wenger lost the plot and was shit". But anyone with common sense, or respect for a CLEARLY decent manager, will know that he has sacrificed his best years (to a degree, I add) for the sake of the club. I'm still convinced he's a winner, and someone who is passionate about his team. He has done things wrong, but he's also done a lot right.

There is a middle ground.

But it is quite inexcusable the way we collapsed last year, as the majority of that was down to our boss.
    and another thing"! the longer we leave it into the window to buy the less able to get in replacements the other teams are, which will make them less likely to accept any offers/push the price up.

This summer so far? Bag O'shite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger - We can cope without signing
    “I would not see it as a missed opportunity,” said Wenger.

“I focus on my squad and I feel we have 22, 23 outfield players who can cope with what we need.

“Vermaelen looks to be making good progress, Squillaci is back available, so that was the only position we were short, at centre-backs.

“If I don't make any signings it is because I have not identified a special player who could strengthen our squad at the moment.”
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ithout-signing
    Last edited by Ironing; 18-08-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF, summer started of saying we would be very active in the market and now it comes to this??? WTF WTF WTF!!! am gna sit under my desk at work and start rocking back and forth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time fans broke out the "I've shown you my money let's see you spend it!" banners *

* yes need to think of something more punchy anyone here write headlines for The Sun?
    Last edited by Injury Time; 18-08-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Nice try.
    Ooooh. The little tinker.

To think I got sucked in.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He even dares to mention Squilacci's name

I hope he doesn't sign anyone and we crash and burn. It's the only way we're going to get shot of him.

Hopefully by January if it all goes the way I think it's gonna go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Nice try.
    Damn!

Still applies though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You too huh??

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't have you down as a WUM, article from January
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."