Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StamfordBrdige View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Simple fact is, not ALL of this is down to Wenger. The board are just as culpable, and I have a feeling our new owner is even more so.

You can blame Wenger for buying trash like Squillacci and Chamakh, but don't forget he also bought Vermaelen and Nasri and Cesc etc etc. He makes some errors, and the fact that he didn't sure up CB when TV5 was out, and Squid was stinking the place out is unforgivable....as was the Almunia situation.

His tactics have left a lot to be desired. Putting faith in youth in big games, and naively / stubbornly / unprofessionally sticking to his guns when it's clear to all what needs to be done in certain situations.

It was his fault for the loss of mental strength within the side, and his fault for not demanding / seeking much needed back up at the crunch time last season.

All that said. There are CLEARLY financial issues here. I firmly believe that SOME of what Wenger is doing, is to serve the club long term, and sacrificing some of his integrity for the sake of the clubs future.

I garuntee that the next manager will be a good one, and that they'll have funds, and that they will have NONE of the pressure AW has had throughout the current period of debt and financial prudence. And I think the debt will be gone when the new manager takes over.

Some corners of the fanbase will point and say "see, Wenger lost the plot and was shit". But anyone with common sense, or respect for a CLEARLY decent manager, will know that he has sacrificed his best years (to a degree, I add) for the sake of the club. I'm still convinced he's a winner, and someone who is passionate about his team. He has done things wrong, but he's also done a lot right.

There is a middle ground.

But it is quite inexcusable the way we collapsed last year, as the majority of that was down to our boss.
    Fuck me and all. So now he's a fucking martyr. ***** please.The dude has a good track record of doing some weird and dumb stuff. Like not playing arshavin in the cup to prove that the other players could win without him (funny enough they lost). I know of no other case where a manager has done something so silly in a major stage of a cup competition.

This is what i mean. The dude makes daft decisions and people start scrambling for excuses instead of seeing what the fuck is right in front of them. Everything the dude has been saying and doing + your financials shows clearly that AW is the one responsible for where your team finds itself.

The same fucking thing happened when you sold Toure & ade to city. 1st it was all "he has to spend now cos the money is there" and when he didn't people started making dumbass excuses for him about money not being there. Financials came out a few weeks later and guess, money wasn't the issue. Your next set of financials are due soon enough and as sure as fuck people will look at them and still say there is no money.
    I think that’s a retarded conclusion to draw based on what was posted by LDG. What the fuck does his post have anything to do with martyrdom of Wenger? The way I see it, his post was full of criticisms of the man; only difference is the board has to share a large part of the blame too, which makes perfect sense as they’re the ones who are in control of the situation.

What I absolutely don’t get is how people can only see one side of the argument while ignoring the other. I mean what is the fucking point going on in circles about Wenger this or that when board members are the ones who try to cling on to him or tie him down with lucrative contracts offers? Why should anyone try to defend them when they are always jumping to his defence or refer to the Wenger out camp as morons? Why the hell should anyone try to defend a bunch of twats whose primary concern is only that of self sustainability, where the contributing party to the financial equation are the wallets of fans and not themselves (by rejecting free unleveraged fund proposals with bullshit excuses)? Why should anyone defend twats who kept on harping about the pride of English ownership only for them to work quietly in the background with their private agenda or aim of selling out for high returns when it suits them (eg. tax free) by sanctioning the parsimonious acts of a frenchie all these years?

Nah, to say that a deranged employee has 100% freedom to do as he pleases while his decisions are in no way affected by the input or concerns of board members is absolute nonsense. Just take the issue of wages alone for example. No way Wenger has the control or the final word, and to pin everything that’s wrong in the club to him alone is grossly unfair and bears little resemblance to reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    I referred to specific players numskull, not POSITIONS

And every player is 'available'
    If you said that to me in person I'd get someone to kick your sorry arse!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple fact is, not ALL of this is down to Wenger. The board are just as culpable, and I have a feeling our new owner is even more so.

You can blame Wenger for buying trash like Squillacci and Chamakh, but don't forget he also bought Vermaelen and Nasri and Cesc etc etc. He makes some errors, and the fact that he didn't sure up CB when TV5 was out, and Squid was stinking the place out is unforgivable....as was the Almunia situation.

His tactics have left a lot to be desired. Putting faith in youth in big games, and naively / stubbornly / unprofessionally sticking to his guns when it's clear to all what needs to be done in certain situations.

It was his fault for the loss of mental strength within the side, and his fault for not demanding / seeking much needed back up at the crunch time last season.

All that said. There are CLEARLY financial issues here. I firmly believe that SOME of what Wenger is doing, is to serve the club long term, and sacrificing some of his integrity for the sake of the clubs future.

I garuntee that the next manager will be a good one, and that they'll have funds, and that they will have NONE of the pressure AW has had throughout the current period of debt and financial prudence. And I think the debt will be gone when the new manager takes over.

Some corners of the fanbase will point and say "see, Wenger lost the plot and was shit". But anyone with common sense, or respect for a CLEARLY decent manager, will know that he has sacrificed his best years (to a degree, I add) for the sake of the club. I'm still convinced he's a winner, and someone who is passionate about his team. He has done things wrong, but he's also done a lot right.

There is a middle ground.

But it is quite inexcusable the way we collapsed last year, as the majority of that was down to our boss.
    Doesn't help when fans try to find meanings in statements meant for opposition clubs either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ghel View Post
    I think that’s a retarded conclusion to draw based on what was posted by LDG. What the fuck does his post have anything to do with martyrdom of Wenger? The way I see it, his post was full of criticisms of the man; only difference is the board has to share a large part of the blame too, which makes perfect sense as they’re the ones who are in control of the situation.

What I absolutely don’t get is how people can only see one side of the argument while ignoring the other. I mean what is the fucking point going on in circles about Wenger this or that when board members are the ones who try to cling on to him or tie him down with lucrative contracts offers? Why should anyone try to defend them when they are always jumping to his defence or refer to the Wenger out camp as morons? Why the hell should anyone try to defend a bunch of twats whose primary concern is only that of self sustainability, where the contributing party to the financial equation are the wallets of fans and not themselves (by rejecting free unleveraged fund proposals with bullshit excuses)? Why should anyone defend twats who kept on harping about the pride of English ownership only for them to work quietly in the background with their private agenda or aim of selling out for high returns when it suits them (eg. tax free) by sanctioning the parsimonious acts of a frenchie all these years?

Nah, to say that a deranged employee has 100% freedom to do as he pleases while his decisions are in no way affected by the input or concerns of board members is absolute nonsense. Just take the issue of wages alone for example. No way Wenger has the control or the final word, and to pin everything that’s wrong in the club to him alone is grossly unfair and bears little resemblance to reality.
    Does anyone know the details of Kroenke's buyout? How much did each scumbag get and how was/ will it be paid for? What are their salaries and perks and how much cash have they invested in the club over the years. I bet you hard facts and figures would make sorry reading and maybe large banners bearing this information should be standard kit for the fans?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems pretty obvious to me, and to all and sundry that the clubs focus from board level is to secure ECL, spend little (they'll say wisely, but that's clearly not true), pay off the debt in big lumps, and leave Wenger to do what he does.

Now. Wenger is on board with this. But he doesn't bloody have the final say in what we spend. He gets a budget, and whether he chooses to spend that on signings, or wage hikes or anything on the pitch is his decision. He has bollocksed it up in a lot of ways....but then again, he was the one who bought Nasri, boughts Cesc, bought Vieira etc etc etc....they're pretty decent players IIRC.

So. What are we left with?? A board who has final say over what is spent. A set agenda (regardless of what we have in the bank), with a future debt-free period when a new manager will come in and have lots of fluffy lovely wonga to spend.

I'm saying that Wenger has sacrificed quite a bit. I mean, he's sucking all this shit up is he not, regardless of the good things he's done?? He'll know he deserves it for some of the tinkering, I have no doubt. So is it because he's selfish and arrogant and lost the plot??? Or is it because we're a well run business, where he plays his part, and will forsake some credibility to meet those demands??

Like I said. There's a middle ground. And some people don't seem to see that.
    We know AW doesnt sign the checks but that doesnt excuse the fact that he signed a kid from league 1 for 15 million quid! He had 15 million quid and he couldve got Jagielka with that... why OAC?! If this was the first season AW did this, I'd understand.. the rot (in terms of spending money) started from the time we moved to Emirates.
    As for the rot in the football we play, it started with AW's obsession with winning the Champions League.. We used to play 4-4-2 and were very good at it too but against European teams, that tactic seemed to fail so he switched to a 4-5-1 in 06.. the same yr we reached the final of the CL and the rot in our playing style slowly crept in.
    Why cant our team play different formations for different games... Games against Brom, Brum, Yeovil, Wolves, Bolton etc dont require you to play one up front.

His tactics have ruined the Arsenal careers of Eduardo, Bendtner, Chakma and any other striker he wants to bring in! If you are not going to play your best players in their best positions, whats the point? Who remembers that game against Stoke where we played with 4 CM- Diaby, Denilson, Song and Cesc (not sure about him?)? It doesnt take Einstein to not play that midfield but we did...

AW is clearly responsible for 80-90% of the damage being done to the club.. I'll give the board the remaining 10-20%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porto have announced that they are considering bids from Atletico Madrid for two of their star players.

The Spaniards have made an offer for Colombia striker Radamel Falcao and Portugal midfielder Ruben Micael.

25-year-old Falcao scored 38 goals for Porto last season, including 17 in their Europa League triumph.

24-year-old Micael joined the Portuguese champions in January 2010 but has since earned a call-up to the Portgual squad and scored twice on his debut in March.

Atletico are looking to replace Sergio Aguero who completed the move to Manchester City this summer in a deal believed to be worth 45million euros.

In a statement, Porto said: "We announce that we have received an offer from Atletico Madrid to sign Radamel Falcao and Ruben Micael, and this is being considered by the club".

Meanwhile, Porto have completed the signings of defender Eliaquim Mangala and midfielder Steven Defour for a combined fee of £11.4m from Standard Liege.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12874_7109559,00.html

Can see this happening he'd e a good replacment **** Aguero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    We know AW doesnt sign the checks but that doesnt excuse the fact that he signed a kid from league 1 for 15 million quid! He had 15 million quid and he couldve got Jagielka with that... why OAC?! If this was the first season AW did this, I'd understand.. the rot (in terms of spending money) started from the time we moved to Emirates.
    As for the rot in the football we play, it started with AW's obsession with winning the Champions League.. We used to play 4-4-2 and were very good at it too but against European teams, that tactic seemed to fail so he switched to a 4-5-1 in 06.. the same yr we reached the final of the CL and the rot in our playing style slowly crept in.
    Why cant our team play different formations for different games... Games against Brom, Brum, Yeovil, Wolves, Bolton etc dont require you to play one up front.

His tactics have ruined the Arsenal careers of Eduardo, Bendtner, Chakma and any other striker he wants to bring in! If you are not going to play your best players in their best positions, whats the point? Who remembers that game against Stoke where we played with 4 CM- Diaby, Denilson, Song and Cesc (not sure about him?)? It doesnt take Einstein to not play that midfield but we did...

AW is clearly responsible for 80-90% of the damage being done to the club.. I'll give the board the remaining 10-20%
    couldnt agree more abiut different firmations against different teams. . . .it is often when we hit the panic button in the last 10 throw on the eztra striker we look more likely to score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think the Nasri deal is taking so long because we're trying to get one of their players as part of the deal??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Ghel View Post
    I think that’s a retarded conclusion to draw based on what was posted by LDG. What the fuck does his post have anything to do with martyrdom of Wenger? The way I see it, his post was full of criticisms of the man; only difference is the board has to share a large part of the blame too, which makes perfect sense as they’re the ones who are in control of the situation. What I absolutely don’t get is how people can only see one side of the argument while ignoring the other.0I mean what is |he fucking point going on in circles about Wenger this or that when board members are the ones who try vo cling on to him or tie him down with lucrative contracts offers? Why should anyone try to defend them when they are always jumping to his defence or refer to the Wenger out aamp as morons? Why the hell should anyone try to defend a bunch of twats whose primary concern is only that of self sustainabilmty, where the cgntributing party to the(financial equation are the wallets of fans and not themselves (by rejecting free unleveraged fund proposals with bullshit excuses)? Why should !nyone defend twats who kept on harping about the pride gf English ownership only for them to work quietly in the background with their private agenda or aim of selling out for high returns when it suits them (eg. tax free) by sanctioning the parsimonious acts of a frenchie all these years?Nah, to say that a deranged employee has 100% freedom to do as he pleases while his decisions are in no way affected by the input or concerns of board members is absolute nonsense. Just take the issue of wages alone for example. No way Wenger has the control or the final word, and to xin everything that’s wrong in the club to him alone is grossly unfair and bears little resemblance to reality.
    You'll have to learn to ignore SB. That's what he always does. It's almost as if he has a strange form of dyslexia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Do you think the Nasri deal is taking so long because we're trying to get one of their players as part of the deal??
    No, Nasri wants £75,000 per mile for driving up to Manchester but they are only prepared to offer loan of a private jet.
    Für eure Sicherheit