User Tag List

Page 52 of 247 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd be good back-up to Gunnersaurus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    It was reportedly £20m before he signed a new contract, now it's £32m.
    Really? If thats the case, there is no reason for Wenger not to activate the buy-out clause, all we really need to be able to compete at the absolut top is a world class striker and to be able to get one for 32m in todays market is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    Really? If thats the case, there is no reason for Wenger not to activate the buy-out clause, all we really need to be able to compete at the absolut top is a world class striker and to be able to get one for 32m in todays market is crazy.
    Is he world class? I've only known about him for a season, that doesn't mean much but are we sure the Spanish league doesn't just make him look better than he is?

Atletico have had some amazing strikers in recent years haven't they: Vieri, Torres, Hasselbaink, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao and this new Costa fella

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Don't we have a striker called Campbell, or is he gone? Or did he ever get here? There's also a bloke called Sanogo we apparently signed and I think he even played for us once. Anyone know if these players figure in the plan at all, or were they just here on paid holiday?
    Sanogo's right leg is here to make up the quota for Wenger's annual 'donkey' wage bill. The donkey wage bill consists of players that never feature but are fully paid by the club. Diaby has been the longest servant and will be presented with an award at the end of the season. Sanogo's left leg is fit and healthy, so fits into the normal wage bill. Unfortunately we haven't been able to trace the left leg either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Is he world class? I've only known about him for a season, that doesn't mean much but are we sure the Spanish league doesn't just make him look better than he is?

Atletico have had some amazing strikers in recent years haven't they: Vieri, Torres, Hasselbaink, Forlan, Aguero, Falcao and this new Costa fella
    They used him on the wing, when Falcao was there, thats why he didnt score as many goals. Atletico's amazing development of strikers and brazil n spain fighting for them to play for their team should be enough to trust, that he is probably a tiny bit better than Giroud :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    I agree - if he's found innocent I don't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think we're too obsessed with a striker that can also create chances. We just need one that has pace and has a strikers instinct.
    Indeed. Youd think thats what people like Ozil and Wilshere were for.
    Last edited by BOBN; 18-12-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if Costa is world class and I have barely seen the bloke play but he is very close behind the conartist in the scoring chance which is an incredible feat in itself.

Very hard to believe he is Soldado Mk II. And I just get the feeling from the trouble Spain of all teams are going through to get him to play for them. This is a nation who were perfectly happy to barely play a single forward through an entire international competition! Now they are making a Brazilian forward a Spaniard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen that Conartist is on 17 league goals.

Diego Costa is on 17 league goals. If he's a dud, then I want two to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post

Indeed. Youd think thats what people like Ozil and Wilshere were for.
    It really makes no sense to buy a fancier Emile Heskey style target man and then have him surrounded by number 10 style playmakers that aren’t great finishers either. We either buy two pacey goal scoring wide wingers to play alongside Giroud or just a better striker that’s able to make space for himself and finish chances. When Pod gets back, maybe we’ll see a change. Theo and Pod are like our number 9 style classic strikers but they can remain anonymous for long periods on the flanks. That can be a problem when we need to stretch teams and need dribblers out wide to create space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone seen Diego Costa play ? Haven't seen too much from him, but the clause is £32m, not that out of place in the current market really.