User Tag List

Page 553 of 707 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to suspect hte reason why airlines might be reluctant to accept Covid tests from the NHS is that the NHS tests are only meant to be used for those who need one because they either have symptoms or surge testing, not by those who want one to go on holiday.

If airlines started accepting the NHS ones then everyone would use them meaning the taxpayers pay for it rather than the traveler. I guess thats why the governemnt dont want them to accept it.

I’m not sure where I stand on it tbh. I sort of get hte logic of the government if dont want people going on holiday effectively getting tax payers to pay for their test when going on holiday because right now, its a bit of a luxury. But then again, the government are making a test a requirement of entry to this country so i see the argument they should pay for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Whatever reason would be BS. Since when did an airline start certifying hospitals. Imagine if a rail company in UK decided it didnt want Scottish Covid certificates. Sadly we have an indolent government and Health minister who should have told them to F-off.
    Well sure it would be BS, i just wanted to know what kind of BS exactly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ollie, please. Find some red line, even way way in the distance, and resolve to defend it when the time comes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I’m going to suspect hte reason why airlines might be reluctant to accept Covid tests from the NHS is that the NHS tests are only meant to be used for those who need one because they either have symptoms or surge testing, not by those who want one to go on holiday.

If airlines started accepting the NHS ones then everyone would use them meaning the taxpayers pay for it rather than the traveler. I guess thats why the governemnt dont want them to accept it.

I’m not sure where I stand on it tbh. I sort of get hte logic of the government if dont want people going on holiday effectively getting tax payers to pay for their test when going on holiday because right now, its a bit of a luxury. But then again, the government are making a test a requirement of entry to this country so i see the argument they should pay for it
    ok, if that's what it is then i'm with the traveller paying for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    ok, if that's what it is then i'm with the traveller paying for it
    I dont know for sure. I’m guessing but given the governemnt dont want nhs tests to be used to travel, it sort of makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ollie, please. Find some red line, even way way in the distance, and resolve to defend it when the time comes.
    All I’ve done is pointed out why I think the airlines aren’t accepting the NHS tests and that i can see logic to both sides of the argument.

Why do i need that as a red line? Travel is a luxury, not a right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I’ve done is pointed out why I think the airlines aren’t accepting the NHS tests and that i can see logic to both sides of the argument.

seriously it's obvious you weren't insulting enough and didn't back up your case with a lunatic on YouTube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've also accepted the cause and jumped to speculating on the symptoms. There's nothing wrong with your speculation, we still cling to a right to speak our minds (although the irony is your attitude is speeding the day when that is no longer true). I seems most people behave the same way now. If the state came out tomorrow and decreed some terrible abuse you'd likely be against it (although I'm not 100% sure following your previous speculation it might be okey to coerce people into taking state administered medication). The trouble starts when the terrible decree is broken into smaller steps that are more palatable for far too many people. You end up with the horrible abuse either way.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    seriously it's obvious you weren't insulting enough and didn't back up your case with a lunatic on YouTube
    What do YouTube videos have to do with this? Can't you ever post anything related to the topic?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You've also accepted the cause and jumped to speculating on the symptoms. There's nothing wrong with your speculation, we still cling to a right to speak our minds (although the irony is your attitude is speeding the day when that is no longer true). I seems most people behave the same way now. If the state came out tomorrow and decreed some terrible abuse you'd likely be against it (although I'm not 100% sure following your previous speculation it might be okey to coerce people into taking state administered medication). The trouble starts when the terrible decree is broken into smaller steps that are more palatable for far too many people. You end up with the horrible abuse either way.
    You're making a "slippery slope" argument here. But do you think that there has been a clear and one way erosion of people's rights over an extended period of time? I don't feel that's happened in my lifetime.
    There are certainly technologies that exist now that didn't exist when I was a child which make control of people more possible. I happen to believe that we are unlikely to have a government which will use that in the Orwellian way which some people believe will happen. "They" have a lot more data about me than ever before - I have a friend in Poland who has recently gone to live in Riga for a bit. I recently had some targeted adverts for flights to Riga - that can't be a coincidence. Clearly some stuff I have written to her has been picked up and used by some algorithm. So all this data is being used for things like that. But has it affected my day to day life? Not in a way I can discern. Could it? Sure. Will it? I find it unlikely.

Of course, the last 18 months has been an outlier, but even then there hasn't been a straight line of rights being removed. The restrictions have changed as the data has. Are people using the situation to make money? Well of course. Never let a good crisis go to waste, right? But I don't think this is a one way slippery slope into an authoritarian regime.