Page 570 of 707 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Fatality rates will be higher than flu because it’s a new virus.

Once our inbuilt immune systems suffocate it, it will be no more deadly than flu I’m sure.
    Mmm...I'm not sure. I'm no expert here but I'm not sure that's how this works. Some viruses are just more deadly than others.
    But there may be something in that, I'm not sure.

Mutations will lead to problems, but my argument is that the unfortunate death toll at the hands of the virus is preferable (if it can be said in such blasé terms) to the complete change to society and the powers that have been assumed in the name of the virus.
    There's a debate to be had about whether the restrictions imposed were worth it. The toll on people's mental health, the physical health consequences of people missing treatments or diagnoses, the economic crash and the long term consequences that will cause. I remain convinced that something needed to be done, but they responded to thinks too late which limited the effectiveness of the measures.
    Do you think the change to society is long term? Things are already starting to feel more normal. What do you think has been given up long term?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It is a bit of a leap, but not something I said. So you have leapt alone. Hello over there.

And OK, you didn't say that, but the sarcastic "what a coincidence" implies you think something was going on.
    Which there was, I guess. The something being that in any crisis like this there's money to be made.
    And sure, Hancock was dishing out contracts to his mates and relatives. Had it not been this crisis he'd have been dishing other contracts out though.
    I'm not clear what you're implying here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Mmm...I'm not sure. I'm no expert here but I'm not sure that's how this works. Some viruses are just more deadly than others.
    But there may be something in that, I'm not sure.

There's a debate to be had about whether the restrictions imposed were worth it. The toll on people's mental health, the physical health consequences of people missing treatments or diagnoses, the economic crash and the long term consequences that will cause. I remain convinced that something needed to be done, but they responded to thinks too late which limited the effectiveness of the measures.
    Do you think the change to society is long term? Things are already starting to feel more normal. What do you think has been given up long term?

What has been given up long term?? Fucking hell man.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the answer is nothing.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly it's true, all that hopeful stuff about people appreciating the better things in life was dispelled with those shots of huge queues when they reopened KFC

People will all jump.back on planes, into cars and continue to create asuch carbon as they can

Our demise has not been averted, just put off a very small amount

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sadly it's true, all that hopeful stuff about people appreciating the better things in life was dispelled with those shots of huge queues when they reopened KFC

People will all jump.back on planes, into cars and continue to create asuch carbon as they can

Our demise has not been averted, just put off a very small amount
    Do you really "think" like this? You might as well be bent over stretching your arse open while you determinedly gaze in the opposite direction to literally every fucking thing of consequence. It's a little bit frightening because there are millions like you. Billions probably. You'll have to be waded through in a bloody blitz before humanity can even get to the root cause.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will personally choose not to wear one then

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57710527

tbh at church we are increasingly paying lip service to all this. We wear them during the services (mostly), but we now have coffee afterwards and no-one does then. The youth group on Fridays we've stopped bothering. I feel obliged to in shops and trains but won't bother when it becomes optional. Hate the things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might still wear one in shops and on transport for a while but no doubt anyone taking a personal decision to wear a mask in general will be abused and bullied in the street etc by 'libertarians' who see someone's else's personal decision as some kind of affront to their own 'beliefs' - kinda reminds of someone on here...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)