Thread: Arsenal 2-2 Fulham Player ratings and Match reaction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It's annoying to look at the league table right now
    By annoying do you mean “meaningless”?
    You may remember back in the day they never even used to publish league tables till a reasonable number of games had been played as this early it doesn’t really mean much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try reading the comments not just the main post, there's a lot of scepticism there

As for the Kroenkes, i think you're a bit behind the curve there, they are more hands on than they used to be and if Arteta's not delivering and there is a lot of disquiet they will notice it

Havertz has the potential to quickly become the next Willian, only this one's more firmly in his court, he wanted him, he overpaid for him, meaning he has to play him, he's built a real rod for his back because the fans are already getting on Havertz' case

I did read the comments and yes there was some skepticism, but there were also a ridiculous load of stuff like “nothing will ever cause me to lose faith in this man”. I get the impression you don’t want to accept it, but your average Arsenal fan is a total retard…as Terence Fletcher put it “you give them a calculator and they’d try and change the tv channel with it”

Literally the only thing I said about the Kroenkes is that it is they and not the imbecile fanbase that will decide Arteta’s fate and it will be based on what money they think they stands to be wasted rather than the atmosphere at the ground. Though I’m not sure I’d necessarily agree about them being hands on, yes Josh Kroenke is there oh his fathers behalf most of the time but the guy has the intellectual capacity of Donald Trump Jnr….who even his own father acknowledges is a cretin. It’s Stan who takes the decisions and at most he will come out here once or twice a year. So things will have to be getting pretty ugly for him to act
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 28-08-2023 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    By annoying do you mean “meaningless”?
    You may remember back in the day they never even used to publish league tables till a reasonable number of games had been played as this early it doesn’t really mean much.
    I do remember but I think the tables tell us more than they used to, while I don't think we were ever going to challenge Citeh, to even get close you need to get all the points you'd be expected to and be right up at the top of the table - giving away a lead while the opposition are down to ten men isn't the type of form needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elsewhere I still think we're too soft as a club and some of the attempts to build a winning mentality are embarrassing

If I took over at Arsenal I'd get rid of the anthem, get rid of the Ashburton tossers, pick a side that made sense (starting with players who are actually in-form) and tell them to go out and win the fucking game or they don't play next week

That would sort it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elsewhere I still think we're too soft as a club and some of the attempts to build a winning mentality are embarrassing

If I took over at Arsenal I'd get rid of the anthem, get rid of the Ashburton tossers, pick a side that made sense (starting with players who are actually in-form) and tell them to go out and win the fucking game or they don't play next week

That would sort it

Problem is it’s hard to create an intimidating atmosphere a) because so many fans have been priced out of games and b) it’s all about creating a family environment which isn’t conducive to scaring the shit out of travelling fans and away teams.

You keep bleating on about ultras as if they are the SA, but ultimately if you can’t even refer to an opposition player as a “rent boy” without risking criminal penalty, this idea of the club needing to toughen up becomes futile.

I don’t want actual thugs throwing lighters and bottles on the pitch…but you do want fans trying to get under opposition players skin. But football has become too sanitised for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do remember but I think the tables tell us more than they used to, while I don't think we were ever going to challenge Citeh, to even get close you need to get all the points you'd be expected to and be right up at the top of the table - giving away a lead while the opposition are down to ten men isn't the type of form needed
    I don’t really think think the table tells you much right now, but one thing which is true - you can’t win the league in August/September but you can lose it these days. You just can’t afford to lose 3 of the first 10 games these days. We’re in an era where champions barely lose that many all season. The run we’ve got coming up worries me. If we don’t get it together and get decent results we could be out of it before we’ve got going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t really think think the table tells you much right now, but...
    Actually watching the games does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t really think think the table tells you much right now, but one thing which is true - you can’t win the league in August/September but you can lose it these days. You just can’t afford to lose 3 of the first 10 games these days. We’re in an era where champions barely lose that many all season. The run we’ve got coming up worries me. If we don’t get it together and get decent results we could be out of it before we’ve got going.

The number of defeats a team which finishes as champion suffers is give or take largely about the same as it always was, it’s the amount of drawn games that have decreased. Liverpool missed out on the title twice in five years because of too many draws for example, city on both occasions lost more games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is why i found it so disappointing - we had to win those first three games ot then be in the right place to take on Utd etc - but now Utd will come to the Emirates knowing we can't even hold onto a lead when we hve a man advantage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Problem is it’s hard to create an intimidating atmosphere a) because so many fans have been priced out of games and b) it’s all about creating a family environment which isn’t conducive to scaring the shit out of travelling fans and away teams.

You keep bleating on about ultras as if they are the SA, but ultimately if you can’t even refer to an opposition player as a “rent boy” without risking criminal penalty, this idea of the club needing to toughen up becomes futile.

I don’t want actual thugs throwing lighters and bottles on the pitch…but you do want fans trying to get under opposition players skin. But football has become too sanitised for that.
    you miss my point about the Ashburton lot - i don't a bunch of losers to tell me what to sing or when - i can decide that myself thanks - all this BS with anthems and 'ultras' and loud music just takes it away from the actual fans to create an atmosphere - i get your point about the changing fan base but how is a bunch of losers plus a cheesy anthem supposed to present an image of a club that means business?

all this stuff with pre-match huddles etc is BS too - personally i think the players should walk on in silence, don't say a word to each other, take up their positions and stare at the opposition - that's how to get the opposition unnerved
    Last edited by Mac76; 28-08-2023 at 03:52 PM.