User Tag List

Page 6 of 258 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    It's not a huge surprise, most of the studios are now multi-platform so they'll have their own press conferences.
    It would be good for Microsoft to have more internal studios. They only seem to have Forza, Halo, Gears Of War and Fable every year now. And Rare reduced to making Wii Sports clones . They're doing well by having best-selling versions of multi-platform blockbusters at the moment. But if they lose that advantage in the next generation, they'll need some exclusives to fall back on. Sony and Nintendo have a huge portfolio of exclusive games from first-party studios, but Microsoft doesn't. It could hurt them in the future.

Also, the new Tomb Raider looks good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played my first matches on pro 11 online recently.

Better than the previous games.

Still too slow for my liking though

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    It would be good for Microsoft to have more internal studios. They only seem to have Forza, Halo, Gears Of War and Fable every year now. And Rare reduced to making Wii Sports clones . They're doing well by having best-selling versions of multi-platform blockbusters at the moment. But if they lose that advantage in the next generation, they'll need some exclusives to fall back on. Sony and Nintendo have a huge portfolio of exclusive games from first-party studios, but Microsoft doesn't. It could hurt them in the future.

Also, the new Tomb Raider looks good.
    They did used to for the retail games but whether it is from idiocy of how they have treated them, or studios just needing to be multi-platform to exist that has been it or pressure from the other consoles to release their games on their platforms (like Mass Effect for example). XBLA is still pretty awesome for the games that they get on there though. Having said that, you can't expect XBLA games to sell anywhere near as much as retail games regardless of how good they are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Nintendo have soundly beaten Microsoft and Sony on both the home console and handeld front in terms of both software and hardware with the Wii and DS. The other two have barely profited this generation and released Kinect and Move to try and catch up.

If you're referring to the types of games you like, that is subjective of course.

And MO, they announced they would be revealing the new console a E3 a few months ago. It will be shown tomorrow (unless something leaks before then!).
    Well... the Wii is more of a family (or party) console... rather than one for the "hardcore gamers". As an owner of all three main consoles, I'm of the opinion that the 360 is the best... I think the xbox does what the other consoles can't do (minus blu-ray!)...

I'll wait to see what Nintendo announce... but I can't think what they can do different to beat the other two properly! (Having said that... I'll probably still buy one :D)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA talking about FIFA12. They are showing their new 'player impact' feature. They demonstrate it with Tim Cahill GHELing Rooney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilshere saying knowing whether a player is right footed or left footed has helped him in real life. He just fouls them regardless of foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Spud is in charge of FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Spud is in charge of FIFA.

PES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for EA not having celebrities to sell games like was said at the beginning, they've just reeled out some NFL players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for EA not having celebrities to sell games like was said at the beginning, they've just reeled out some NFL players.
    Some dudes I've never heard of