no he isnt.

hes a top defender.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Philosophe View Post
    His lack of positional discipline for a 27 year old scares me, I've seen 16 year olds here in the US with better tactical awareness. He's too much of the eager beaver always trying to nick in and win the ball so he can dribble forward. Patience is a crucial part of defending....there are two words he needs to learn and study. CONTAIN and JOCKEY. This goes for a few others at AFC who are notorious "stabbers" at the ball when defending....hey Arteta I'm talking to you pretty boy! It's so easy to attack against and makes League 2 sides look like EPL teams when a simple feint can unlock our supposed best central defender or our holding mid.

Surely Wenger and Bould have to see this in training and address it RIGHT....

Aerially he seems to have better timing for headers when attacking than defending....maybe his depth perception is off when the ball is kicked for a punt....
    apparently positioning and tactics cant be coached to players.

in that case managers are redundant in modern football and players should manage themselves.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Arseholic
    No defender has scored more goals in the Premier League since the start of 2009-10 than our very own Vermanator (13).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play him up front.