Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxlade confirmed to Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    What are they smoking at Anfield?
    They're smoking us at Anfield, 4-0. And now they're signed one of our Internationals who doesn't want to be at our club any more. Liverpool are not the ones with the problems. Like I said before, people are judging our players based on their performances under Wenger and that's a mistake. Wenger couldn't get a goal out of Messi, he's a total fuck-up and he fucks-up everyone he touches. But Ox is young enough and talented enough to recover and rejuvenate his career and I suspect that's exactly what he's going to do.

I'm not buying into a single word about the players jumping ship this time around. In fact I wave them all off with good wishes because that's exactly what I'd be doing in the situation. It's come to the stage where the bigger questions need to be asked about those players who want to stay. I mean, why? Exactly. Isn't it far more likely the money grabbers and the unambitious are sticking at Arsenal, whereas those looking to achieve something are compelled to GTFO?

We don't have a club until Kroenke and Wenger fuck off and it has taken a long time for many fans and most of the players to realise that. We'll be losing a lot more players over the coming 12 months.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    This ideal situation doesn't seem all it's cracked up to be.
    Crack is the right term, for sure. Somebody needs to take that pipe away from Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well good luck to you I guess.

Unless Klopp literally is a miracle worker he'd be absolutely mental to play him at CM though.
    Because he's been so successful for us playing on the wing! Excuse the sarcasm but Ox started his career as a central midfielder. His inconsistency on the wing for us may stem from the fact that it's not his natural position. Even Wenger has said he his future is a midfielder but the wing is helping him develop. But how? Check Wenger's explanation.

‘In the future, he will play in central midfield. But at the moment, this wing-back role has suited him well.
    ‘He can use his power and it suits him well because he is facing the game when he gets the ball.
    ‘I think he looks to be comfortable when he is running at people and when he has the ball at his feet.
    ‘What he is doing at the moment will help him to be a successful central midfielder as well.’
    Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/29/arsena...#ixzz4rGInnF00

It makes zero sense to get him accustomed to always having the game in front of him and always having to use his power, pace and dribbling. As a central midfielder he has to get used to seeing the whole pitch and always having to play on the pivot. Why the heck is playing as wingback and especially when he's not good at it? He has everything in his locker to play through the middle, a much better passer and chance creator than Wilshere and Ramsey but it's only because he's quick and has power that he's pushed over to the wing in a more physical role.

Look at this quick video and it's worth finding this match again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As well we have Ramsey who refuses to play there.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Again, credit to Ox if he pursues this path and gets his way. Sticking to his guns (excuse the pun) and rejecting contracts from us and Chelsea, a reported £220k, shows that he is serious about playing through the middle and developing as a player. Why on earth would Wenger think shifting further into a RWB role or even LWB would appease him? How stupid is he?

Ox is from a footballing family. His uncle and father played ball so I'm sure there are enough advisors around. Wenger must have known that too considering he builds close ties with families when signing kids. Seeing how serious he is about playing through the middle, it makes no sense to unbalance the squad by playing him out of position and not showing flexibility in an area we're really struggling in.

Always been against the square legs in round holes thing because this is what it results in. Players end up leaving and we just unbalance the squad for nothing.

Also, Wenger never learns when it comes to leaving it late in the day to offer a player a new contract. I'm convinced he's losing his memory. Theo went through the same and warned Wenger not to take him for granted and assume he'll sign anything in front of him. The club handle these situations so poorly and we were always going to arrive at this point. It's the final wake up call now.. With the team crumbling again, people now must see we're managed by an idiot.

Yep I agree with this DoG. Assuming this all goes through he has made the right choice for his career IMO. He has obviously thought long and hard about this and feels his development is best served at Liverpool. I think he will do well there and I think Klopp clearly is doing a good job developing some of the younger players at Liverpool and the established English ones like Lallana and Henderson.

If things don't change at Arsenal then I think we will see more and more players seek opportunities elsewhere. I have a feeling Ramsey will walk when his contract is due, I believe he has less than 2 years on it.

I hope this really hurts Wenger, he has core first team players seeking opportunities elsewhere, they specifically want to work with managers of our so called rivals. I hope Wenger understands that HIS way is wrong and that things need to change because this current situation has gotten out of hand and it is totally unacceptable that a club of our stature is being run this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

Yep I agree with this DoG. Assuming this all goes through he has made the right choice for his career IMO. He has obviously thought long and hard about this and feels his development is best served at Liverpool. I think he will do well there and I think Klopp clearly is doing a good job developing some of the younger players at Liverpool and the established English ones like Lallana and Henderson.

If things don't change at Arsenal then I think we will see more and more players seek opportunities elsewhere. I have a feeling Ramsey will walk when his contract is due, I believe he has less than 2 years on it.

I hope this really hurts Wenger, he has core first team players seeking opportunities elsewhere, they specifically want to work with managers of our so called rivals. I hope he understands that HIS way is wrong and that things need to change because the current situation has got out of control and is totally unacceptable.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't we had enough 4 0's off Liverpool recently?

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well good luck to you I guess.

Unless Klopp literally is a miracle worker he'd be absolutely mental to play him at CM though.
    Thanks, I guess.

I imagine he'll be rotation/backup for the midfield 3, and also for Salah. Plus it's guaranteed that at some point Mane and/or Salah's hamstrings will pop, Henderson still has question marks over his fitness and we generally need a stronger squad anyway given the extra games, especially with Lallana out for a while and Coutinho terminally ill.

Fair to say it hasn't exactly been universally well received, but I'm still in the "trust the manager" stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Right up there with

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very surprised Liverpool have matched Chelsea's offer.

Good for our coffers though. Which is the most important thing as well all know.