User Tag List

Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not sure if Petit or Dixon did either to be honest, Petit had been quite critical from memory. Keown is the one really staunch Wenger supporter, the guy deflects all the blame away from Wenger and seems to aim it all at Ozil.
    The pundits are pussy. They all stop short of saying they want Wenger out. Heard Merson ranting some weeks back about our problems but back tracked when 'Wenger Out' was mentioned.

The pundits are 6 years behind when it comes to being in tune with fan sentiment. Even the Lee Dixon quote I read on here about how crap we are when it comes to pressing, he is still under the impression that we can beat any team when it comes to our attacking play. What the heck is he watching? That was true a long time ago but these days we really struggle to even get into gear. I tend to pay more attention to what fan bloggers say and podcasts like Arsenal Vision because they actually watch the games and bring up a lot of the issues we talk about here in terms of performances.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Not sure if Petit or Dixon did either to be honest, Petit had been quite critical from memory. Keown is the one really staunch Wenger supporter, the guy deflects all the blame away from Wenger and seems to aim it all at Ozil.
    Even Keown said he was a punch drunk boxer and should walk away. He changed his tune when he began fishing for a coaching role again

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    The pundits are pussy. They all stop short of saying they want Wenger out. Heard Merson ranting some weeks back about our problems but back tracked when 'Wenger Out' was mentioned.

The pundits are 6 years behind when it comes to being in tune with fan sentiment. Even the Lee Dixon quote I read on here about how crap we are when it comes to pressing, he is still under the impression that we can beat any team when it comes to our attacking play. What the heck is he watching? That was true a long time ago but these days we really struggle to even get into gear. I tend to pay more attention to what fan bloggers say and podcasts like Arsenal Vision because they actually watch the games and bring up a lot of the issues we talk about here in terms of performances.
    Given that we haven’t had a majority of fans saying he should go before this year (incredibly)

It would appear the fans are years behind fan sentiment as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If profits fall you can be sure they'll take notice, money is the only think they care about. Fans need to boycott games, stop buying merchandise ideally, realistically the boycotting will never happen, so then I guess mass demonstrations at games to make the atmosphere unbearable, it won't affedct Kroenke but Wenger might call it a day (don't hold your breath though, the guy gives an entirely new meaning to the word stubborn).
    Trouble is, you have to pay them up front to protest at the game. And they have those cunts that take away the banners.

Free protests OUTSIDE the games that target the pro-Wenger fans just as much as they target the club hierarchy. Just a little bit of pressure would encourage the tourists to go elsewhere. Make it uncomfortable for them going in and coming out. Unrestrained criticism of cocks like John Cross would be productive too. If he wants to shill for the club there should be a price attached to that. Keep it lawful, avoid violence (even though those pro-Wenger lot have no trouble resorting to it) but be as loud and rowdy as possible. I'd start going to that hateful stadium again (outside, not in) if I thought there was something worthwhile happening rather than just expensive boreball.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone in the media seems blind when it comes to the sideways, tip tap non-football we are suffering. It's as if they see a game from 10 years ago instead. A few, like Nichol and that other bloke who hates Wenger and whose name I can't remember, talk about it. That's about it though. Heard a few minor mentions in the mainstream that hints this might be changing. I hope so, because it hurts my head having to watch 90 minutes of boring shite and then having to suffer some pundit saying we play great football. It's a piss take, like some sort of in-joke where they are rubbing it in our faces.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    The only way now is to hit them commercially, so boycott games + merchandise. They only operate via money so that's how you have to get to them to make them understand.
    I have noticed that the home attendances have gone down slightly but it needs to go down to about 20,000 for it to do any good which again, will not happen.

There is no realistic way out of this situation, unless someone can come up with a serious solution to the problem.

I can't think of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Everyone in the media seems blind when it comes to the sideways, tip tap non-football we are suffering. It's as if they see a game from 10 years ago instead. A few, like Nichol and that other bloke who hates Wenger and whose name I can't remember, talk about it. That's about it though. Heard a few minor mentions in the mainstream that hints this might be changing. I hope so, because it hurts my head having to watch 90 minutes of boring shite and then having to suffer some pundit saying we play great football. It's a piss take, like some sort of in-joke where they are rubbing it in our faces.
    I don't get it either. I don't know where they get this notion from. We've lost a step on attack and I can't understand why they keep churning out the same rubbish headlines that were true some years back. Hence why I don't really check for what any of them say when it comes to whether Wenger should stay or go. If they were actually paying attention to the football and not just the few highlight reel 15 second clips they find trending on Twitter, I'd care a bit more about what they have to say. It's rare to hear any of them come up with insightful information these days that the average fan doesn't know. We'll get a few headline gems here and there from the odd pundit but I've never heard any of them really break down the sort of problems we have as club.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't get it either. I don't know where they get this notion from. We've lost a step on attack and I can't understand why they keep churning out the same rubbish headlines that were true some years back. Hence why I don't really check for what any of them say when it comes to whether Wenger should stay or go. If they were actually paying attention to the football and not just the few highlight reel 15 second clips they find trending on Twitter, I'd care a bit more about what they have to say. It's rare to hear any of them come up with insightful information these days that the average fan doesn't know. We'll get a few headline gems here and there from the odd pundit but I've never heard any of them really break down the sort of problems we have as club.
    Mixture of lazy journalism and circle of access journalism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I have noticed that the home attendances have gone down slightly but it needs to go down to about 20,000 for it to do any good which again, will not happen.

There is no realistic way out of this situation, unless someone can come up with a serious solution to the problem.

I can't think of it.
    I think the numbers will gradually drop. A mass boycott is possible and can grow in numbers depending on how badly we perform on the pitch and how much those with platforms call for it. To me, that would be the better solution because people are fired up enough to take action. But I can see a worst case scenario where the numbers just gradually drop because people are tired of the same old. They stop engaging, lose interest totally and just stop going. That's a dangerous situation because I can't see how you win people back after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the numbers will gradually drop. A mass boycott is possible and can grow in numbers depending on how badly we perform on the pitch and how much those with platforms call for it. To me, that would be the better solution because people are fired up enough to take action. But I can see a worst case scenario where the numbers just gradually drop because people are tired of the same old. They stop engaging, lose interest totally and just stop going. That's a dangerous situation because I can't see how you win people back after that.
    They'll just lure some Asian bloke called Yu Chuk Doh into the stadium. Doubt they give a fuck if anyone actually supports the team, provided they pay up in advance. That's why the atmosphere is legendary for its shittiness and the club, despite being begged by the fans, does nothing about it.
    Für eure Sicherheit