User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: if AW spends big and we get a torres, what happens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Henry wants to come back to Arsenal one day, he loves London, loves the fans...it would be a mistake to come out and say he's leaving because the club lacks ambition and he doesn't believe we can win silverware again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just noting it as what I believed to be the correct course of events as opposed to what was previously posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the Benzema talk? And Falcao? IŽd become gay if both arrived. It sounds impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think there's any chance of us getting Benzema, I also highly doubt he's worth anything upwards of 20M (even in this market) and would struggle if he came to this league.

I'd like to see Falcao here though, he's pretty fucking good. We'd need someone that could cross to take advantage of his great heading ability though, something we don't have.

If we were looking at someone cheaper, Barrios from Dortmund could be a good bet, he's great on FM done reasonably well for Dortmund the last two years and could be the poacher we need.
    Last edited by Boss; 26-05-2011 at 06:03 AM.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    I'd like to see Falcao here though, he's pretty fucking good. We'd need someone that could cross to take advantage of his great heading ability though, something we don't have.
    I suppose that the question here is whether the inability to cross is a consequence of not having someone in the middle capable of taking advantage of a cross?
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about the quality of the cross. Put David Beckham into our team and the strikers would anticipate a cross from deep and act accordingly. It becomes routine. Runs into the box, near post back post movement would become natural instinct. At the moment, you don't know what your going to get from our players.

Theo and RVP have formed a good partnership and they've come a long way. I remember all sorts of mix ups between the two in the early days. RVP's movement was chaotic and Theo just had his head down, after burners on and wouldn't know when to release the ball. Now, the two seem to know what they're doing and you hardly see them shouting at each other over a breakdown of communication. Theo's delivery is miles better and RVP knows where to go and where Theo's likely to give him ball. Before, he didn't have a clue when he'd release it. If you trust a player can deliver a certain ball, you'll make the run.

We need to work on our fullbacks. It's 50/50 with those guys. You just don't know if they'll cross or pass it short, if will be a good cross, or bad cross that sails right across the pitch or into the stands, if it will beat the first man...they're just not consistent and you can't develop a routine and pattern like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's about the quality of the cross. Put David Beckham into our team and the strikers would anticipate a cross from deep and act accordingly. It becomes routine. Runs into the box, near post back post movement would become natural instinct. At the moment, you don't know what your going to get from our players.

Theo and RVP have formed a good partnership and they've come a long way. I remember all sorts of mix ups between the two in the early days. RVP's movement was chaotic and Theo just had his head down, after burners on and wouldn't know when to release the ball. Now, the two seem to know what they're doing and you hardly see them shouting at each other over a breakdown of communication. Theo's delivery is miles better and RVP knows where to go and where Theo's likely to give him ball. Before, he didn't have a clue when he'd release it. If you trust a player can deliver a certain ball, you'll make the run.

We need to work on our fullbacks. It's 50/50 with those guys. You just don't know if they'll cross or pass it short, if will be a good cross, or bad cross that sails right across the pitch or into the stands, if it will beat the first man...they're just not consistent and you can't develop a routine and pattern like that.

More about understanding than our forwards being shite in the air or the rest of the team being unable to cross, ofc for most of them that's still true but that's not the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need another summer of 2001.

Ooh, for the summer of 2001 again

So close to winning the cup before the Scousers robbed us forced Wenger to go mad in the transfer market. In come Jeffers, Campbell, Inamoto, Richard Wright, Geo van Bronckhorst. Out, no-f***in one.

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    We need another summer of 2001.

Ooh, for the summer of 2001 again

So close to winning the cup before the Scousers robbed us forced Wenger to go mad in the transfer market. In come Jeffers, Campbell, Inamoto, Richard Wright, Geo van Bronckhorst. Out, no-f***in one.

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout.
    The problem with that list is that only Campbell was a real success; van Bronckhorst was okay, and the other three were bigger flops than Barcelona players with an opponent within 10 m.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was going to say the same thing. But the new signings could have pushed the existing squad members to play harder to keep their first team status. It showed Wenger's intent. Mess about and you're spot is under threat.