User Tag List

Page 62 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Players Views

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    And thats why Syn is the best at whay he does tbh.
    Never heard an x who knows about y say a z about him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal striker Robin van Persieshould stay at the club this summer, according to former Gunners forward Tony Woodcock.

The 28-year-old, who has netted 27 goals in the Premier League this season, has been widely linked with big-money move away from north London thanks to his blistering form.

However, Woodcock, who made 131 appearances in a trophy-laden spell at the club, is adamant Van Persie can win silverware if he remains at Emirates Stadium.

“With somebody like Robin, it cannot be a financial thing at this stage in his career,” the ex-Arsenal attacker told BBC Sport.

“Players want to win things and he is not far from winning things [at Arsenal]. He has to balance that up.”

Manchester City are rumoured to be considering a bid for the striker, but Woodcock believes the financial benefits of such a transfer ought to be irrelevant for the Netherlands international.

“A few years ago, Robin had quite a few injuries and the club stuck by the player," he added.

“Now he has had an excellent season, there is all this speculation about whether he is staying or going.

“I imagine he is financially secure and he will be earning quite a lot of money if he stays with Arsenal.

“So, for the sake of earning a little bit more money somewhere else, that cannot be the motivation. The grass is not always greener somewhere else.

“Anybody who signs for Arsenal during this period is in a fantastic place. If Lukas Podolski comes I have said to the German press that, for a 26-year-old coming to play for Arsenal and live in London, and all the things that go with it, it is a fantastic opportunity.

“I would think Robin will add all of those things together too.”

The Gunners sit third in the Premier League table and are strong favourites to secure the final automatic Champions League qualification spot this season.

Woodcock, who scored 68 goals during his Arsenal career, added: “I don't like it when people add up how many years it is since Arsenal won a trophy, because they are close and not too far off it.

“This season, after a terrible start, they are in third place. If you had said in the early months: ‘Arsenal would qualify for the Champions League,’ people might not have believed it.

“If they do get into the Champions League, that would be a success, but Arsenal fans do want to win something at some point.”
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...phies-woodcock

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Graham has questioned the medical treatment given to Arsenal players after Jack Wilshere was ruled out until next season.

The young midfielder has not played for Arsenal since suffering a recurrence of an ankle injury in a friendly against New York Red Bulls on July 31.
    Wilshere was initially expected to be out for around three months but has since suffered a number of setbacks and will now miss the remainder of the season, as well England’s European Championship campaign.
    With Arsene Wenger also having had to deal with a number of other long-term injuries to his squad in recent seasons, Graham claims the club may be contributing to their own problems.
    “You look back the last few years and look at the injuries and it is not a couple of weeks or even a month injuries that Arsenal have racked up,” said the former Gunners boss.
    “You look at Robin Van Persie, this is probably the first season he is injury free. And [Tomas] Rosicky. Key players have been out for long, long periods. It is something I would have a look at, the medical side of the club.
    “What sort of injuries are they? If they are contact injuries, there is not a lot you can do about it but if they are having strains and pulls they have got to have a look at that aspect of the club.”
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...eatment-170242

Good to see the worst medical staff in the business being questioned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal fans do want to win something at some point
    Well, nothing gets past him then.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has admitted that it would be "a dream" to one day return to the club as manager.

The New York Red Bulls forward played for the Gunners for eight years between 1999 and 2007 before leaving to sign for Barcelona. He made a dramatic return to the club this season on a short loan spell, scoring twice in the league in four appearances.

However, with the 34 year-old Frenchman now entering the twilight of his career, he has turned his attentions to life after football and the potential chance of managing his former club, when asked if he ever considered entering football management.

"You know what? I might. Now do you think I would be a good one? You can never tell," Henry told USA Today.

"I actually don't know if that would be an option. I know I will be in the game for sure. Why not? Sure."

"Everyone knows the love I have for Arsenal Football Club, so you know it goes without saying where. That's a dream."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...ole-at-arsenal

Would take him this summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see Henry as a manager or even a coach in any capacity.

There's just something about him, he's more of a celebrity like Beckham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    nah give him a few more years to develop tbh, get someone like a cappello or Hindink for a few years then let him take over tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how much he loves our Club and I do regret not getting to any of the matches he played on his return here.

You want to know what a legend is?

Look no further than Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I love how much he loves our Club and I do regret not getting to any of the matches he played on his return here.

You want to know what a legend is?

Look no further than Henry.
    We will never see another player like him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw him in the Villa Cup game where he apparently masterminded the comeback

Henry