User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Anyone Still Want Him Here?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Leave Please

38 84.44%
  • Let's Judge @ End Of Season

0 0%
  • Sign da ting

7 15.56%
Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Referendum IV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Or, this is just one big pile of bullshit and they are all still singing from the same sheet and keeping their hands clasped in prayer that we'll tumble into the top 4 by season's end. That will be seized upon as success and they'll probably get away with it. Add a cup to that and I can see many fans reversing their opinion.
    Absolutely. Despite the backlash this year I think the majority of fans are still afraid of change and will accept any crumb of comfort as a turning point. Stockholm Syndrome?

They say no one is bigger than the club but in our case one individual is.

Top 4 and winning the cup would be a bitter-sweet pill to swallow. I'm ready for change and for our club to move on to the next chapter of its history. Being stuck with that dinosaur is holding us back big time, to the point where you can barely even live in hope of anything changing for the better.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 11-05-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was speaking to a Chelsea fan last night. He asked me if I was Wenger in or out. When I replied he said he reckoned in his experience about 80% of us are Wenger out.

I reckon he isn't a million miles away in terms of assessment. Amongst my friends in Canada that are Arsenal supporters, all two of them are Wenger out and my neighbor down the road has recently seen the light and is firmly in the out camp.

I do think a cup win and a top 4 finish will sway some, but not many. There have simply been too many humiliating experiences that have been coming with increasing frequency.

A tipping point has been passed and you only need to look at the gaps in the stadium for home games to see that. It isn't hurting the team financially yet as many of those gaps have been paid for by non attendees, but that will change and soon if this malaise that is turning off fans continues.

Even that guy, Ty doesn't look like he believes what he is saying anymore.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You're not paying attention.

I don't know how Bayern view him and you're shifting goal posts slightly. Good or bad, how he's managed the books and ideas he's implemented is what he'll be judged on. Your personal opinion on the job he's done, or my opinion on how he's done isn't really relevant.
    My argument is that our good financial status is more based on champions league qualification, gate receipts and tv money rather than anything he's done in terms of commercial deals.

And as this states the commercial revenue has been very flat of late, our latest profit statement has been based on the amount we get through tv money

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...are-in-2015-16

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    I was speaking to a Chelsea fan last night. He asked me if I was Wenger in or out. When I replied he said he reckoned in his experience about 80% of us are Wenger out.

I reckon he isn't a million miles away in terms of assessment. Amongst my friends in Canada that are Arsenal supporters, all two of them are Wenger out and my neighbor down the road has recently seen the light and is firmly in the out camp.

I do think a cup win and a top 4 finish will sway some, but not many. There have simply been too many humiliating experiences that have been coming with increasing frequency.

A tipping point has been passed and you only need to look at the gaps in the stadium for home games to see that. It isn't hurting the team financially yet as many of those gaps have been paid for by non attendees, but that will change and soon if this malaise that is turning off fans continues.

Even that guy, Ty doesn't look like he believes what he is saying anymore.
    The Gunners fanzine which i have posted a lot on here claim it's about 85% but that this could be a fluid level because the 85% is divided evenly between those who think it's time for him to go but won't protest and those who want him out and are willing to protest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    My argument is that our good financial status is more based on champions league qualification, gate receipts and tv money rather than anything he's done in terms of commercial deals.

And as this states the commercial revenue has been very flat of late, our latest profit statement has been based on the amount we get through tv money

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...are-in-2015-16
    But you're switching goalposts.
    It's not about love for the club with Gazidis, it's about having respect for your own reputation.....basically the perception is that he's a puppet with no power in his role, if he stays in his role having failed to achieve any restrain on Wenger than I would say the lack of professional pride also applies to him.

And frankly if he's that good at his job, presumably he'd want to go somewhere where he can effect more change than he can with us.
    As for your argument about our revenue stream, we signed Ozil before the TV deal money. Expectations changed when we signed that Puma deal. But now I think you're clutching at straws for another debate.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    No i'm just saying that there is no strong evidence that this guy is anything special, certainly when one considers he is one of the highest paid CEO's in the league

Look I am glad that he said what he did, but actions speak louder than and I hope that is more than words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    No i'm just saying that there is no strong evidence that this guy is anything special, certainly when one considers he is one of the highest paid CEO's in the league

Look I am glad that he said what he did, but actions speak louder than and I hope that is more than words
    I don't think he's anything special either. That's not my argument or point I'm making. In fact, didn't you look back on Gazidis's time before joining Arsenal and say he was successful or something along those lines? So what exactly has changed over the last 3 months?

Action speak louder than words which is why I've made a point of listing what he's done and not just gone on words. I'm not saying he's exceptional,just saying he seems to be pushing more for change than the manager, which is embarrassing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I don't think he's anything special either. That's not my argument or point I'm making. In fact, didn't you look back on Gazidis's time before joining Arsenal and say he was successful or something along those lines? So what exactly has changed over the last 3 months?

Action speak louder than words which is why I've made a point of listing what he's done and not just gone on words. I'm not saying he's exceptional,just saying he seems to be pushing more for change than the manager, which is embarrassing.
    So like in most instances we are talking at cross purposes

My big concern is that this is all big talk from Gazidis. He spoke out when he knew he could not afford to stay silent

Interesting thing listening to the Le grove podcast today, is that they have speculated that the DOF talk has been leaked by Gazidis exactly to prompt the kind of reaction from Wenger that it has, and to expose his own talk of wanting to change things as being totally insubstantial.

I don't know if Wenger would fall for something like that. His statements suggest that he knows something or is playing high stakes poker by saying I'll get 4th and the cup and I'll keep things as they are.

Of course Wenger doesn't want change, he's 65+ who wants change when you're that age.

It's lack of alternative interests that's the big concern, if he like Donald Trump was into golf and young foreign girls he'd be off.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 11-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Wenger always loses his rag when is authority or expertise is questioned. His reaction to the DoF questioning showed a loss of control and a lack of political awareness, if indeed this is political on the part of Gazidis.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An addendum to Wenger's comments that I read yesterday were even more interesting than the DoF stuff. Can't find the damn article at the moment, but I will. He openly said he's not going to change after all these years. And ended with another, "That's it!"
    Für eure Sicherheit