Monsoon and Heenan

Best in the world at what they did

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFS

Cos i watched Raw today, i thought Elimination Chamber would be next week, i just realised its today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the RAW Chamber

Punk wins, quite poor really, Jerico never even got pinned

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's to keep him strong going in to Wrestlemania I imagine. It was generally good, granted that only encompasses the two elimination chamber matches. Why Cena vs Kane was the main event is anybody's guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in All it was a terrible PPV

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed the first match as i had forgotten it was on and when i found out the first match was the only match i wanted to see, i turned off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry aftet that match you did not miss much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I didn't pay for it, but not bad. Just for a second there it looked like they were going to pull the trigger on Santino! Good booking in that respect. They looked to be teasing something with Jericho when we saw him being looked at backstage, but nothing more was made of it? And why was 'that' the main event?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista has told how he rarely watches wrestling anymore, after his former company turned PG.

The star, who is now carving out a successful acting career with a role in Scorpion King 3, says he left the business after WWE decided to take a more child-friendly direction.

In an exclusive interview, The Animal told SunSport: "I don't keep up with wrestling that much these days.

"The reason I left was the PG direction the company took, it got too corny for me. I was a hug fan of the edgy era of DX, Stone Cold Steve Austin and those guys. The change in direction really ruined it for me.

"It's well recorded I'm not a fan of the likes of John Cena or The Miz. It's such a different company these days and not in a good way."

In a world where everyone always seems to return to the WWE eventually — Batista is not ruling out following the likes of Chris Jericho and making an in-ring comeback.

But he does insist things would have to get more grown-up again before he'd consider it.

He said: "I've no plans to return anytime soon. I was offered the job of working on Tough Enough, I just didn't think it was for me. I hear it went well with Steve Austin and good luck to them.

"I need to be excited by a project and I didn't feel that way about Tough Enough.

"If I did return to the WWE, it would be for a run not just a one-shot deal.

"I'd have to be a constant for them not someone who drifts in and out to boost ratings. If I did I'd love to work with Triple H again or Undertaker.

"They are the best workers there in my opinion and they'd make it worthwhile to return.

"The show would have to change though, so I can't see my return being anytime soon can you?

"But, you know, I pretty much did it all. My favourite wrestling moments are not necessarily my best ones, they are however the ones that mean most to me.

"My first World Title win meant a lot to me, winning the tag team titles with Ric Flair is up there too.

"I can't complain about the matches I had and the people I faced, I had an amazing time in the WWE."

Looking at other wrestling companies such as TNA, ROH and New Japan, Batista added: "For me, the WWE is the number one wrestling organisation.

"I'd hate to end my career somewhere that's a step down. If I go out, I go out on top and working for the company on top."

The star, whose real name is Dave Bautista, is concentrating on the world of film instead — his latest big budget flick is The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption.

However he insists that he'll never forget his wrestling roots.

Dave told us: "I'm trying to learn the craft of acting, coaching and getting advice from my co-stars.

"Scorpion King 3 was an exciting and very positive experience. My role is a pivotal one and it was good to work with such talented guys as Billy Zane and Ron Perlman. The whole cast helped me greatly.

"I would love to try comedy one day, but I firmly believe at heart I'm a wrestler and I act, I'm not trying to distance myself from that.

"Wrestling is what gave me these opportunities."
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ng-for-me.html

When was Scorpion King 2 made?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and they should only do 'surprise'/'bonus' matches on PPV when they genuinely have to replace something (Bad Blood '97 springs to mind). I don't need to see Hornswoggle eating cheese followed by a sub-Superstars Swagger - Gabriel non-event (at least announce the match beforehand). Not exactly sure why the Johnny/Otunga/Del Rio/Christian/Henry thing couldn't have waited for TV either..