User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Match reaction vs Hull

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    You can't see Theo cutting it at Chelsea with their simple direct style of play? Deep defending in numbers and quick transition counter attacks with the least amount of passes possible instead of all the intricate plays.

Amazes me how Arsenal fans forget the times Theo's been our main player popping up with the important goal and assist when needed. He hasn't had a major slump in form he's been out injured for a year and hasn't won his spot back. Short memories around here.
    Frankly speaking, I dont think he will be good at Chelsea. His ball control is non-existent and his finishing isnt the greatest either. As for the important goal or assist, he hasnt done that consistently enough for me to want Arsenal to put an extra effort to keep him. I can remember Bendtner popping up with some important goals and assists in one of the seasons... that shouldnt be a reason for him to be at the club.

I think Sterling and him are on the save level but Sterling is younger, so there is room for improvement. Theo is near the end of his 'best career phase' and he also had an ACL surgery, which is one of the worst surgeries to have for a quick player.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Frankly speaking, I dont think he will be good at Chelsea. His ball control is non-existent and his finishing isnt the greatest either. As for the important goal or assist, he hasnt done that consistently enough for me to want Arsenal to put an extra effort to keep him. I can remember Bendtner popping up with some important goals and assists in one of the seasons... that shouldnt be a reason for him to be at the club.

I think Sterling and him are on the save level but Sterling is younger, so there is room for improvement. Theo is near the end of his 'best career phase' and he also had an ACL surgery, which is one of the worst surgeries to have for a quick player.
    I don't know how many times I've rattled off Theo's stats on here but when he's fit and starting games he's usually one of our top goal scorers and one of the top goal scoring midfielders in the league. Not just over one season either. It's all there to find on Google.

As for Chelsea, you don't need to the tightest of touches like you do in ours when playing counterattack football. One pass over the top or a into space from Cesc, Theo runs on to it with pace and either takes it himself or squares it to Hazard or Costa. Very simple but effective. That suits Theo all day.

In our team, what's most likely to happen is that we'll get rid of Theo and the right wing will become the rotating hot seat position. Ramsey will get a go there, Welbeck will get a go and when Wilshere's fit he'll probably see games there and the same will happen for Ox when he gets back. I don't see Wenger replacing Theo. when Welbeck arrived, I said it was a wrap for Theo and it's a waste of development because in a few years will have Welbeck wanting a go as striker but his output on the wing will be far less than what Theo would do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bottom line is he wouldn't get a start for any of our rivals. Absolutely no chance of playing up front for any of them, and he'd be limited being a wide player coming off the bench (if he even makes the bench in some of those squads). I'm not sure he knows just how lucky he has been to have the kind of game time he has had for us in the past. So why should he start for us? Why should he be one of our top earners?

Now we've joined the rest of the pack in terms of squad depth and competition for places, and it's up to Theo to earn a place in the side. If he's not up for that challenge he's probably not the kind of person who'll win us trophies anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    The bottom line is he wouldn't get a start for any of our rivals. Absolutely no chance of playing up front for any of them, and he'd be limited being a wide player coming off the bench (if he even makes the bench in some of those squads). I'm not sure he knows just how lucky he has been to have the kind of game time he has had for us in the past. So why should he start for us? Why should he be one of our top earners?

Now we've joined the rest of the pack in terms of squad depth and competition for places, and it's up to Theo to earn a place in the side. If he's not up for that challenge he's probably not the kind of person who'll win us trophies anyway.
    All hypothetical. We have no idea what will happen with Theo's career beyond Arsenal. We can only speculate.

If we had a top class winger playing on the right, the sort of quality we have in Snachez, then i'd have no qualms about Theo being on the beach. But the fact is we've got Ramsey playing out of position with Welbeck as back up who has a poor goal scoring record and sent packing by Utd. I don't see either excelling in that position and we have to buy if Theo is sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has apparently spoken to both Theo and Jenks telling them both he wants them to stay at Arsenal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jenks

Theo
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott would compliment Chelsea well I think, with Hazard carrying the ball from the left and Walcott being more direct on the opposite flank. Willian has real potential and creates a lot of space but lacks an end product a lot of the time. Although, the question mark over Theo - especially at a time when he is probably more anxious than ever about his future as a starter, let alone a striker - is working hard for the team. That is the most important thing Mourinho demands above all else. So added to Walcott's fragile injury, he'd have a tough time becoming that player.