User Tag List

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, when you're right, you're right. And most of those were "fleeing the scene"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2019/
    236, from that.

Fake news I'm sure.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah not a great metaphor. Pandemics are novel diseases. This is more like a flair-up of a chronic illness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    236, from that.

Fake news I'm sure.
    No. That's the total. NQ said unarmed...

EDIT: Weirdly when I checked again just now it came to 15
    Sure it said 10 yesterday. Odd. 6 of those were not fleeing the scene.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Yeah not a great metaphor. Pandemics are novel diseases. This is more like a flair-up of a chronic illness.
    Is it though?
    It's once incident. A tragic one, certainly. But the person responsible is now in prison as are the people who stood by and watched.
    I'm not saying racism is not a thing, but the police aren't going out every night gunning down innocent black people for the lolz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the clip of Floyd being killed in its entirety. Definitely one of the most sickening things I’ve ever seen. Blood boiling.

Can see why people have finally lost their shit about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just watched the clip of Floyd being killed in its entirety. Definitely one of the most sickening things I’ve ever seen. Blood boiling.

Keep up. He was apparently accused to forgetting to pay for a Mars bar when he was 13 so it's actually fine.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did say 10 yesterday, and all the days before. Fox and an independent journalist both reported these numbers, I then checked them myself. If it's 15 today (considering they note themselves they no longer maintain the records) I guess we're going to see the world go up in flames. 5 more victims in one day - WITH COVID19.

Let's say they manage to get it to 100, or 200. That's still a tiny number. 10 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites were shot and killed by cops in the US in the whole of 2019. Even if every case was unwarranted (and certainly that's not the case), that's 29 trigger happy cops out of 700,000, and 29 deaths in a population of 325 million. All very significant to the people directly involved, but of absolutely no significance statistically. You give cops guns and tell them to hunt down criminals, some of whom may be armed themselves, and probability alone will get you at least some unlawful shootings and at least a few bad cops.

But these numbers are incredibly low, and in fact a testament to the cops. To keep the number that low shows they must be exercising a lot of restraint, in general.

In Minneapolis the authorities are actually talking about shutting the police department down. In LA and New York massive budget cuts are being discussed. At a time of civil unrest, the authorities in these cities actually want to reduce law enforcement. That tells you a lot about their true motives.

When will the insanity hit the peak, and can it be flattened?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Do you have all the facts?

The cop and the perp both knew each other and had worked together as bouncers at a club for many years. The perp was high on drugs when he was arrested. He had a track record of violent crime, including assaulting women. He was an absolute scumbag and a menace to society. So he's not missed by me, or any decent person I would think (although few will say it in the face of so much SJW BS).

Even so, nobody wants to see a restrained perp being killed by cops, even when it's low life scum. Anyone can end up getting arrested, wrong place at the wrong time, mistaken identity. So the threat of bad cops potentially affects everyone. This particular cop has been indicted and will probably end up getting shanked in prison. His mates have been charged too. They broke the law and the law is dealing with them.

This is how it should be. Criminals getting arrested, whether they be civilians or cops. Same goes for the arseholes out rioting and looting. They need to be handled forcefully but fairly too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it though?
    It's once incident.
    Oh, that's the assumption you've been working under? Explains a lot.