Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m sure they’re mandatory.

When’s the curfew in your sector?
    You're welcome.

They would have been mandatory if some of us didn't resist.

Like the Pakistani's plans for a no emission zone, which I suspect is merely being delayed. Once everyone is in a shitty EV after 2030 they'll be able to remotely shut them down at will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where’s Whitty?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    They would have been mandatory if some of us didn't resist.
    Resist
    You didn't "resist". There was nothing to resist. You just didn't have the jabs which was always your right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Resist
    You didn't "resist". There was nothing to resist. You just didn't have the jabs which was always your right.
    Do you know what I smell when you post?

FEAR.

And of course you'll have an obvious comeback for that. But in pre-emptive response:

FEAR.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think that repeating something which isn't true makes it true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

FEAR.

And of course you'll have an obvious comeback for that. But in pre-emptive response:

FEAR.
    What's he supposed to be afraid of? It's you that thinks there's some big conspiracy, isn't it you that's afraid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    What's he supposed to be afraid of? It's you that thinks there's some big conspiracy, isn't it you that's afraid?
    I'm talking about the good men who do nothing as evil thrives. When a handful of evil men dictate to a majority that could act, yet does not act, what would you say is holding back the latter? Courage? This is why most people prefer to have others do their thinking for them, even though they know the lies that ease their consciences are indeed lies. And that's why they'll defend those lies and condemn whoever resorts to truth. It's not difficult to know the basic truths these days. Evil isn't skulking in the shadows, it has become confident enough to act in the light. That so many can deny this is happening in front of their eyes (it's all a bunch of coincidences and conspiracy theories) presents the unmistakable stench of terror, wouldn't you inevitably conclude? Or what is it? What drives people to not only turn a blind eye but actively prop up that which surely they know to be wrong?

We're back to asking those questions that have perplexed us. Why did the German people allow it? How could Lenin get away with it? Why don't the Chinese people do something about it? Why didn't the Jews fight back? Historical precedent is coming back into sharp focus and all those lessons we claimed we learned have been thrown away at the first sign of danger. Fear.

Christ trembled with doubt in the garden before an ancient manifestation of "authority as usual" came to drag hm away to his torture and death. It was the act of overcoming evil's greatest weapon, fear, and the courage to brandish the greatest weapon of goodness, love, that seared his message into the future chapters of humanity. "Forgive them for they know not what they do." When all else failed God sent his Son as an explicit example of how a good man should stand and, if necessary, fall. But never succumb and never facilitate evil. The Roman empire crumbled, as all empires do. The example of Christ prevailed and thrived. And all throughout history, battle after battle, goodness prevailed without exception as it will again. Provided good men stand and never facilitate evil.

You don't have to be religious to understand the concepts. You can dismiss God and Christ or fall back on a noxious cocktail of conceit and arrogance to ignore the course of human history and rewrite it in a manner that excuses abdication of the one main duty, do the thing you know to be right and just.

Or you can submit and throw away your humanity, endorse evil, and apologise for it, because you are afraid. Or evil, I suppose. But usually just afraid.

You invite me to dispense with my "conspiracy theories" and embrace the great benevolence that is sweeping our allotted slice of human history. Isn't it me that has the problem, you accuse? Shouldn't I shut up and admit the wars were just well intentioned mistakes, and the pestilence merely a sequence of unfortunate and uncontrollable events, and the ongoing famines a sad but unsolvable problem that must take a back seat to our latest, hedge fund inspired, project to save the planet? Shouldn't people like me say and do nothing? Because what possible harm could come from everyone closing their eyes and letting the work of the few wash over us?

I'll admit, fear is the easier way to go. But the stench. How can people live with it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that's one way to start the week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm talking about the good men who do nothing as evil thrives. When a handful of evil men dictate to a majority that could act, yet does not act, what would you say is holding back the latter? Courage? This is why most people prefer to have others do their thinking for them, even though they know the lies that ease their consciences are indeed lies. And that's why they'll defend those lies and condemn whoever resorts to truth. It's not difficult to know the basic truths these days. Evil isn't skulking in the shadows, it has become confident enough to act in the light. That so many can deny this is happening in front of their eyes (it's all a bunch of coincidences and conspiracy theories) presents the unmistakable stench of terror, wouldn't you inevitably conclude? Or what is it? What drives people to not only turn a blind eye but actively prop up that which surely they know to be wrong?

We're back to asking those questions that have perplexed us. Why did the German people allow it? How could Lenin get away with it? Why don't the Chinese people do something about it? Why didn't the Jews fight back? Historical precedent is coming back into sharp focus and all those lessons we claimed we learned have been thrown away at the first sign of danger. Fear.

Christ trembled with doubt in the garden before an ancient manifestation of "authority as usual" came to drag hm away to his torture and death. It was the act of overcoming evil's greatest weapon, fear, and the courage to brandish the greatest weapon of goodness, love, that seared his message into the future chapters of humanity. "Forgive them for they know not what they do." When all else failed God sent his Son as an explicit example of how a good man should stand and, if necessary, fall. But never succumb and never facilitate evil. The Roman empire crumbled, as all empires do. The example of Christ prevailed and thrived. And all throughout history, battle after battle, goodness prevailed without exception as it will again. Provided good men stand and never facilitate evil.

You don't have to be religious to understand the concepts. You can dismiss God and Christ or fall back on a noxious cocktail of conceit and arrogance to ignore the course of human history and rewrite it in a manner that excuses abdication of the one main duty, do the thing you know to be right and just.

Or you can submit and throw away your humanity, endorse evil, and apologise for it, because you are afraid. Or evil, I suppose. But usually just afraid.

You invite me to dispense with my "conspiracy theories" and embrace the great benevolence that is sweeping our allotted slice of human history. Isn't it me that has the problem, you accuse? Shouldn't I shut up and admit the wars were just well intentioned mistakes, and the pestilence merely a sequence of unfortunate and uncontrollable events, and the ongoing famines a sad but unsolvable problem that must take a back seat to our latest, hedge fund inspired, project to save the planet? Shouldn't people like me say and do nothing? Because what possible harm could come from everyone closing their eyes and letting the work of the few wash over us?

I'll admit, fear is the easier way to go. But the stench. How can people live with it?

You know, I’ve never failed to be impressed by your utter sense of certainty, not even your certainty about “what’s really happening” but your certainty about what’s going on in other peoples minds.

Of course it starts from your own projected view of “If you tolerate this, then your children will be next” to assume that anyone who isn’t as outspoken as you are about the obvious evil being committed is either unwilling to learn from history or is as malign as the people doing this evil.

The irony is you sound exactly like the people who have taken the greatest exception to the anti immigration stance…half brains like Lineker comparing it to Nazi Germany just in the same way you have pointed to lockdowns and the associated paraphernalia as redolent of Nazi Germany. Like you they are utterly convinced that they are right and that historical precedent is on their side.

Neither of you make in my view an especially compelling argument, and actually if anything tend to shoe horn history to fit your pre-existing narrative.

Yet expect people to listen to you, when you both invoke Edmund Burke