• Saturday

0 0%
Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie is shit, when we were passing it around towards the end he just couldn't match what our other players did, he flattered to deceive last season

We need another striker in January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Eddie is shit, when we were passing it around towards the end he just couldn't match what our other players did, he flattered to deceive last season

We need another striker in January
    He wouldn't get into my second team, Southend United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    He wouldn't get into my second team, Southend United
    I’ve seen Southend United play.

Not only would he get in, he’d have a statue of him outside Roots Hall within six months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole team is shit. But, amazingly, this shit team is the best team in this shit league right now. It's fucking incredible. I think thee shitkickers could actually win this shit league. It's embarrassing. However. If we are the best of the worst, it still counts. Ain't Bergkamp and Henry, maybe, but it will still go down in the books as an easy win.

Just kidding. Collapse hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 09-11-2022 at 12:38 AM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from Johnny Walker’s Amber restorative, is there anything in life that gives you joy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Apart from Johnny Walker’s Amber restorative, is there anything in life that gives you joy?
    Yep. In fact it was a very good night last night.

Are you telling me you didn't watch the Southampton match?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worrying cult mentality developing on social media around Arteta (it’s always fitting that you get a cult of personality surrounding people who actually lack one).

We’ve done well, very well this season but we are 14 games in. And even amongst all the good news there are red flags such as the guys inability to rotate, his tendency to fall out with players, the complete reliance we have on Partey and our lack of goals from strikers.

Despite all that we are ticking over nicely, but don’t start chanting Trust the Process as if it’s anything but a meaningless slogan.

I don’t like Arteta personally, he doesn’t come across to me as a very likeable individual (Wenger for all his stubbornness and flaws was, as was Emery despite his struggles with the language). And that undoubtedly clouds my judgement although I do maintain that one does not have to be likeable to be good at their job. But Arteta’s judgement at times confounds me.

It would be hard to argue that a different coach would be doing a better job with these players though, that I will say for him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football fans are famously reactionary. But it's fair to say that this season is going better than any of us could possibly have dreamed so far.
    And yeah, it's "only" 14 games in but that's over a third of the season, and we've played enough of the big teams now to suggest there's something about this lot and Arteta is doing a good job. I'm not sure there's any cult mentality, people are just pleased about how things are going and why wouldn't they be?
    Obviously some people are going overboard as they do about everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the fans I speak to are pretty grounded and realistic about what may or may not happen this season. Arsenal do probably have the largest online presence of any club though, so you’re bound to get a lot of things that are said for clout and clicks. The same people deifying Arteta now were also probably wanting him gone 18 months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve only recently hit the point where I’d be pissed if we don’t make the top 4.

The rest is gravy.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.