Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    £9 million apparentlyi.

Difficult to call them Neverkusen after this act of charity though.
    It does feel like we should send them a basket of muffins at Christmas or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should offer them Xhaka for free as a bonus
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It does feel like we should send them a basket of muffins at Christmas or something.
    That seems a little much, how can we afford that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We should offer them Xhaka for free as a bonus
    Do you want them to take Kolasinac or not?

Best stick to the basket of muffins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    That seems a little much, how can we afford that?
    “New Arsenal offer for Aouar / Partey: €5m, minus the cost of a basket of muffins, plus Guendouzi.”

+£1, obvs.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 30-09-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's no place for Ozil then why are we after this Aouar guy? Isn't he pretty much the same player? And what has led us to believe he'll transition from an attacking team into a comatose team any better than Pepe? Shouldn't we be after a powerful, creative midfielder that can hold the centre without shitting his pants? I don't think Pires in his prime would fit into the current setup, or have any success beyond moments of individual brilliance - like Auba. Won't this guy just have to do everything on his own too, if he arrives?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Umm.. he was phenomenal in his first season and was dominating most games.. I remember many saying that he was as good as (if not better) than Kante. Things started to go downhill when Emery tried to play him as an attacking midfielder. He also had an injury somewhere in there and things started to unravel after that.
    He started off well but tailed off. He was awful towards the end of the season before last when admittedly the whole team collapsed.

Torreira is a decent player but I honestly don't think he is suited to PL, he is too weak, easily gets shrugged off the ball and he isn't a efficient passer of the ball either IMO. TBF non of our midfielders really are suited to PL with the exception of Ceballos and he isn't even our player, classic Arsenal!

Torreira is made for a Simeone team though, I think he'll be a star at Atletico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If there's no place for Ozil then why are we after this Aouar guy? Isn't he pretty much the same player? And what has led us to believe he'll transition from an attacking team into a comatose team any better than Pepe? Shouldn't we be after a powerful, creative midfielder that can hold the centre without shitting his pants? I don't think Pires in his prime would fit into the current setup, or have any success beyond moments of individual brilliance - like Auba. Won't this guy just have to do everything on his own too, if he arrives?
    Because Aouar is a better player? Ozil is finished. He's on 350K per week, he should be turning out De Bruyne type performances every week and he's not, he's been given chances too and whilst he's not been awful, he certainly doesn't add anything to the team. His wage is the issue, if he wasn't on that salary then I honestly think he would be getting games.

I don't even think Ozil will have many suitors when his contracts up, he's damaged his rep with his petulant attitude towards his wage and so forth.

Back to Aouar, he's not really that similar to Ozil, more like a hybrid of De Bruyne and Bernado Silva, he gets up and down the pitch a lot and gets stuck in. Yeah he's creative and technically excellent but he has more to his game than that, he's almost the complete Midfielder, he's no more a number 10 than a number 8.
    Last edited by selassie; 30-09-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think De Brown or Silva would be much use in the current setup either. What would be the point of them if all we're doing is fucking around at the back and then hoofing it? If Auba can't get a touch, why would they? Much better to go for a dominant midfielder and build from there. Have some genuine fire and craft in there so all the faffing around has a viable outlet, rather than a Pepe with his back to goal. You need the cake before the icing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Torreira to Atletico Madrid could be done very soon. Unclear whether that’s a loan or permanent though.

Doesn’t seem like there’s any progress on Partey though and it might be only Aouar we’re pursuing.