User Tag List

Page 75 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Tuesdays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Wenger shafted him when started encouraging him to try and win the ball higher up the pitch. Wenger did the same with Song after a successful season as DM. Encouraged him to get forward more and try to 'fool' the opposition into moving into the space vacated by Song. God k owns where that tactic has come from and despite seeing it fail he has tried it again with Coquelin.
    Yep, nail on head.

Wenger is obsessed with ball playing midfielders, like you stated yesterday he seems to go out of his way NOT to have a Defensively minded midfielder playing for us.

Coq was fine playing the water carrier/DM role, I still don't understand to this day why Wenger tried to change his role because it was clearly working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Should have brought Cesc back when we had the chance to. He’s still better than any of our centre mids.
    Missed out on that one. Even if not Cesc, buy someone that can either build play from attack or break up attacks and support the defence. How did we end up with someone that can do neither and spend £35m on him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, nail on head.

Wenger is obsessed with ball playing midfielders, like you stated yesterday he seems to go out of his way NOT to have a Defensively minded midfielder playing for us.

Coq was fine playing the water carrier/DM role, I still don't understand to this day why Wenger tried to change his role because it was clearly working.
    It makes zero sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me laugh, when asked how the new setup behind the scenes is working in the January transfer window he just says the transfer window should be banned.

Would suit him then he'd never have to buy anyone ever again and could go round poaching youngsters for free. Why the guy has such a problem with transfers is beyond me, I guess it doesn't fit into his maximising profit policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing he hates most about transfer windows is the opportunity it provides for top players to escape his lunatic asylum. If only he could hold Sanchez for another 5 months, if only
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 09-01-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong reports coming out of Argentina that Arsenal could meet Cristian Pavon's release clause within hours. Seen as Sanchez replacement. @charles_watts
    https://t.co/clH9eWIb7A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't believe Wenger hasn't been sacked for this shit. It's a serious fuck up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farhad Moshiri on why Romelu Lukaku didn’t sign a new deal-
    "During the meeting (with Lukaku over a new contract) he said he had to call his mother, who was on a pilgrimage in Africa and had seen a voodoo who said he had to go to Chelsea.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few rags reporting that City will wait until the summer for Alexis and give him a 30m signing on fee.