User Tag List

Page 799 of 1387 FirstFirst ... 2996997497897977987998008018098498991299 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 13867

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's annoying when people moan every chance they get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes, it's annoying when people moan every chance they get
    I thought you were busy criticising Zim at every turn, trying to fire up more WUMmery as is your way? I'm talking about the content of this thread. What are you doing? Is it still acceptable to have a dissenting opinion on this forum, or do you prefer it to be a closed shop? For every criticism I level at our failed manager you are quick enough to fire a response, usually having nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. Perhaps some people find that annoying? Not me though, I don't mind one way or the other if you want to talk about me rather than the issues. I'm fairly sure Zim doesn't either.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we beat Utd in at least one game, and the reason we beat them is a 90th minute pelanty in which Ozil dives or something. To add cherry on the cake, I hope Utd dominate the game all the 90 mins and lose to that bad decision. Mourinho will probably be banned for life for punching Wenger.

Win-win!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Mourinho What a thug.

What's with his obsession with Arsene? Probably has a voodoo doll at home and pictures with knifes stuck in them, plastered across the walls in his home.

Complete embarrassment to football.

I'm sure it being the player's decision to play more conservatively rather than Wenger's being true (a pretty sad indictment on the manager but that's another story); it was mentioned/rumoured at the time though I'm a bit iffy about one our players actually texting a rival manager to tell him about it.

Don't think it was Ozil, iirc he was injured during that game and wouldn't have been in training that week. Might have been Santi ....... I remember him being particularly chummy with Mourinho during the infamous Community shield game two years ago when Wenger hilariously blanked Mourinho's handshake offer.
    I don't it matters too much who it was, it's a pretty outdated view of managing either way by the sounds of it:
    “One afternoon at Aberdeen, I had a conversation with my assistant manager while we were having a cup of tea. He said: ‘I don’t know why you brought me here.’ I said: ‘What are you talking about?’ and he replied: ‘I don’t do anything. I work with the youth team, but I’m here to assist you with the training and with picking the team. That’s the assistant manager’s job.’

“Another coach said: ‘I think he’s right, boss,’ and pointed out that I could benefit from not always having to lead the training.

“At first I said: ‘No, no, no,’ but I thought it over for a few days and then said: ‘I’ll give it a try. No promises.’ Deep down I knew he was right. So I delegated the training to him, and it was the best thing I ever did. It didn’t take away my control. My presence and ability to supervise were always there, and what you can pick up by watching is incredibly valuable.

“Once I stepped out of the bubble, I became more aware of a range of details, and my performance level jumped. Seeing a change in a player’s habits or a sudden dip in his enthusiasm allowed me to go further with him: Is it family problems? Is he struggling financially? Is he tired? What kind of mood is he in? Sometimes I could even tell that a player was injured when he thought he was fine.

“I don’t think many people fully understand the value of observing, but I came to see observation as a critical part of my management skills. The ability to see things is key or, more specifically, the ability to see things you don’t expect to see."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger is just as big a whining bitch as Maureen and there's no point trying to pretend otherwise. The former has been moaning his tits off about money for the past decade, every chance he gets. They can spit back and forth like children all they want, but where it really counts - on the pitch - Maureen has annihilated Wenger and the argument is well and truly over and the outcome decisive. The 1,000th game humiliation sums up just about everything. When the real crunch comes Wenger fails and fails catastrophically. If Maureen had any wit or an ounce of class he could have ground Wenger into the dust by now, not just on the pitch but off it. He doesn't though, he's as petty a fool as Wenger. Both like to blame everyone bar themselves and both are an embarrassing spectacle.
    Agreed. It all started because with the financial doping stuff and Wenger constantly talking about Chelsea having an unfair advantage. Then Mourinho called him a voyeur. Wenger said he'd sue.....

It flared up again because Wenger kept talking about Chelsea somehow cheating the transfer window with that Mata sale to Utd. Wenger looks like a fool because of his poor record, Mourinho looks a fool when this sort of thing comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I hope we beat Utd in at least one game, and the reason we beat them is a 90th minute pelanty in which Ozil dives or something. To add cherry on the cake, I hope Utd dominate the game all the 90 mins and lose to that bad decision. Mourinho will probably be banned for life for punching Wenger.

Win-win!

Hell no. We owe them a serious beating. A humiliating scoreline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post

Win-win!
    And then Wenger would be paraded shoulder high through the streets of Islington and awarded a new contract!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And then Wenger would be paraded shoulder high through the streets of Islington and awarded a new contract!

Wake up Letters. You`re daydreaming again.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Hell no. We owe them a serious beating. A humiliating scoreline.
    Yep and to be fair i see your point in pointing out that there is a lot of passive agressive sniping that comes from Wenger, he has a kind of purity a lot of other managers find insufferable

But as stubborn and as sanctimonious as he is, i think he can't match Mourinho for the simply toxic nature of his personality.

There is a very interesting article Le Grove placed on his twitter feed about Mourinho's current motivations being more than of avarice than ambition (citing the fact that the deal to bring him to Old Trafford was held up over a conflict of car sponsorship where Mourinho is being paid to advertise a competing brand to Chevrolet as one example).