User Tag List

Page 81 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Suarez thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    I think most likely is the clause can be interpreted in different ways. Each party will think it's in their favour. Lawyers would want to drag it out for months or even years to prolong their gravy train.

Sounds to me like Rodgers and Liverpool's chairman did the old 'Levy Gentleman's Agreement' trick and verbally told Suarez he could leave for £40m to a Champs Lge club. Players should record all conversations when negotiating a contract. Levy got another year out of Modric after giving his word he could leave and he's now doing the same with Bale and making sure he gets mega money for him. I know players are stupid but you'd think their advisors wouldn't fall for the oldest trick in the book.
    Yup, verbal agreements are meaningless if they are not documented at the very least.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    I think most likely is the clause can be interpreted in different ways. Each party will think it's in their favour. Lawyers would want to drag it out for months or even years to prolong their gravy train.

Sounds to me like Rodgers and Liverpool's chairman did the old 'Levy Gentleman's Agreement' trick and verbally told Suarez he could leave for £40m to a Champs Lge club. Players should record all conversations when negotiating a contract. Levy got another year out of Modric after giving his word he could leave and he's now doing the same with Bale and making sure he gets mega money for him. I know players are stupid but you'd think their advisors wouldn't fall for the oldest trick in the book.
    Actually Taylor has already come out and said pretty much that; there is ambiguity. But he stopped far short of saying he had their backing, just that they would mediate. For Gordon Taylor to come out and not defend the player straight away says alot. And since then we've had the Suarez statement which suggests there is still an impasse, or they screwed up.

And as I've said, any verbal agreement is made null and void by anything written into his contract. No doubt he pwomised to behave himself anyway, so moaning like a little child makes him look petty and desperate. Back in May there was no talk of Champions League, or pwomises or clauses, it was that he wanted to leave the country because of the media. Now he's realised that looks unlikely he has to mend his attitude with the press and scrabble about for different excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    He's not mentioned legal action to be honest (don't think he has at least), just the PFA. If there was such a clause surely his agent would have been onto the lawyers to get it enforced.

Would he have signed a new agreement, for more money probably yes, he seems the type.
    It’s been mentioned in the press that he’s considering legal action and if the PFA have been in touch with Liverpool, would there be a need for them to go public about it? Liverpool have been very vocal about this whole issue and they’ve chosen to go public with certain details. Because they’ve been talking so much, we were forced to make some sort of statement and it’s the same with Suarez. I’d have no sympathy for him if he signed a deal without that agreement in place. If a player should honour a contract, the same rules apply to the club. If they’ve put some vague and ambiguous clause in the contract, then they know they’ve been underhanded. They haven’t followed in the spirit and letter of the law. I doubt they’d have written in that clause freely and it must have done so on the player’s request. He signed under those conditions that there is a ‘get out’ clause. It’s like getting married to a woman that wants a pre-nup agreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not in writing then I'm not sure Suarez has a leg to stand on unfortunately. Verbal agreements mean sod all - Liverpool only told him what he wanted to hear to keep him sweet however they probably didn't envisage Arsenal of all clubs coming in for him. If it was Real Madrid or another CL club he would have been sold weeks ago.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGFC View Post
    This would be an ideal time for AW to say, "meh, we're not interested any more..." and walk away smiling.
    If it wasn't for the fact that we desperately need him I would love to see that.

I'm thinking now that he's made he's made his situation untenable and is forcing through a transfer, we rescind the £40 million +1 offer and instead offer £30 million + 1. With talk on RAWK of them not accepting anything less than £60 million last week, getting him less than 40 million would be one of the best troll moves ever sure to piss of Liverpool for a decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    The thing is though, Suarez has no choice but to play, it's World Cup year if he doesn't play he may find he's not in the squad.
    He plays for Uruguay.

He'll be in the squad.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If it's not in writing then I'm not sure Suarez has a leg to stand on unfortunately. Verbal agreements mean sod all - Liverpool only told him what he wanted to hear to keep him sweet however they probably didn't envisage Arsenal of all clubs coming in for him. If it was Real Madrid or another CL club he would have been sold weeks ago.
    It’s probably in writing. As reported, if a bid of £40m is received, they must inform the player. That doesn’t mean they have to sell him of course. It’s all shady and nobody has a right to speak about class. How Arsenal got a hold of that clause in the contract is shady and lacks class. Liverpool misleading their player and leaking constant BS to the press is shady and lacks class. Suarez… He’s a joke of a player. Absolute scumbag with no class but we need his services. It’s a dirty game.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll slap in a transfer request and we'll accept it. Any talk of legal wrangles and clauses and pwomises will be moot. And we'll hope to god Rafa comes flying in with a bid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    He'll slap in a transfer request and we'll accept it. Any talk of legal wrangles and clauses and pwomises will be moot. And we'll hope to god Rafa comes flying in with a bid.
    Yeah, somehow I don't see you guys rolling over for us and selling HIM for 40million.

Your owner & manager have both had a dig at us and your captain has pretty much stated that it would be crazy to sell Suarez to us.

I think you guys will stand your ground with this one irrespective of what Suarez says or wants.

I like Suarez as a player and would like him here, we are absolutely desperate for a quality centre forward but this one is going to end in tears for Arsenal IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah, somehow I don't see you guys rolling over for us and selling HIM for 40million.

Your owner & manager have both had a dig at us and your captain has pretty much stated that it would be crazy to sell Suarez to us.

I think you guys will stand your ground with this one irrespective of what Suarez says or wants.

I like Suarez as a player and would like him here, we are absolutely desperate for a quality centre forward but this one is going to end in tears for Arsenal IMHO.
    Yeah I just can't see Suarez joining us. Surely Liverpool would take £30m from a foreign club rather than £40m from us?? They'd still be making a healthy profit and it saves an embarrassing u-turn for them.

One last thing on the clause - it's utter bullshit. Do you really think the clause was ever intended to be "If a club bids £40m we'll tell you about it" I mean seriously?? No way was that ever supposed to be the clause. Liverpool may have worded it like that and pulled a fast one, and well done to them if they did. But to me that is much more classless than anything we've done in this transfer saga.