0 0%
Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK...I did ask nicely. I'm going to start editing/deleting posts next. Come on, guys.
    I know as a mod you’ve got to keep a veneer of responsibility, but deep down wouldn’t you rather have unpleasant ad hominem exchanges as opposed to the sedateness that is this forum 90% of the time.

As for this silly fellow who can’t help but reply to me (whatever I say about Mandela at least he has some self restraint in that regard)
    If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I sincerely hope you’re not anyone’s Daddy, or indeed if you are that the child has been placed in protective custody away from you.

There was a local story near me some time ago about children being taken away from their parents because the parents lacked the required intellectual capacity…I’m now wondering if that was you.

As I’ve said you’ll get no warm fuzzies from me. You absolutely cannot refute my argument that you reply to people without even actually reading what they’ve said (in fairness you absolutely do so you wouldn’t be able to). So you can continue providing me with fuel to antagonise you further or you can do what you said you were going to do and go back to work.

Me? I’m working too but I’m more than happy to be entertained by you running blindly into things like an angry Mr Magoo
    It must really hurt being you, all this crap just to feel whole.....damn!

Guys, we might be getting another ILT very soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK...I did ask nicely. I'm going to start editing/deleting posts next. Come on, guys.
    Letters, I think you should let the kid have his day, he clearly needs it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    It must really hurt being you, all this crap just to feel whole.....damn!

Guys, we might be getting another ILT very soon
    You’re still going

I won’t lie, you’re making a dull working day all the much brighter

I was going to be nice and offer you the chance to re-read some of the posts you reply to and actually answer with what’s said rather than what you think has been said but this is way more fun

Has it been a bad day for you….do you have Arsenal stuff on your desk and one of your work colleagues has been singing “two nil and you fucked it up” in your ear all morning?

Anyway I’ve got some sod pestering me on Teams so will have to leave it there. Cheer up buttercup, and try not to beat up your imaginary girlfriend when you get in tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being dropped from the team is taking it way too far but I do see that some of the criticism is justified and correct. Pretending like his contribution isn't poor right now would be doing the lad a disservice..
    Aye, I meant dropped from the starting line up, not the squad. Starting Trossard with Saka on the bench, just as a reminder that he's not untouchable...which he is and he knows it.
    It's a shame as my frustration is more with the situation but it manifests with criticism of the player which isn't entirely fair, I guess. It's just poor man management but I do think the fans and media are culpable in this too.
    I don't even mind poor players, man. I've said before, Holding is probably my favorite player at the club and it ain't because he's good he's just a real all in, loves the club kinda guy who you never hear a bad word about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You’re still going

I won’t lie, you’re making a dull working day all the much brighter

I was going to be nice and offer you the chance to re-read some of the posts you reply to and actually answer with what’s said rather than what you think has been said but this is way more fun

Has it been a bad day for you….do you have Arsenal stuff on your desk and one of your work colleagues has been singing “two nil and you fucked it up” in your ear all morning?

Anyway I’ve got some sod pestering me on Teams so will have to leave it there. Cheer up buttercup, and try not to beat up your imaginary girlfriend when you get in tonight
    Ok, just remember, Jesus loves you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just remember, Jesus loves you
    As long as he doesn’t want me to suck his tongue like the Dalai Lama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Aye, I meant dropped from the starting line up, not the squad. Starting Trossard with Saka on the bench, just as a reminder that he's not untouchable...which he is and he knows it.
    It's a shame as my frustration is more with the situation but it manifests with criticism of the player which isn't entirely fair, I guess. It's just poor man management but I do think the fans and media are culpable in this too.
    I don't even mind poor players, man. I've said before, Holding is probably my favorite player at the club and it ain't because he's good he's just a real all in, loves the club kinda guy who you never hear a bad word about.
    Lol, if not for your Saka issues, would say we like the same players .....but yeah agree pretty much with what you said.

Just beats my imagination why Arteta can't see the boy is better off on the bench for now.. IMO Trossard is an easy key in for now and shouldn't really be dropped the way he is playing. Contribution wise the way I rate our attackers for now are:

Martinelli
    Trossard
    Jesus
    Saka
    Odegaard
    Nelson
    Xhaka
    Vieira

at a point I even considered that if he still wanted Saka on the pitch, couldn't he had taken off Odegaard and put Trosaard their? Just do something radical to get our tempo up (that was at 2-1, not when chicken had come home to roost)

We had options yesterday it was just a total lack of imagination from Arteta and that's because he's fixated on a starting 11 when he's got a pretty good attacking squad now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuses, excuses, excuses.... throwing 2-0 leads twice in a row in 7 days to sides struggling (and fatigued) isn't the Managers fault or down to his decisions, but when we were beating teams black and blue it was all about his greatness and how he sets up his team.

Come on give me a break.

For ages their has been a consensus on here that if theirs a weak or naive part of the Rookies game, its the way he uses his bench and subs; we are either complaining that he is running players into the ground (Saka), or ignoring his favourites messing up and being ineffectual (Xhaka, Zin etc.)...saying nothing would have changed if we'd made subs at the right time is a bloody cop out! Pep and Klopp have always shocked us with subs before the half hour limit once they see something isn't quite right...our more experienced former manager who is doing a great job at Villa use to do the same thing too... always believing a team of inexperienced kids will "figure it out" is a bit fanboyish and immature if you ask me. But if I am being honest, I can see how it could build character, the same way I can see how dropping points and repeatedly falling over hurdles kills any character that was suppose to have been built!!

I really don't get why we as fans would prefer not to analyse our team and coach but instead stay firmly fixated on another teams record, lionising every effing thing about them ...its just too pathetic.

It wasn't Citeh who knocked us out of The Europa league, they didn't knock us out of the League cup...they are not responsible for the fact that he has only reached one final in 4 years .....and TBH, even if they end up beating us this month, that loss will not be the loss that meant we could not win the title this year ( we dropped 4 points in 7 days while being 2 nil up, who effing does that while chasing a title!!)...lets actually look at what we can control and scream about our weaknesses until they are adequately addressed....thats if some of us want to move forward or want to keep on bitching for another 20 years.
    A curious post. I wasn't making excuses for anything. I believe we bottled it, and I criticised the brittleness of the team in the past 2 matches. Hardly lionising another team or being fanboyish.

This is the problem with debate these days. Offer an alternative view and people respond with binary overstatements. I get that you don't rate our manager, but that doesn't mean either that your view is gospel or even supported by the evidence. It certainly doesnt mean that I am a blinkered Arteta fanboy. As HCZ pinted out, the narture of being football fans means that there is never a time when people don't think that something should have been done differently. It isn't unreasonable to take the view that differnt, or earlier subs would have changed the game yesterday, but it's equally valid to look at a team-wide lack of composure meant that we lost our game under pressure - which is what I think we did and believe that we will continue to do for the rest of the season.

You say that saying nothing would have changed if we'd made subs at the right time is a cop out, but Trossard and Jorginho were brought on on 67 mins yesterday and but for a brief period when we settled it didn't really stop the rot. Also, its a bit strange to argue that the problem was a lack of subs but totally ignore the fact that 3 of our best players were unavailable to the manager through injury. This is confirmation bias supporting your anti Arteta stance.

The fact that Arteta has been rightly praised for our good performances that still see us 4 points above Citeh does not mean that he is without his flaws (and by your own argument you cannot fixate on any sub-par performances by our traditional rivals to explain why we have topped the league for so long this season). But the same league position demonstrates that wanting to ditch our manager is objectively rather absurd - and suggesting that it's somehow defeatist to take this view doesn't make amuch sense. Your praise of Emery who despite his experience could not secure a Europa Cup or a top 4 finish for Arsenal speaks for itself, I'm afraid.

If we were going backwards under Arteta then your arguments would hold more merit, but we are not, and I cannot see on any analysis why we would want to do so now, or what 'magical' alternative would guarantee us success. This doesn't mean that I am content with our past 2 perfomances - I am gutted by them - but not wanting to ditch the whole project does not make me immature or less of an Arsenal fan.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Precisely that, it’s entirely possible to hold two thoughts in your head at once. Because ultimately there’s never one explanation for things, it’s usually a myriad of factors.

- It is an opinion that Arteta over uses certain players and does not rotate his squad enough. It’s an opinion that I hold to, but I can’t claim it to be fact. Yesterday? It’s possible that more timely and better made substitutions might have changed the result, it’s also just as possible that it wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference

- The point getting deliberately ignored is that it has been identified that there is something brittle about this side of late. Yesterday felt like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Despite the claims of 21 Brain cells firing, we were all worried about what was happening with the team from 2-1 onwards….because it felt like the same thing was happening again and that speaks as much if not more about too fragile confidence as it does underperforming personnel.

- I wouldn’t mind but I’ve been one of Arteta’s biggest detractors…I’ve made it clear I don’t like the guy. But at the same time it would be folly to replace him, and there’s no shame on my part to admit he’s done far better this season than I thought him capable of. But again we come back to the two thoughts thing, you can think we’ve in many ways over achieved and think we’ve bottled it in the last couple of games….the two are not mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 17-04-2023 at 02:44 PM.