User Tag List

Page 822 of 1387 FirstFirst ... 3227227728128208218228238248328729221322 ... LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 13868

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess which team Stan owns?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is a leech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I confidently expect Arsenal to lose four or five nil tomorrow. Arsene will have another inane excuse. As in the past with other players Alexis and Ozil will want to leave as it becomes more and more obvious that Arsenal will win nothing whilst Wenger is at the helm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    I confidently expect Arsenal to lose four or five nil tomorrow. Arsene will have another inane excuse. As in the past with other players Alexis and Ozil will want to leave as it becomes more and more obvious that Arsenal will win nothing whilst Wenger is at the helm.
    Apart from in 2015 of course.

And 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what's going to happen. It's almost a cruel joke if we win it. Even though I know the team are more than capable of beating Chelsea, I'm confident we'll repeat the same shit shower performance we saw against Watford when we least expect it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Apart from in 2015 of course.

And 2014.
    It has been obvious for several years that the FA Cup is not the prestigious competition it once was. That is why most top clubs do not put out their first team. It is also why it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Wenger manages to lose at Sutton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    It has been obvious for several years that the FA Cup is not the prestigious competition it once was. That is why most top clubs do not put out their first team. It is also why it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Wenger manages to lose at Sutton.
    People on here who were doing cartwheels in 2014 when we won it soon started pretending they didn't care about it when it suited their agenda.
    It has unfortunately lost some of its sheen in the modern game and that's a shame but it's still a reasonably major trophy and better to win it than not. At least I'd care if we won that, unlike the league cup when I couldn't give a monkeys.
    But we won't win the bigger prizes while Wenger is in charge, that much is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People on here who were doing cartwheels in 2014 when we won it soon started pretending they didn't care about it when it suited their agenda.
    It has unfortunately lost some of its sheen in the modern game and that's a shame but it's still a reasonably major trophy and better to win it than not. At least I'd care if we won that, unlike the league cup when I couldn't give a monkeys.
    But we won't win the bigger prizes while Wenger is in charge, that much is true.
    I can only speak for myself, but my hope was for the cups to act as a springboard and for the team to go on to win bigger prizes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we now agree on the point I was making. In my youth the FA Cup was deemed by many to be the major trophy Living close to Wembley I cycled there on Cup Final Day to buy a programme and then watch the coaches stop at the Pub Opposite where we lived on the way (and back) from the game. Many people going to the final went to the Ice Hockey at Empire Pool after the Cup Final,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but my hope was for the cups to act as a springboard and for the team to go on to win bigger prizes.
    Yes of course, and Letters is fully aware of that. The alternative to treating the cups this way is to say the whole Emirates project was so we could compete with Hull and Wigan in the FA Cup. IIRC that's not what was said as Highbury was being knocked down. They were going on about "European elite", "team worthy of the stadium", and even more recently have been mentioning Bayern Munich. So no, the FA Cup in no way shape or form represents success, not the by our supposed standards. A nice day out, that's what it is these days.
    Für eure Sicherheit