User Tag List

Page 839 of 1387 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298378388398408418498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 13864

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39226443

that will give ammunition to the Cult of Arsene
    It was probably them who started this rubbish. Any fan who wants to see Arsenal dumped out of the cup by non-league Lincoln hates the manager more than they love the club. Besides, they just have to wait until the semis.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

We approached the player, his club said, "This is not going to be free!", we moved away from the player. Now we can wait for somebody else to sign the player and then add him to our Almost Signed World 11.

What is the purpose of constantly talking about who we almost signed? Yes I know journos bring this up, but shut the fuck up Wenger. You are just making it worse by giving us a long list of players that you were never going to bring to the club because you are too conservative and too tight.
    Really not sure why he does it. I'm sure the press are in on it and ask as some sort of running joke or they're running bets. 'I bet Arsene approach him first but failed'. He needs to stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was probably them who started this rubbish. Any fan who wants to see Arsenal dumped out of the cup by non-league Lincoln hates the manager more than they love the club. Besides, they just have to wait until the semis.
    It would be pretty funny though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    No it wouldn't, it would add fuel to the scumbag fan narrative and give Wenger sympathy he doesn't deserve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how the media paints gooners as ungrateful brats for our 'impatience' with Wenger even though they are the ones who lay into him most.

I doubt there are many who would want to lose to Lincoln though, but there are a lot who have gone past caring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    No it wouldn't, it would add fuel to the scumbag fan narrative and give Wenger sympathy he doesn't deserve
    Relax bro, it was tongue in cheek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We approached the player, his club said, "This is not going to be free!", we moved away from the player. Now we can wait for somebody else to sign the player and then add him to our Almost Signed World 11.

What is the purpose of constantly talking about who we almost signed? Yes I know journos bring this up, but shut the fuck up Wenger. You are just making it worse by giving us a long list of players that you were never going to bring to the club because you are too conservative and too tight.
    "This is not going to be free!" is that all it takes to scare us away, no wonder we never sign anyone top notch if that's the case. I'm wondering whether Wenger just makes these things up, what a ridiculous story, if it's true we look incompetent, if it's a lie it's a pretty poor effort.

Funny how Wenger almost signs all of these top notch players but then manages to sign these not so great players all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wonder how you simultaneously hold in your head the two thoughts that Wenger is cheap and won't spend money and Wenger spends far too much on players who aren't worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I do wonder how you simultaneously hold in your head the two thoughts that Wenger is cheap and won't spend money and Wenger spends far too much on players who aren't worth it.
    Easily

a) He generally won't sign established players as they cost too much
    b) He signs players for 10-15 million (because they are relatively cheap who aren't good enough) and basically when they don't work out it's wasted money we could have put towards quality players, we also pay kids way too much.

He's cheap in a sense that he won't pay market rate, he's happy to stock up sub standard players that cost 10-15 million though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's signed plenty of players for far more than that and he pays very high wages to players who I think we all agree dont deserve it. So how is he 'cheap'? You can more reasonably accuse him of spending money unwisely but you can't have it both ways and simultaneously accuse him of spending too much and being "cheap"