User Tag List

Page 847 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 3477477978378458468478488498578979471347 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Enjoy the football dicks
    What's a football dick?

Commas

Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it still right to assume a deals on the table but we're waiting for Wenger to sign? We've now heard from Gazidis and Sir Chips that it's a mutual decision. Gazidis has talked about a change, the press have been running with stories about staff shake ups with coaches leaving and a director of football being introduced but Wenger seems pretty rejected such ideas. Also, prior to his recent statement, Gazidis said Arsene Wenger is not Arsenal, along the same lines of the slogan of 'Arsenal FC not Arsene FC'. Somethings going on in the background. Really not sure about this talk of a deal being on the table otherwise Wenger would just sign. It's quite clear he doesn't give a damn about the negative atmosphere surrounding the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Is it still right to assume a deals on the table but we're waiting for Wenger to sign? We've now heard from Gazidis and Sir Chips that it's a mutual decision. Gazidis has talked about a change, the press have been running with stories about staff shake ups with coaches leaving and a director of football being introduced but Wenger seems pretty rejected such ideas. Also, prior to his recent statement, Gazidis said Arsene Wenger is not Arsenal, along the same lines of the slogan of 'Arsenal FC not Arsene FC'. Somethings going on in the background. Really not sure about this talk of a deal being on the table otherwise Wenger would just sign. It's quite clear he doesn't give a damn about the negative atmosphere surrounding the club.
    They were all the same during the knife fights over the shares. Them first, them second, fuck the rest.

Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Hard to say, a deal was on the table three years ago and Wenger did not sign it right up until the final moment, whether he'd have signed on anyway without top 4 or the fa cup hard to say (he seemed to suggest he would have walked away but then his current statements appear to contradict this).

Although if i remember correctly did not the club openly admit a deal was there for Wenger to sign?

Gazidis' comments seemed to suggest no deal was currently waiting to be signed, but realistically i tend to think if there was going to be any outcome other than him staying the wheels would already be in motion (which maybe they would, but it's hard to believe the media would have absolutely no idea of it going on).

But then again, this club with a total vacuum at the top....who knows what's actually going on. The depressing thing is it's unlikely Wenger would have come out what he did if he was not confident he would have the backing of the majority share holder, so again educated guess only that he's throwing Gazidis' words back in his face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is apparent that Wenger cares more about himself than the club. If not an amicable solution would be to kick him upstairs and bring another in. What faith can we have in him re vamping the club when he has failed for so many years. Due to his ego he has totally failed to embrace modern tactics. I genuinely believe he does not think he is in anyway to blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    It is apparent that Wenger cares more about himself than the club. If not an amicable solution would be to kick him upstairs and bring another in. What faith can we have in him re vamping the club when he has failed for so many years. Due to his ego he has totally failed to embrace modern tactics. I genuinely believe he does not think he is in anyway to blame.
    Unfortunately that wouldnt work with Wenger. He thrives, nay craves the daily tactile machinations of running a football club. Hundreds of staff treating him deferentially and harkening to his every word. The bantz with the media. He would be a lousy DOF. He himself would probably agree. He needs to leave amicably or bruisingly. Its the only way the club can progress in this decade.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say, a deal was on the table three years ago and Wenger did not sign it right up until the final moment, whether he'd have signed on anyway without top 4 or the fa cup hard to say (he seemed to suggest he would have walked away but then his current statements appear to contradict this).

Although if i remember correctly did not the club openly admit a deal was there for Wenger to sign?

Gazidis' comments seemed to suggest no deal was currently waiting to be signed, but realistically i tend to think if there was going to be any outcome other than him staying the wheels would already be in motion (which maybe they would, but it's hard to believe the media would have absolutely no idea of it going on).

But then again, this club with a total vacuum at the top....who knows what's actually going on. The depressing thing is it's unlikely Wenger would have come out what he did if he was not confident he would have the backing of the majority share holder, so again educated guess only that he's throwing Gazidis' words back in his face.
    I agree I think all this means he is staying, if he was going to leave it would be announced and some planning would be going on and the media would know about it. Also if he said he was leaving then I think performances would actually pick up, the fans would celebrate the achievements he has made over the years and I do think there would be a more positive atmosphere around the club.

Uncertainty helps no one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think Gazidis will be around come this summer. Just my feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    I dont think Gazidis will be around come this summer. Just my feeling.
    Same here. Was just thinking that this morning. In that world your reputation (deserved or mythical) is super important for the next role as you move up the ladder. If Wenger stays and nothing of real importance changes, Ivan will be shown to be a lame duck if he sits there and accepts it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Same here. Was just thinking that this morning. In that world your reputation (deserved or mythical) is super important for the next role as you move up the ladder. If Wenger stays and nothing of real importance changes, Ivan will be shown to be a lame duck if he sits there and accepts it.
    yup.

I think its either Wenger or Gazidis at this point, and Kroenke will keep Wenger around.