User Tag List

Page 858 of 1387 FirstFirst ... 3587588088488568578588598608689089581358 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 13864

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colleague just told me Arsenal contacted him today to ask if he'd like a season ticket.
    The minute Lacazette has signed they're on the marketing campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/mertesa...rsenal-academy

Per Mertesacker will be the new Academy Manager. That's awesome!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BFG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All is forgiven after that performance against the chavs.

Although how much power he ends up having in practical terms is another matter. Is it yet another role that involves nodding when Wenger says stuff?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theo seems pretty down in this video. Like he doesn't want to be there and couldn't give a shit about what he's saying. I wonder is he on the way out?

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Mesut is staying.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We seem to be employing players who weren't the best as coaches/managers, now sure they could turn out to be great, but personally would have preferred players like Henry/Vieira, players others can look up to and have instant respect for due to their achievements and quality.

Mertersacker isn't exactly my idea of top notch, never really rated the guy and never thought he was all that as a defender either. We've only won the FA Cup since he's been here and our defences has largely been a shambles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sounds like Mesut is staying.

Was never too worried about Ozil, he's not had any offers and there's isn't a big demand for him, be glad if he stays though as he's a top player, just need to be utilised correctly, hopefully with Lacazettes' pace we can go back to counterattacking and ditch that short passing BS most of us hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We seem to be employing players who weren't the best as coaches/managers, now sure they could turn out to be great, but personally would have preferred players like Henry/Vieira, players others can look up to and have instant respect for due to their achievements and quality.

Mertersacker isn't exactly my idea of top notch, never really rated the guy and never thought he was all that as a defender either. We've only won the FA Cup since he's been here and our defences has largely been a shambles.
    I've got time for Merts. Heard he was a leader behind the scenes early when he joined us and you can see it in the way he plays. Kos was shocking before Merts arrived and it looks like Kos missed Merts last season as well.

We need to retain players like Merts. Make use of his leadership skills and keep him at the club. We should have also kept Arteta. These guys may not been the best on the pitch but I remember both players being spoken of highly in terms of leadership and attitude in the dressing room.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously Merts is a brilliant defender, only a moran would dispute that. You don't get 100+ caps for Germany who have been one of the best international sides in the last 10 years unless you're any good.
    He's not an all time great, but being an all time great player does not in any way guarantee to being a good coach or manager.
    It's actually quite rare for a really top player to be a really top manager.
    I think Merts could be quite good in this role but it remains to be seen.