User Tag List

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about maths? There are 300 million people in the US. How may of these fatal shootings a year? How many police interactions with blacks are there a year, by comparison?

Should we be radicalising and dividing the population on every issue that affects 0.00000something% of the population? Not saying we should ignore the microscopic problem, each case should be dealt with on its own merits. But should we be trying to force huge political change on the back of something that barely exists? Or making sweeping conclusions about the (I assume) millions of non-lethal incidents?

What about personal responsibility and personal choice? Does anyone have a graph that shows the correlation between being a criminal and getting shot?

In terms of gun crime and the black community, what's the most likely cause of death by a firearm? Is it the police? It's not.

What's the difference between criminal use of firearms and law abiding behaviour? There's a huge difference between a gang-banger with a gun and a responsible and trained law abiding citizen.

Why are law abiding citizens and white people who have absolutely nothing to do with these incidents being identified as a root cause, rather than the criminals who are being shot?

Where's the logic or reason in this debate? Why is there no sense of proportion? Who benefits from the whole debate being awash in hysteria?

Are there racists in the police force? Yep. Just like there are racist firemen and racist teachers and racist accountants. The proportion will be tiny, but you get every kind of person and viewpoint in this world. What's the number of racists per 100 or 1000 or 10000 that would mark the point where you could say the whole institution is racist?

I suppose I'm asking of anyone has even a single piece of evidence that even hints at the genuine existence of institutional racism in the police force? I don't mean telling jokes about Paddy and whisky, or the Jew and his money, or Chalky and his dong. I'm talking about racists acts that affect people's lives.

Surely by now you realise what is going on is quite literally crazy and deliberately designed to cause as much division as possible?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Surely by now you realise what is going on is quite literally crazy and deliberately designed to cause as much division as possible?
    it's people like you who are divisive, by supporting the most divisive figures there are, like Trump - i can't believe you talk about other people causing division and yet daily on here you hurl abuse and pejorative terms at anyone who dares to disagree with your views

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about maths? There are 300 million people in the US. How may of these fatal shootings a year? How many police interactions with blacks are there a year, by comparison?

Should we be radicalising and dividing the population on every issue that affects 0.00000something% of the population? Not saying we should ignore the microscopic problem, each case should be dealt with on its own merits. But should we be trying to force huge political change on the back of something that barely exists? Or making sweeping conclusions about the (I assume) millions of non-lethal incidents?

What about personal responsibility and personal choice? Does anyone have a graph that shows the correlation between being a criminal and getting shot?

In terms of gun crime and the black community, what's the most likely cause of death by a firearm? Is it the police? It's not.

What's the difference between criminal use of firearms and law abiding behaviour? There's a huge difference between a gang-banger with a gun and a responsible and trained law abiding citizen.

Why are law abiding citizens and white people who have absolutely nothing to do with these incidents being identified as a root cause, rather than the criminals who are being shot?

Where's the logic or reason in this debate? Why is there no sense of proportion? Who benefits from the whole debate being awash in hysteria?

Are there racists in the police force? Yep. Just like there are racist firemen and racist teachers and racist accountants. The proportion will be tiny, but you get every kind of person and viewpoint in this world. What's the number of racists per 100 or 1000 or 10000 that would mark the point where you could say the whole institution is racist?

I suppose I'm asking of anyone has even a single piece of evidence that even hints at the genuine existence of institutional racism in the police force? I don't mean telling jokes about Paddy and whisky, or the Jew and his money, or Chalky and his dong. I'm talking about racists acts that affect people's lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try posting that on Twitter.

You're right, it's a minority driving this crazed agenda and not an ethnic or gender minority either, but a gang of self-interested, financially and power motivated scumbags who think they have a better version of hw the world should work so are using every subversive trick in the playbook to bring that about. And throwing anyone and everyone under their boots as they crawl towards their goal. It's been done before, the outcome will be the same as it always was should these miscreants succeed.
    The Twitter comment made me laugh out loud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it's people like you who are divisive, by supporting the most divisive figures there are, like Trump - i can't believe you talk about other people causing division and yet daily on here you hurl abuse and pejorative terms at anyone who dares to disagree with your views
    Not true again. It's certainly true there are specific individuals I have very little time for. But that's not my general demeanour when encountering honest people.

But why are we even talking when you never have anything to say?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As ever - its more nuanced than that NQ. The reason why these shootings have become a focal point is because they are a very visible hook to hang more general social and economic issues on - mostly the maginalisation that many black communites feel. Its not so much the issue of itself...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not true again. It's certainly true there are specific individuals I have very little time for. But that's not my general demeanour when encountering honest people.

But why are we even talking when you never have anything to say?
    i've got plenty to say, which is implictly acknowledged by the fact you're always replying to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    As ever - its more nuanced than that NQ. The reason why these shootings have become a focal point is because they are a very visible hook to hang more general social and economic issues on - mostly the maginalisation that many black communites feel. Its not so much the issue of itself...
    Well that's what I said too, but not because of a historical injustice (or at least that's far from being the main reason). But because of ongoing policies deliberately engineered by a political party. Traditional black communities were very family oriented, despite slavery. Did that change because of slavery?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj84...-footage-shows

More savagery from your local neighborhood cops
    Also more reason to hate Walmart and their cuddly in-law Kroenke
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj84...-footage-shows

More savagery from your local neighborhood cops
    Also more reason to hate Walmart and their cuddly in-law Kroenke
    Entirely different thing. The relationship between cops all over the world and the citizen needs to be fundamentally reexamined, and their shitty training needs to be sorted out. That's ALL citizens, black, white, brown, yellow. People could unite behind a movement like that, rather than the divisive bullshit coming out of BLM.
    Für eure Sicherheit