User Tag List

Page 99 of 245 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Cena had won,then they might as well have retired him. He would have done everything there is to do.
    At least his character has somewhere to go now. or at least, it should. It's still more than likely they will do something that have him inserted into a triple-threat title match with Jericho and Punk* at Extreme Rules, with four weeks of goofball exaggerated forced face promos and him going on to the win the thing...

*Add stipulations in the weeks you have to build-up to the match, not two minutes before it next time!!Still sounds like they worked around it very well though(no surprise)

Aftermath of HITC sounded very final - but I don't think we've seen the end of UT at WM just yet.... After all, still plenty more Metallica tracks to get through first

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...eMania-28.html

The main take on it tbh

Not the first time i read the first hour was alwful either.

Thankfully the big guns showed up this year.

Best WM in years though? Not sure mainly cos i havent seen this or many other WMs in recent years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Harsh on WM9 tbh

Ending was the best ever
    Yes......

Scripting Bret to say "Go get 'em Hulk".

Unbeatable...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Was Punk v Jericho as good as people expected it to be?

Reading up about the Bryan v Sheamus match. Apparently its been planned for weeks. No idea why though. I see no injury mentioned.

I hope Vince is going somewhere with this cos otherwise hes just degrading the belt, his main show and his wrestlers
    I don't think it was quite the Match of the Year contender they were hoping it would be, the crowd were really dull for the first 15 minutes and that doesn't ever help. It was still very good though.

And I think it's just because Vince is a WUM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I don't think it was quite the Match of the Year contender they were hoping it would be, the crowd were really dull for the first 15 minutes and that doesn't ever help. It was still very good though.

And I think it's just because Vince is a WUM.
    Indeed. It had "I've got a good idea.." written all over it. According to the usually very accurate Bryan Alvarez at Wrestling Observer, many in the front office tried to dissuade him... I admire their chutzpah if nothing else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post

If Cena had won,then they might as well have retired him. He would have done everything there is to do.
    At least his character has somewhere to go now. or at least, it should. It's still more than likely they will do something that have him inserted into a triple-threat title match with Jericho and Punk* at Extreme Rules, with four weeks of goofball exaggerated forced face promos and him going on to the win the thing...

*Add stipulations in the weeks you have to build-up to the match, not two minutes before it next time!!Still sounds like they worked around it very well though(no surprise)

Aftermath of HITC sounded very final - but I don't think we've seen the end of UT at WM just yet.... After all, still plenty more Metallica tracks to get through first
    The Rock is on tonight so you'd imagine he and Cena willl have one final showdown before they announce whatever the main event(s) of WM29 will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post
    Indeed. It had "I've got a good idea.." written all over it. According to the usually very accurate Bryan Alvarez at Wrestling Observer, many in the front office tried to dissuade him... I admire their chutzpah if nothing else
    I like how he employs so many different writers yet they all report to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HHH vs Taker was match of the night for sure, really did seem like closure on the attitude era. HBK was a good ref as well, brought a lot of emotion to it. I thought the streak was gone when he superkicked Taker and he then fell into the Pedigree. Of course he was always going to kick out though!

Great scenes at the end of the match with them 3 together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I wish they did have The Star Spangled Banner sung tbf. I do like it a lot.
    Especially when performed by Leslie Nielsen (RIP) in the guise of Frank Drebin pretending to be 'Enrico Polazzo'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)