User Tag List

Page 990 of 1387 FirstFirst ... 490890940980988989990991992100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 13867

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We missed out on some good managers. I always thought Pep would be a good replacement at one time.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 27-02-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Brendan Rogers Red and White army!
    Equal opportunities, they have to put one spacko on the short list.

Klopp, Pep and a string of other managers sailed past while Wenger grimly hung on. Now we're talking about Brendan Rodgers? Bin dipping as usual. Might as well make it Woy.

Wouldn't that be suicidally hilarious, if we got rid of the worst manager in football only to replace him with Woy, the even worse worst manager in football?

Are they seriously saying we don't know who it's going to be and we don't have anyone lined up yet? That would be hard to believe. But, if the case, Ancelloti as caretaker while they figure it out. Or get Conte and send Wenger to the chavs.

When it finally happens, if, when he goes, I hope fans don't get all soppy about it. When remembering the titles and Invincibles, don't sugar coat this last decade. It has been football hell. A Wenger coma entirely of his own making, his ego and vanity that has dragged the club down into grey averageness.

Even now, at this late stage, he could delegate, he could get the players together and say fuck, what do any of us have to lose, let's change everything and let's go for it all guns blazing. But he won't, he'll zombie shuffle on until literally everyone in the world is fed up with him, even silent, absent leech Stan Kroenke.

If Kroenke loves him so much, maybe he'll leave with him? Too much to ask?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these reports seem unsourced and have no quotes from anyone. Quiet news day for the journos?

Even so:

Qualifying for the Champions League next season would provide Wenger with a bargaining tool in his attempts to stay. At the moment, however, he is facing the virtually impossible task of arguing that the team has improved after he was awarded a two-year extension last summer — particularly after they broke their transfer record twice in the space of seven months.
    I don't think we can risk winning the Europa - even if we were capable of doing it. It's too risky, not the winning of a cup but the CL place and the money it brings. I'm pretty sure Wenger gets another year if he can say, look, as well you know, 30 million lovely quid at least - ker-ching! Stan will keep him on if Wenger can shove cash at him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    All these reports seem unsourced and have no quotes from anyone. Quiet news day for the journos?

Even so:

I don't think we can risk winning the Europa - even if we were capable of doing it. It's too risky, not the winning of a cup but the CL place and the money it brings. I'm pretty sure Wenger gets another year if he can say, look, as well you know, 30 million lovely quid at least - ker-ching! Stan will keep him on if Wenger can shove cash at him.
    No way are we going to win the EL, don't worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its about 10 years too late but at last the tabloids have woken up and smelt the coffee. Wenger is finished, he is yesteday's man and does not bring anything to the table anymore. He has to go no matter what.

I'd love to get the Monaco manager (Jardim) but anyone of those on the list is a better candidate than Wenger. Arteta is still young but 2 years working closely with Pep will have done him great. Rodgers im not too sure, he was sacked at Liverpool in the end but that one season where he almost won the league, i thought they played the best football in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This summer, it seems the Arsenal board may finally cut loose a club legend. They will have to because Wenger, blind to his own failings, will not walk.

'He doesn't want to leave because he can't cope with the thought of leaving,' another Arsenal source told Sportsmail.

'But what about the club? If he can't put Arsenal first then he is in danger of appearing selfish.'

Wenger fears retirement and he will manage again on leaving Arsenal. When his future was being discussed last year, he told a friend: 'Don't worry, I will be working next season, somewhere.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Its about 10 years too late but at last the tabloids have woken up and smelt the coffee. Wenger is finished, he is yesteday's man and does not bring anything to the table anymore. He has to go no matter what.

I'd love to get the Monaco manager (Jardim) but anyone of those on the list is a better candidate than Wenger. Arteta is still young but 2 years working closely with Pep will have done him great. Rodgers im not too sure, he was sacked at Liverpool in the end but that one season where he almost won the league, i thought they played the best football in the league.
    I can't understand why people are more open to Arteta over Rogers.

Would prefer Jardim but we should try to poach Conte or go for Ancelotti.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I can't understand why people are more open to Arteta over Rogers.

Would prefer Jardim but we should try to poach Conte or go for Ancelotti.
    I think it’s probably because Arteta is an unknown, no one knows whether he’d be good or shit. Where as Rodgers is known to be shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite an uninspiring list tbh.

Rodgers? No thanks. We'll be going from one manager that can't defend to another.

Even Jardim doesnt inspire me much. Just the best out of a bad bunch. He doesn't come across as someone with much charisma.

Arteta and Henry? Are they trying to give us a heart attack?

HCZ
    I would take Jardim no questions