User Tag List

Page 992 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 492892942982990991992993994100210421092 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 13880

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I think you’re right. I’ve heard people make the Pep and Zidane comparisons, hoping Arteta could turn out to be a similar success story but it’s misguided. Both coaches at least managed at youth level and built relationships with the young players they promoted to the seniors.

I’d be happy for him to come on board as assistant. Same goes for Henry. But I’ll take almost any of the options suggested if it meant we’re booting Wenger.
    Oh I think making Arteta head coach would be setting him up to fail

But Brendan Rodgers??? Jesus

Jardim and Low would both be on my list

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What a stupid idea.
    You're a stupid idea

I was being sarcastic, however, like most of Xhaka's shots, it has sailed completely over your head
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 27-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

I thought you were one of the "Hey, he was a brilliant player for us so would definitely be a brilliant manager for us".
    Always think that's silly logic, have you seen Adams' attempts at management?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Oh I think making Arteta head coach would be setting him up to fail

But Brendan Rodgers??? Jesus

Jardim and Low would both be on my list
    Brendan Rodgers shouldn’t be aware on our list. But if they made that appointment, at least they’re being honest about our ambitions as a club. Arteta or Henry would be a con job and we’ll all fall for it.

I was once in favour of Low but he’s been an international for far too long. It’s well over a decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Brendan Rodgers shouldn’t be aware on our list. But if they made that appointment, at least they’re being honest about our ambitions as a club. Arteta or Henry would be a con job and we’ll all fall for it.

I was once in favour of Low but he’s been an international for far too long. It’s well over a decade.
    Who then?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Fair enough.

I thought you were one of the "Hey, he was a brilliant player for us so would definitely be a brilliant manager for us".
    Always think that's silly logic, have you seen Adams' attempts at management?!
    God no

I don't mind ex players gaining some experience by working alongside a manager, etc, but just assuming they can go from 'brilliant player' to 'brilliant manager' is fucking retarded tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think Simeone is the one I’d pick. I know Atleti are quite a pragmatic team but let’s not pretend as though the football we play now is in any way better. I’m sure we’d all be a little more accepting of whatever style we played as long as we were getting results and subsequently were able to defend better and also foster a winning mentality from it. Plus he’s a warrior and you can’t help but feel like that’s something our club really lacks.

He hasn’t had millions to work with and he’s used to competing against teams with twice the budget anyway, so it wouldn’t be much different here in terms of the landscape of the league. Also going back to the style of football, with the money we have and the select few quality players we do have, I don’t think we’d even need to be as pragmatic as Atleti, he could marry his defensive tactics with our wider selection of attackers to create the best of both worlds.

HCZ
    Tim Stillman referencing Samuel Becketts Waiting for Godot in Arsenal Vision podcast

The fans, the club, the players like Vladimir and Estragon just killing time, going through the motions waiting for it to happen

It being Wenger fucking off

I love that play, it’s incredibly futile and depressing and it’s a good analogy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Who then?
    Jardim, Ancelotti, Conte, heck Luis Enrique is jobless and I don't rate him that highly. But there are plenty of options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I still think Simeone is the one I’d pick. I know Atleti are quite a pragmatic team but let’s not pretend as though the football we play now is in any way better. I’m sure we’d all be a little more accepting of whatever style we played as long as we were getting results and subsequently were able to defend better and also foster a winning mentality from it. Plus he’s a warrior and you can’t help but feel like that’s something our club really lacks.

He hasn’t had millions to work with and he’s used to competing against teams with twice the budget anyway, so it wouldn’t be much different here in terms of the landscape of the league. Also going back to the style of football, with the money we have and the select few quality players we do have, I don’t think we’d even need to be as pragmatic as Atleti, he could marry his defensive tactics with our wider selection of attackers to create the best of both worlds.
    There's absolutely no chance of that.