User Tag List

Page 997 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 497897947987995996997998999100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,970 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't believe you. I genuinely don't care we lost on Sunday - I care about the ease with which City swatted us aside, there was a slight pang of irritation.
    But basically, I don't really care. It's not a competition I really give a monkeys about.
    And to an extent the Europa League is the Caribo Cup of Europe. But it's still a European competition, if we get anywhere near the final of course I'm going to want us to win it.
    Are we really "too good" for this competition now?
    Come on, you're in a final you've got to want to win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil in the right team with enough hard working players would be a real asset, problem is we've got too many fairweather players and a calamitous defence. We need some high energy players, who'll chase down the opposition and will put a tackle in, looking at the team it's really weak, we have creative players but they're not the type that are going to be working their socks off, likewsie the others around them, the amount of ball watching that goes on.

In my eyes we've got Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan and maybe Wilshere (but only if he accepts his pay per play contract and if he performs for the rest of the season, though I still think he's overrated personally).

I'd happily get rid of the rest to be honest (other than maybe Maitland Niles and maybe give Kolasinac one more season to prove himself), Monreal is good but is getting on now otherwise I would have kept him, there's very little quality in the rest of the bunch so I think we need to start again (it's a big job admitedly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    He isn’t that far from being our worst performer.

Xhaka, Iwobi, Welbeck probably all worse but that aside
    Throw in Mustafi, Bellerin, Cech, Koscielny, Chambers as well, they've all been awful. We've got a lot of poor performers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Come on, you're in a final you've got to want to win it.
    Of course. I did want us to win it.
    I just didn't care enough that it really affected my mood when we didn't.
    Would love a decent run in the Europa league, it's the only thing which can partially save our season now.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Throw in Mustafi, Bellerin, Cech, Koscielny, Chambers as well, they've all been awful. We've got a lot of poor performers.
    Ok sorry I should be more specific

I meant to say shit players

Bellerin is not shit his confidence is gone and looks like no one has tried to encourage him to up his game

Mustafi has to have a decent defender playing with him but he’s better than the ridiculous nonsense he called a performance on Sunday

Koscielny and Cech have probably just given up

Chambers I feel sorry for him as a young defender with a little potential you don’t want to be learning your trade under Wenger

Ramsey I think is performing at the level of player he is. You can’t blame poor coaching for a terrible first touch, no reading of the game, an inability to make anything more than the simplest pass. He’s a good off the ball player only in the sense that he runs around a lot. Which I guess is impressive if you can’t run properly, not very laudable though

HCZ
    Of course. I did want us to win it.
    I just didn't care enough that it really affected my mood when we didn't.
    Would love a decent run in the Europa league, it's the only thing which can partially save our season now.
    I think that’s as much about Apathy

I was inconsolable after the league cup defeat to Birmingham city. That really hurt but there’s just no defeat anymore that means anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    I think that’s as much about Apathy

I was inconsolable after the league cup defeat to Birmingham city. That really hurt but there’s just no defeat anymore that means anything.
    I was fuming after that one. It was a bit different as I cared more then, dad and me were still going to games so I was there and we were favourites, and it had been a long time since a trophy.

HCZ
    Football in general makes me apathetic

But it’s still 60% Wenger 40% state of the game

Even two-three years ago I enjoyed going to games. One of the last games I went to watch was the last time we beat Liverpool when Bellerin, Ozil and Sanchez scored in about 5-10 minute period.

Games of that entertainment calibre are so few and far between that’s the main reason I want Wenger to fuck off.

Though not too keen on Ancelotti, whilst I still think he’d be an improvement on what we have he’s a manager who takes something that’s already 95% there and cashes in with it trophy wise. Don’t see him as the guy who can or will want to build a new team in his image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UEFA confirm Premier League top four WILL qualify directly into Champions League group stages with new format to be implemented for 2018-19 season https://t.co/9bPrMueagQ

Awful news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe you. I genuinely don't care we lost on Sunday - I care about the ease with which City swatted us aside, there was a slight pang of irritation.
    But basically, I don't really care. It's not a competition I really give a monkeys about.
    And to an extent the Europa League is the Caribo Cup of Europe. But it's still a European competition, if we get anywhere near the final of course I'm going to want us to win it.
    Are we really "too good" for this competition now?
    I would love to win the EL. Our European honours list is pitiful, even Spurs have won more than us.

It might be the 2nd European competition but it still carries kudos. Plus winning it gives us a chance to win the Super Cup too.

I would respect Wenger if we went and won it because with the teams still involved it’s not an easy task. You can’t fluke your way through 2 legged ties and it's been good enough for Chelsea and United in recent years so it's most certainly good enough for us.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 27-02-2018 at 04:52 PM.