User Tag List

Page 46 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course they're a threat. They finished a point behind us last season. But if the assumption that 'ours is weakening' is because Van Persie is going, I think they'll weaken their squad before the transfer window closes too. And I think we'll strengthen.

That Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City will have better squads isn't really news.

We'll know what shape we're in one month from now. What happens to Van Persie, what happens to Theo, who else we sign, whether Jack Wilshere is brought back to life, whether Wenger makes any definite noises about changing the set-up. I guess it's similar with Tottenham with Modric, Adebayor, whether AVB shows any tactical maturity etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    relatively speaking, van persie leaving us is more problematic than modric leaving spurs. van persie is our only star player but spurs have bale, vaart and adebayor (who looks like he's finally signing) to compensate for the modric loss. in another thread you said van persie was our only world class player; the only one who could produce magic from absolutely nothing, and i completely agree. but now we dont even have that. it's going to be a major issue for us next season.

and where do you think we'll strengthen? we certainly wont replace robin because giroud is already his replacement. i think we may sign a DM/AM but apart from that i'm struggling.

i dont see wenger buying a defender because he wouldn't want to 'kill' jenkinson or gibbs.
    djourou will be our longest servant and wenger has some sort of infatuation with him so a centre back is out of the question.
    we have plenty of wingers.
    chamakh looks like he's staying with park retaining a 3rd choice role.

we need a back up keeper but apart from that im not too sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect if Robin goes we won't buy another striker but go for a DM. AM would probably depend on Wilshere's fitness - even though one is needed anyway, I suspect Wenger will only go for one if Jack won't recover well enough. I expect Oxlade to become the new player that others will look to for a bit of magic - with his England caps and hype, if Van Persie leaves I don't see how even Wenger could keep him out now. I don't see any reason why he won't take on the main responsibility and shine (much like Rooney did) - he has the ability, the strength, the right mentality - it's worth taking a gamble on him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah thats what i meant, either a DM or AM. im hoping its a DM because it gives us many options; we can push arteta up to an AM position which is his natural role, after all, attacking was something he done at everton for years. that provides competition for jack/rosicky/AOC too, keeping them on their toes.

and i think its ludicrous we are relying on chambo to be the 'star factor' when it took van persie so many years to get to that level. heck it even took henry a season or two to get there and he was in his early 20's, he wasn't the raw age of 18. chambo may be the focal point of responsibility in our team now RVP's gone but it puts a great deal of weight onto his shoulders, and should it all capitulate, there will only be one guy to blame; wenger. he's already got it wrong with jack by overrelying and using him too much as his ankle seems completely fucked, so i fear the same may happen with chambo. also, i think comparisons between chambo and rooney should be put to one side; when rooney broke into man united's first team he was indeed a breath of fresh air and their 'raw talent', something chambo is with us, but he had RVN, giggs, scholes and keane alongside him (even ronaldo was there) to help him reach the next level. he wasn't carrying a whole team. relatively speaking, we don't have players in that capacity to assist chambo should things go wrong or to take the weight off his shoulders. rooney would never have achieved what he did on his own without those other players around him, yet chambo is all by himself. at a push you could say he has podolski but we don't even know if he's going to be hit or miss.

thats a problem. a major problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're forgetting Song. Star player.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVB has confirmed Modric is on his way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    AVB has confirmed Modric is on his way out.
    Looking to sign Moutinho as a replacement
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moutinho looked bloody awesome in the Euros. Would be very surprised if a lot of clubs weren't interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I'll be tres jealous if them ****s get him.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would fit in with AVB's policy of signing his sons.